Dr Umar patient "SO" 2 years later

The original transplant was very unnatural looking and would have been made worse by growingthe hair any longer. It was simply pluggy with widely spaced multihaired follicles dominating the hairline and frontal scalp. Not much coverage resulted from that transplant as the shorter hair cut indeed gives the illusion of less baldness(albeit at the expense of exposing the massive strip scars). Attempts to remedy the situation of poor density and strip scarring by tattooing (see pictures) were obviously futile. The fuzzy hair in between the plugs were all of little benefit coverage wise and were destined to fall in due course…a fate that did indeed befall the said follicles later on. While cycling may be something to consider in BHT, it is more the loss of pre-existing DHT sensitive vellous hair that was at play in this instance. The redness is something that would resolve over time. We can always medicate to hasten the process if it bothers the patient.

The aforementioned notwithstanding, his crown was empty and the massive scars needed to be addressed.

Although the hairline was selected by the patient, it suits him well and the large departure from the original design he came with helped to further enhance and consolidate the repair process. The trick was in actually designing an unconventionally larger widow’s peak and making it appear natural. The use of finer leg and nape hair in concert with other factors help make this possible, and the patient’s expectations were indeed met.

Finally outside of beard, nape and dwindling head donor, the only other donor resource of note was confined to finer caliber hair in his thighs and legs.

In the first work done, over 80% of the work done utilized the leg/thigh hair for donor. The entire hairline redesign was done exclusively with leg hair. Subsequent refinement was done with nape hair and subsequent surgery utilized beard hair to add more body to the overall coverage.

The yield in this patients is good. A lot of leg hair was used to replace the vellous hair that was destined to be lost, but this is hair that imparts a toppik-like effect which is more likely to remain by comparison.

The patient is exceedingly happy with the change to his life and has received many compliments from an unforgiving crowd as a result of this surgery. he plans for another procedure of about 3000 grafts to boost overall density and further cover the scar…He has indeed come a long way from needing to resort to tattoing and such.

For videos of SFET results click: http://www.youtube.com/user/DrSUmar

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicle Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body

For a free online consultation: Free Hair Restoration Online Consultation - DermHair Clinic Los Angeles

» Another “unbiased” opinion from the guy who wanted a free HT from Dr. U.
» in exchange for some web design.
» Will mouse and click for hair!
» Did any HT docs take you up on that generous offer?
» Lol.
» :smiley:
"Please refrain from making these unsubstantiated allegations in the forum. When making allegations of this nature, please back it up with proof. You agreed to the forum policy when signing up for the forum. Please comply with the forum posting etiquette."

Too bad this only applies to those that have not been compensated by Umar, or any doctor advertising here.

Aother unbiased moderator selling out. Time to say good by to another forum.

I totally agree - Speaking first on the hairline of SO = This result once again goes to show the effect of a refined hairline and a brave move by Dr Umar . The widows peak as shown here with a shorter cut is aesthetically a perfect fit/combination along with the removal of the recession in the temples and removes the effect of ‘hair loss’ .

My hair is also cut short but Dr Umar’s transformation of my hairline to a Norwood 0 and a small widow’s peak essentially rid myself of the ‘hair loss depression/anxiety’ . The hairline is a very powerful pshchological as well as physical enhancement.

Filling of the scars speaks for itself. SO’s severely scarerd donor area from strip reminds me of my own experience and if you havent lived with this scarring especially with short hair you can never understand the feeling of having it restored to a natural state.

I would have to question anyone’s judgement who doesnt feel this is an excellent result . This patient has obviously determined his expectations and is working towards further improving an already outstanding improvement. GOod for you SO .

17,000 body hair and 2,000 scalp hair grafts by Dr Umar

»
»
» 17,000 body hair and 2,000 scalp hair grafts by Dr Umar

Holy crap. I hope you’re a walking chia pet.

A common misconception of the use and result with body hair. My hair looks very normal and fits well for my desire to cut to a shorter style

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-35890.html

19,000 gtafts total by Dr Umar

Hi scarred1,

Please understand where I am coming from.
I too am scarred from multiple strip procedures.

If I worked for Dr. Umar, I’d proudly say so in my signature, full-face video and journal.

IMO, being a “cheerleader” is different than having an axe to grind and trying to harm a clinic’s reputation. As a happy patient, I’ve accepted the label of “cheerleader”. I freely admit I am very grateful to Dr. U. for my repair and supportive of his pioneering work in the HT field. Not to mention his ethics, integrity, thoughtfulness and going above and beyond expectations time and time again.

