Dr Umar patient "SO" 2 years later

Regarding the question from mj2003- the preference of the ‘short’ cut is not a universal standard for anyone who chooses BHT in their transplant restoration.

I do not visit the forum much anymore since Dr Umar has restored both my psychological and physical hardships with hairloss . I have essentially put it behind me thanks to the advent and skillful advancements for using body hair . It feels so good !

The ‘rule of thumb’ with body hair (not necessarily beard hair) is this- (what you see on the body is what you should expect on the scalp. Again this is a rule of thumb if someone is wondering what role body hair can play for them. I have over 17,000 body hair used in my major restoration (hair taken from legs,chest,arms,abdomen). It isnt scalp hair so dont expect it to provide the same coverage/density/legnth.

Regards to beard hair - I personally do not classify beard hair in the same category as ‘body hair’ . It is an entirely different donor selection source in regards to expected density/legnth vs ‘body hair regions below the neck so to speak’. Beard hair closely mimicks scalp hair growth and that is why it is becoming almost a first source of donor selection when scalp hair sources are not in sufficient numbers.

Regarding SO’s result thus far - the look and design of his transplant works exceptionally well in my opinion for his facial features and have no doubt he is proud and confident .

17,000 body hair grafts & 2000 scalp hair grafts by Dr Umar

» The agreement is to remain confidential. I’m not going to sabotage this
» deal just so you can find me credible.

Don’t feel bad, I am sure you are not the only one making deals with doctors and not disclosing who is footing your bills.

Ill buy that bht isnt as thick as scalp hair 9even though on some ppl like me my chest/shulder hair is much thicker than my head hair) The bht grafts just don’t look like theyve grown. I belive Dr. Feller right bht is a failure. Now i think you had great result but imo i dont see the bht working for you. Yes some did gros and your hairline looks softer but it doesnt look like majority of those 1,000 hairs (im assuming all graft were single) grew. Youd see a bunch of smaller finer hairs, you do see some on your hairline but def not 1k.
Im not knocking you i think you have great hair but i dont think ur bht grewfully. Im not totally against bht, imo dr need to reaserch it more to make it work (either via prp gel, acell on the grafts wateva) but eight now im not impressed. especially by SO’s work. majority of those grafts did not grow imo

Hello Mr. Fink,

If you actually met me in person (feel free to contact me) and examined all the shorter BH growing in and around the longer and thicker head-har grafts in my hairline, IMO, your position about my yield would change.

Regardless, here is a link to an extreme repair case from Dr. U. using 8000 BH and 2000 beard hair.
The yield is obvious and the grafts are growing in severe scar tissue.

Check it out… NO head-hair used.
Now, if you are going to say all this coverage was from the 2000 beard hair grafts alone, well, then these are the most magical 2000 grafts ever planted. Lol.

My case:

Before:

After BHT repair:
(Start counting those beautiful little leg hairs, lol)

BHT works my friend, with the right doc.

Are you pulling my leg Mr. Fink?
The evidence has been “in” for a long while now regarding Dr. Umar’s BHT technique.
My result is well over two years old.
:smiley:

Some did grow but for 10k grafts that result is not impressive. Its very very see through and most of the density is illusion since it’s brushed back. Yes some did grow and he does have more coverage but if you cut that guys hair short u woudl see such a huge diff

Wow, ok.
A BHT combover? Lol.
Not impressive?
C’mon man.
Take another look.

Again, all BHT:

And this is just the front…

The video:

Please post a link to any extreme repair case using head hair that treated the hairline, top of head, sides of head and donor area scarring that compares to this.

Another extreme BHT repair case:

Before:

After:

Did you start counting the leg hair grafts in my hairline in the extreme close-up pics?

» Ill buy that bht isnt as thick as scalp hair 9even though on some ppl like
» me my chest/shulder hair is much thicker than my head hair) The bht grafts
» just don’t look like theyve grown. I belive Dr. Feller right bht is a
» failure. Now i think you had great result but imo i dont see the bht
» working for you. Yes some did gros and your hairline looks softer but it
» doesnt look like majority of those 1,000 hairs (im assuming all graft were
» single) grew. Youd see a bunch of smaller finer hairs, you do see some on
» your hairline but def not 1k.
» Im not knocking you i think you have great hair but i dont think ur bht
» grewfully. Im not totally against bht, imo dr need to reaserch it more to
» make it work (either via prp gel, acell on the grafts wateva) but eight
» now im not impressed. especially by SO’s work. majority of those grafts did
» not grow imo

What do you think this guy should have done instead?

