DR. Scott Boden 1 of only 150 board cert

Very few Doctors have his title board certified only 150 in the world.
Why isnt he on here. Do you have to
pay to be on hairsite? Any reviews of this doctor?

Hair restoration in CT is his business www.hairtransplantct.com

Really? only 150 in the US? I seem to see the term “board certified” all the time especially with plastic surgeons.

What board do you speak of?

In the US, there is no legitimate “board” to be certified on. There is the ABHRS but the ABMS (American Board of Medical Specialties) does not recognize hair restoration as a legitimate specialty.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by JoeTillman[/postedby]
What board do you speak of?

In the US, there is no legitimate “board” to be certified on. There is the ABHRS but the ABMS (American Board of Medical Specialties) does not recognize hair restoration as a legitimate specialty.[/quote]

These two were listed on his website,

Diplomate and Fellow of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
Diplomate and Fellow of the American Board of Family Medicine

Does it really make that big a difference to be board certified?

I just took a walk down our hallway leading to the surgery area. Dr. Cole has about every board certification I’m aware of and you know what?.. They would be meaningless if he couldn’t do a decent transplant.

I remember years ago when I worked in video production. We hired an intern who just graduated with a 4 year degree from one of the top media/film production colleges. The first thing we asked her to do was edit a video from raw footage. She gave me a blank stare and gave it a shot. When I saw what she put together several days later, I wondered what she learned in college. Her lack of real-world aptitude put her diploma in perspective.

The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Thanks guys… I do realise that experience and artistic ability probably
contribute to the main factor, but would you rather go with a Guy that
produced excellent results or go with a doctor that does “ok” work and has
certification.

I have saw the above doctor mentioned from another website that bosted such claims. His
work seems ok. Oddly enough the ones with the most artistic abilities on hairsite
are the ones that have always received the worst from critics. Some dont boast any
affiliations anymore.

Crazy as it may be… from my last post doctor bret bolton proclaimed
he was god and got his work suspended. Oddly enough this doctor probably
did better strip surgery than Hasson @ Wong www.greathairtransplants.com
Do you get HT strip from this guy? or from bosley? lol id go with god i guess

FYI, the only thing you get from Bosley is overcharged. The prices are invariably higher than the better & lesser-known clinics. The quality of their strip work is a roll of the dice and they don’t do FUE work. Going to Bosley is a noob mistake in the world of HTs that can cost you dearly.

There is no surefire way to find out what is a good doc or a bad one, not in a short time anyway. You need to spend at least 6 months researching the HT decision. Over a year would be better. There are a lot of online HT forums that seem legit but they are carefully sold-out to certain clinics. People who complain of bad work have their membership & posts inexplicably “disappeared” and paid shills work hard to influence people’s opinions.

The best way to protect yourself is do a lot of different kinds of research. See HTs in person. Don’t trust any one single source of info.

And remember, you probably won’t be a best-case-result. You will probably be an average one. Shop with that in mind. Any clinic can produce a few stellar results after doing hundreds of surgeries but what are the odds? These clinics are only advertising with pics of their best-case results for the most part. A consistently decent clinic is more likely to do good work for you than a clinic with a few “wows” and many other weak results you never see.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]

The best way to protect yourself is do a lot of different kinds of research. See HTs in person. Don’t trust any one single source of info.

[/quote]

Bingo cal, you win first prize :slight_smile: - most certification in the HT jungle isn’t worth a damn - research is the key.