I don’t present an “illusion of impartiality” on the forums and attempt to harm competing clinics as some posters do in an attempt to gain favors. If I ever do engage in that type of destructive behavior, please call me on it. The only clinics that deserve harsh treatment are the butchers, and yes, there are still some out there. Dr. U. repairs their work day in and day out.

I simply express my support for the doc who restored my hair confidence using about 1000 grafts at a fair price and sometimes defend his reputation from posters with an agenda to do harm to an honorable man’s practice.

My clinic of choice is clear.
This is no secret.

Ciao.
:smiley:

I think all the patients I’ve seen that get a large body fue transplant and into their hairline, they wind up keeping their hair very short. Is this a misconception?

» A common misconception of the use and result with body hair. My hair looks
» very normal and fits well for my desire to cut to a shorter style
»
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-35890.html
»
»
» 19,000 gtafts total by Dr Umar

» » Another “unbiased” opinion from the guy who wanted a free HT from Dr. U.
»
» » in exchange for some web design.
» » Will mouse and click for hair!
» » Did any HT docs take you up on that generous offer?
» » Lol.
» » :smiley:
»
» I never asked for a free HT in exchange for web design…and yes, I have
» made an agreement with a another doc.
»
» Ironic you use the term “unbiased” since you are completely biased.

Who is the other doctor you made an agreement with?

» True enough. Lol.
» I am somewhat biased based on my personal experience with the clinic and
» great result.
» Seems to me, you do have a little ax grinding here though.
»
» This isn’t a run of the mill, virgin headed HT case.
» This is a repair case using mostly BHT.
» And, it’s over two years later.
» How many of these long term BHT followups have been posted by other
» clinics these days?
»
» There is a lot of body hair growing in between those larger grafts
» softening the overall look of the whole HT. IMO, this makes the work seem
» more subtle.
»
» Plus there is the growth in the large strip scars, a reshaped hairline,
» lowered temples and a widows peak that is obviously new growth.
»
» Considering body hair is not equal to head-hair regarding coverage, IMO,
» the growth is excellent. The result is soft and natural looking, not harsh
» with a straight hairline. Before, I’d spot it as an HT quickly. Not so
» anymore. Goal achieved, IMO.
»
» Anyway, which HT clinic are you doing web design for Trans?
»
» How many grafts do you plan on getting?
»
» Strip or FUE?
»
» Do tell.
» :smiley:

I’ve posted that your result looks great and other Umar patients. I don’t have an axe to grind. I said my peace and I’m not dwelling on it (notice it hasn’t really been discussed here).

In this case, I see the new growth and your points, I just don’t like the hairline, it looks unnatural IMO…a bit too aggressive. I don’t know why he needed to lower his hairline, but to each his own. And it seems a bit thin for 13k grafts. Just stating my opinion. I still think Dr. Umar does good work.

I cannot disclose certain details, but I can say I’m getting ~2k FUE in the frontal third in my first session. I will be happy if I can achieve SO’s before result (without the scars of course).

Thanks for the kind words about my results.

My last point regarding the number of grafts is that a body hair graft isn’t equal to a head-hair graft for obvious reasons; diameter, length, number of hairs per FU, etc.

Regarding your arrangement with the unnamed clinic, I guess we’ll all just have to wonder what clinic you are now affiliated with when you post.

Hopefully in the name of transparency you will reveal the clinic so as not to present an illusion of impartially when “critiquing” other doctors’ work.

We know it’s a FUE clinic.
That narrows things down.
Do you plan on posting your before, post-op and after pics (or a video)?

The mystery continues.

Happy growing nonetheless.

Hi mj,

It all depends what you mean by “very short”.
But no, a pure body hair transplant probably won’t grow below the collar. Lol.

Below are two extreme repair cases using mostly BHT.
Notice the hair isn’t buzzed down or extremely short in either case.
IMO, it’s all about the doctor’s donor management.
As in, where to put what type of hair and at what ratio.

Mostly BHT/beard hair, extreme repair:

ALL non-head hair donor, extreme repair (2000 beard, 10,000 body):

IMO, these are the best extreme repair results I’ve ever seen on video or otherwise.
If that makes me a “cheerleader”, so be it.
These guys “got their lives back”.

Here is a less extreme repair case using a lot of beardhair:

And finally using 1000 BHT grafts to soften and reshape a pluggy hairline (my case):

Look, BHT isn’t for everyone.

Obviously, body hair won’t usually grow very long and isn’t usually as thick as head-hair, therefore requiring more grafts for cosmetic coverage (if the clinic can even perform the procedure, lol). Heck, some folks don’t have much body (or beard) hair to speak of at all. Needless to say, they won’t benefit form BHT regardless.

