Dr Umar Patient KF, NW6, 15,473 SFET grafts -5 Months

» That’s exactly what I’m doing this summer; I’m getting beard hair into my
» scars from Dr. Umar. I’m taking off two weeks just to be safe. You’ll
» probably feel better taking that much time. That way you won’t feel as
» though you need to put on coverup or anything.

Exactly. I don’t want to have to explain anything when I return to work. When I had my strip, 2 weeks were barely enough. I still had scabs on my head when I went back to work. I want to plan this properly this time around.

Are you only getting beard hair into your scar or will you be doing more?

I’m doing the scar and then some temple work with whatever is leftover. I’m using beard and scalp. Depending how it goes I can take the whole summer off if I want because I’m a teacher. That’s why I usually have procedures in the summer. No worries about explanations.

» That’s exactly what I’m doing this summer; I’m getting beard hair into my
» scars from Dr. Umar. I’m taking off two weeks just to be safe. You’ll
» probably feel better taking that much time. That way you won’t feel as
» though you need to put on coverup or anything.

Donor site heal incredibly fast. Way faster than chest, leg or forearm. Just be careful and stay out of the sun while healing.

» The body hair characteristics of KF are of average quality.

Are you saying that donor quality is irrelevant for KF? Obviously KF has good growth, this kind of contradicts your observation about his donor quality.

» » The body hair characteristics of KF are of average quality.
»
» Are you saying that donor quality is irrelevant for KF? Obviously KF has
» good growth, this kind of contradicts your observation about his donor
» quality.

John P,

It means that taken in the context of the typical pool of patients living in the United States that consult me (Caucasians of Northern/West European descent) , the body hair characteristics of KF is middle of the road. Such body hair (Average) is suitable for BHT using the SFET protocol.

Some patients have above average body hair characteristics (better) than that seen in KF. From our patient pool, we find that on the average such great body hair qualities occur most commonly amongst patients with ancestral ties to Southern Europe, the Middle East and Indian subcontinent. Patients of Native / Meso American and Far Eastern descent (China, Japan, Korea etc) typically have below average body hair quality and/or quantity.

Quality is interpreted in terms of hair characteristics that are useful in determining suitability for BHT.

Regards

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com