» I belive Dr. Feller right bht is a
» failure.

BHT didn’t fail, Feller did.

Thanks for the clarification. I was always under the impression that body hair (or even beard hair) takes the natural length and direction of growth of the original hair once implanted into the scalp. However, from your answer I see now that this is not the case. Body/beard hair does have a length limit and cannot replace the natural texture of the original hair. More the reason why body hair transplants are very difficult procede with. So hats off for Dr Umar who continues to show impressive results (albeit some better than others) with his emphasis and specialty in BODY FUE. I also believe, given the above reasons, why body fue would be such a magnificent choice if one were to mix with donor hair to save on donor hair or for those who lack donor hair quantity.

Personally, I will use what ever I can to add a very thick density to the front of my head with dr Armani and will see Dr Umar in the future to mix my body hair with some of my donor hair. See you soon dr Umar!

» Regarding the question from mj2003- the preference of the ‘short’ cut is
» not a universal standard for anyone who chooses BHT in their transplant
» restoration.
»
» I do not visit the forum much anymore since Dr Umar has restored both my
» psychological and physical hardships with hairloss . I have essentially put
» it behind me thanks to the advent and skillful advancements for using body
» hair . It feels so good !
»
» The ‘rule of thumb’ with body hair (not necessarily beard hair) is this-
» (what you see on the body is what you should expect on the scalp. Again
» this is a rule of thumb if someone is wondering what role body hair can
» play for them. I have over 17,000 body hair used in my major restoration
» (hair taken from legs,chest,arms,abdomen). It isnt scalp hair so dont
» expect it to provide the same coverage/density/legnth.
»
» Regards to beard hair - I personally do not classify beard hair in the
» same category as ‘body hair’ . It is an entirely different donor selection
» source in regards to expected density/legnth vs ‘body hair regions below
» the neck so to speak’. Beard hair closely mimicks scalp hair growth and
» that is why it is becoming almost a first source of donor selection when
» scalp hair sources are not in sufficient numbers.
»
» Regarding SO’s result thus far - the look and design of his transplant
» works exceptionally well in my opinion for his facial features and have no
» doubt he is proud and confident .
»
» 17,000 body hair grafts & 2000 scalp hair grafts by Dr Umar

Hi mj2003

In my opinion Dr Umar’s fue results are top class, both body and scalp. If I was you I would not hesistate in getting scalp fue from Dr Umar, rather than the likes of Armani. This is based on my personal experience with him.

Enjoy:

To view VIDEO , please click the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hp_KANHVNI

For more videos of SFET results click: http://www.youtube.com/user/DrSUmar

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicle Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body

For a free online consultation: [link=Free Hair Restoration Online Consultation - DermHair Clinic Los Angeles]Free Hair Restoration Online Consultation - DermHair Clinic Los Angeles[/link

The problem with BHTs has never been the results. It’s the expectations.

Just look at your arm or leg. Those aren’t scalp hairs. They’re a way to dust the shine off a bald spot or soften a pluggy hairline at best.

A guy with 13,000 BHTs on his head is not an example of “wise use of BHTs.” He’s an example of horribly overtaxed scalp-graft HT coverage in the first place.

This case is an impressive save, not an impressive overall plan.

This repair wouldn’t be possible using strip technique or head-hair only FUE.

Some just prefer not to be bald or walk around scarred and disfigured from strip surgeries and other antiquated HT methods.

If these patients can afford the work and have a doc who is willing and ABLE to do the job, who suffers? It is an impressive “save” as in impressive repair work, IMO.

Listen to the patient in the video.
He’s extactic.

Looks like this patient achieved the “Colin Farrell” look using mostly beard hair. Wow.

I’ve never loved my thick beard so much as I do these days. Lol.

Ive got thousands of beard hair grafts to spare for density and many many more chest, arm and leg hair grafts “in the bank” for any other future needs.

Wookies unite!