However, beard hair (for many men) will grow long and sometimes stronger than head-hair.
I’m looking forward to someday filling in my strip scars with beard hair. Absolutely.

Look, if you have fine, thin, straight, head hair and try to transplant the whole NW6 area with thick, wiry, curly body hair, the result might not be… ideal. Lol.

However for folks with wavy, wiry or curly head-hair and similar quality body hair (and beard hair) in abundance, well… his donor supply is greatly increased (with the right doc)!

But yes, it makes sense to me that a pure body hair transplant most likely won’t grow out more than an inch or two. Beard hair is another story though.

But, using different ratios of head-hair donor mixed with body and beard hair depending on the area treated, might just allow for some longer hairstyle options.

IMO, this is another area where Dr. U. excels.
Donor management.

The first thing a HTP must be is undetectable.U could spot this HTP 10 miles away! It is obvious that this guy has had work done,very obvious.I would hate to see what this monstrosity looks like in daylight.If you have the guts to walk around with this result I can’t understand why you didn’t get a birds nest wig,at least you would have had density.

These photos prove beyond any reasonable doubt that a HTP cannot provide natural & sufficient hair coverage.I find photos like these very depressing because it only proves that I have no hope of ever getting my life back. These results are even more depressing than the constant failed attempts at HM.

Also,have you guys noticed that every time a doc posts a result,a bunch of former patients/cheerleaders come out of the closet to back pat their doc & hype/sell the results? Pathetic!

The worst part of it is, people see these results yet STILL think that they will get density/adequate hair coverage from a HTP. Laughable !

Notorious,

You may not like this particular result, that’s fine.
But remember, this is a REPAIR case with massive strip scarring and plugginess to address.

Hair-junkies like us can probably spot any HT “10 miles away”.
We aren’t the norm, IMO.

How about we focus our anger at the butchers, not the good docs that do their best to fix botched work day in and day out? Dr. U. takes on repair cases that other clinics won’t (or can’t) touch using traditional HT methods and gets great results, IMO.

There are many great looking HT’s out there from Dr. U. and some other clinics as well.
But expectations vary from patient to patient and results to observers are subjective.

If you are ever in LA, come see my result first hand.

It might restore some hope for you regarding the possibilities of HT.

Best of luck to you.

» The first thing a HTP must be is undetectable.U could spot this HTP 10
» miles away! It is obvious that this guy has had work done,very obvious.I
» would hate to see what this monstrosity looks like in daylight.If you have
» the guts to walk around with this result I can’t understand why you didn’t
» get a birds nest wig,at least you would have had density.
»
» These photos prove beyond any reasonable doubt that a HTP cannot provide
» natural & sufficient hair coverage.I find photos like these very depressing
» because it only proves that I have no hope of ever getting my life back.
» These results are even more depressing than the constant failed attempts at
» HM.
»
» Also,have you guys noticed that every time a doc posts a result,a bunch of
» former patients/cheerleaders come out of the closet to back pat their doc &
» hype/sell the results? Pathetic!
»
» The worst part of it is, people see these results yet STILL think that
» they will get density/adequate hair coverage from a HTP. Laughable !

What’s your story? This is a repair, you are not being realistic if you want hair like you had when you were a teenager, that’s just not possible.

» Thanks for the kind words about my results.
»
» My last point regarding the number of grafts is that a body hair graft
» isn’t equal to a head-hair graft for obvious reasons; diameter, length,
» number of hairs per FU, etc.
»
» Regarding your arrangement with the unnamed clinic, I guess we’ll all just
» have to wonder what clinic you are now affiliated with when you post.
»
» Hopefully in the name of transparency you will reveal the clinic so as not
» to present an illusion of impartially when “critiquing” other doctors’
» work.
»
» We know it’s a FUE clinic.
» That narrows things down.
» Do you plan on posting your before, post-op and after pics (or a video)?
»
» The mystery continues.
»
» Happy growing nonetheless.

I understand body hair characteristics are different than head hair. This guy had 4500 head hair grafts prior + 13000 = 17500 grafts. Close to heliboy in graft count, but the end result isn’t even close to heliboy, who has an awesome result. I’m guessing the reason is this guy’s body hair characteristics are not as good as heliboy.

If I give multiple positive remarks and one negative about Dr. Umar’s work, how do I come across as impartial? If anything, it comes across as impartial toward him, but that is not the case either. I’m an honest guy and I’m just giving my honest opinion here. I just looked on the old thread and some others remarked on how they didn’t like the hairline…so it’s not just me being impartial.

