Dr. Umar - patient Dex: hairline + strip scar repair, 8 months

Update on DEX who is being repaired for ridging, plugs and strip scars.

Some past threads:
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=12&topic_id=34013&mesg_id=34013&listing_type=search

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=12&topic_id=34013&mesg_id=34013&listing_type=search

He is 8 months out of last surgery

Left hairline - BEFORE - not shaved

Before & After - hairline repair

Before & After - hairline repair

LEFT SIDE - before and after

LEFT side, hairline close up, AFTER

STRIP scar - BEFORE

STRIP scar AFTER armpit and pubic hair

Immediately post op - AFTER extraction of plugs and implantation of body hair

Can you ask Dr Umar to provide photos of the guys armpits? I would love to see if there are any white dots or visible scarring.

Will do…

Surely this result needs a bit of explaination. Is the after pic shaved down. What advantage has the patient had from the procedure.

» Surely this result needs a bit of explaination. Is the after pic shaved
» down. What advantage has the patient had from the procedure.

I agree, am I missing something but where is the improvement?

Damon,

Here is an pic of my right armpit that was taken about 2 weeks post-op. It was still a bit red back then. I believe Dr. Umar took about 100 FUs from that location. There is no visible scarring today. Armpits look untouched.

» Surely this result needs a bit of explaination. Is the after pic shaved
» down. What advantage has the patient had from the procedure.

Marco and Roadrunner,

The pics aren’t well illustrated and a bit dated. Let me fill you in.

For the last 18 months, my goals have been:

1 - Remove as many unsightly plugs as possible. My 90’s era procedures were very poorly done. Nearly all the plugs were misdirected. Straight in the air, even slightly backwards, and densely packed to boot. Safe to say, I was victimized like many here have been.

2 - Minimize ridging. As you can see from pic 1 (prior to procedure with Dr. Umar), the ridging was quite pronounced and discolored.

3 - Get coverage in the strip scar.

4 - Hairline reconstruction (strictly bonus). I’d convinced myself that the damage to my scalp was so severe, this goal might never happen. I would have been relatively content to accomplishing 1, 2, and 3.

After 3 procedures with Dr. Umar, I think we may be close to #4. I’ll consult with Dr. Umar in the next 2 or 3 months to gauge where we are in the process.

Let me explain the pics:

Pic 1 - Unshaven hairline before procedure 1 with Dr. Umar
Pics 2/3 - Shaven hairline before procedure 1/Shaven hairline before procedure 3
Pics 4/5 - Ditto
Pics 6/7 - Ditto
Pic 8 - Left hairline before procedure 3
Pic 9 - Strip scar before procedure 1
Pic 10 - Strip scar immediately following procedure 3 (Two weeks ago)
Pic 11 - That bloody mess is me after procedure 3 (more plug removal plus stitches in the hairline to reduce ridging.

Now the scabs have fallen, the stitches are gone as is the swelling. I’d like to post pics, but don’t have my camera with me right now.

For the last 18 months, my scalp has basically been one big reconstruction process. Absolutely had to go backwards and undo mistakes made by other docs before moving forward. It was the only option (other than do nothing). Deconstruction has been a long process and I give so much credit to Dr. Umar for taking on an extremely difficult case like mine and giving hope where there was none. Soon this process will come to an end. My hair and scalp will actually look normal. I hoped it, but would not have believed it 18 months ago.

I will post pics in several weeks that illustrate my progress after procedure 3.

Peace all,

Dex

Dex’s result of repair work has gone well. His hairline was densely packed with pluggy grafts with severe ridging. The challenge has been removing the plugs without causing a large continuos wound.

After 2 sessions, the ridging is much improved and the pluggy hairline a lot softer since a majority of the plugs have been removed.

Last month, Dex underwent his final deplugging session. The next procedure would see the implantation of head hair to create a more realistic feathered hairline which should conceal all vestiges of ridging. Time allowing, I shall post some pics from his last surgery as well.

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
NEW WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com

Thank you for providing me with a LARGE & CLEAR photo of your donor area. Thank you for not trying to insult my intelligence & the integrity of this board (what integrity is left) by hiding your donor area behind elaborate, small studio photos which reek of deception.

Thank you for your commentary as well,it’s always good to hear a patients own words. All the best dex.

I still can’t understand how some docs can be so admittedly against the use of armpit hairs while others use it with no apparent problem. It’s very confusing for someone doing research on this matter. Anyway…

» Dex’s result of repair work has gone well. His hairline was densely packed
» with pluggy grafts with severe ridging. The challenge has been removing
» the plugs without causing a large continuos wound.
»
» After 2 sessions, the ridging is much improved and the pluggy hairline a
» lot softer since a majority of the plugs have been removed.
»
» Last month, Dex underwent his final deplugging session. The next procedure
» would see the implantation of head hair to create a more realistic
» feathered hairline which should conceal all vestiges of ridging. Time
» allowing, I shall post some pics from his last surgery as well.

so theres not grown out results of the after photos?

»
»
» S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
» DermHair Clinic
» Redondo Beach, California
» +1-310-318-1500
» 1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
» info@dermhairclinic.com
» NEW WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
» Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
» Using Head and Body hair
»
» For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com