Regarding the other clinic, our agreement is not normal business practice (as with any clinic), so they want to keep things confidential, for obvious reasons, and I agreed to such. So for that reason, sorry, I won’t be posting pics. But if you see me cheerleading for a certain clinic, and obviously biased toward them, like you are with Dr. Umar…well then, you will have put the puzzle together…but alas, that will never happen, because that is not who I am.

Good luck with your “secret agreement”. Sigh.

How you can, in good conscience, continue to be an “HT critic” under those… mysterious circumstances… makes little sense to me.

I would never consider belonging to an HT forum as a patient and not reveal who my doctor is while disparaging honest, clinics or “promoting” others. It appears… insincere (at best), IMO, good intentions or not.

Can you imagine what would happen here if I didn’t reveal who my doc is?
Or never posted my journal, pics and video? Lol.
I’d be understandably flamed.
Heck, I have full-face pics, full-face video, case history, am available to meet and I still get flack here sometimes. Lol.

IMO, you should consider recusing yourself from the forums until you can be more transparent about your case and doctor.

Will you continue to have this as your signature?
"TheTransporter is located in [NA] and he is available to meet: NO"
This doesn’t help your credibility either, IMO.

Again, I’m available to meet with posters and am located in Los Angeles, CA.

Happy growing anyway, mystery man.

» I would never consider belonging to an HT forum as a patient and not
» reveal who my doctor is while disparaging honest, clinics or “promoting”
» others. It appears… insincere (at best), IMO, good intentions or not.

I don’t and won’t belong as a patient, or have any bias. Just like others here who aren’t patients, or are patients, but aren’t cheerleaders for their doc, and still make unbiased comments. Why would someone flame me? I’m not going to say I got a great result and my doc is the best. If I’m satisfied with my result I’ll be gone for good and out of your hair (pun intended).

If anyone should leave the forums it should be you. What are you doing here? There is no reason for you to be here. You have a full head of hair. You posted your pics. You did your due diligence. Now go live life with your full head of hair.

I live in Michigan. If you wanna come up here the temp right now is 10 degrees. I’m sure your head will be warmer than mine. :slight_smile:

Btw, Mel Gibson called from 1987 and wants his hair style back. LOL! Take that is a complement…I’m just jealous.

Lol. Relax, tough guy.
If Mel Gibson wasn’t such an ass, I would feel complimented. Lol.
But I’ve been called worse.

Just for fun…

Here is Mel before his HT (and before he lost his mind):

Here is Mel’s strip scar (one of the few things we have in common):

Having gone through 16 strips, one BHT test and a 1000 graft BHT procedure, IMO, I have something to offer this community. I had my first HT in 1992 at 23.

I’m not saying you should leave the forum, just be honest and open about who your doc is and post some pics (face blurred, if necessary).

If this is what you are resorting to… posting a picture of me with my son to poke fun at my hair, so be it.

Here are some more for your scrapbook.

My current look:

My strip HT hairline before repair:

And my “fixed hairline” by Dr. Umar:

Check out the video too… Woo hoo!

You are the mystery man who won’t post any pics or reveal his new doctor’s name.

Come out from hiding behind that keyboard and show us your mug and hairstyle! Lol!
Let me guess… faux hawk? No hawk? I guess we’ll never know.

TheTransporter, the unknown HT critic:

FYI, it was 80 degrees and sunny here today.
I’ll pass on the invite to the great state of Michigan this month.
But thanks anyway.

It was a joke man. It wasn’t meant to offend. I noticed the similarity in that specific photo of you (you have to see the resemblence). I wish my hair looked like that…seriously. Matthew Mcconaughey sports a similar do.

I did post pics here, and two other forums. You posted on the thread in the other forum that had my pics, so you know what hairstyle I have…none. Feel free to put an image here of mine and make fun. I have a sense of humor.

The agreement is to remain confidential. I’m not going to sabotage this deal just so you can find me credible.

I have no intention of making fun of anyone’s hair.

Do you post under a different screen name on another forum by chance?

But no offense taken.
As I said, I’ve been called worse. Lol.

I wouldn’t want you to sabotage the deal.

But maybe explain to the doctor that you are an active member of an HT forum community and posting about your case would make you more… accessible to the members (and readers) and hopefully benefit the clinic as well.

Just an idea.

We will just have to agree to disagree about the notion of posting on these forums as a patient without revealing the clinic that did the work and the audacity of critiquing clinics without posting pics of your own case.

I’m sure if your results are good, the clinic won’t mind you posting about your case.
Take lots of pics and video assuming the best.

Best of luck.

This time next year, you too may very well sport a dated, 80s hairstyle!
:wink: