Dr Rogers Hairline transplant in 1997

These are pictures of my hairline transplanted by Dr rogers at wellesbourne in 1997 using ‘state of the art mini and micro grafts’, it looks pluggy, im not sure if thats apparent from the pics.
Sorry about the quality , the best i can do with my old camera,

» These are pictures of my hairline transplanted by Dr rogers at wellesbourne
» in 1997 using ‘state of the art mini and micro grafts’, it looks pluggy, im
» not sure if thats apparent from the pics.
» Sorry about the quality , the best i can do with my old camera,
»
»
»

I’ve seen hair lines like this before. Its not terrible, but it is a little pluggy.

The two options for repair are to:
Take out the plugs, divide them, and redistribute them.
Place more hair into the hair line in front of the plugs to keep their density, but disguise them.

How’s your donor looking?

» I’ve seen hair lines like this before. Its not terrible, but it is a
» little pluggy.
»
» The two options for repair are to:
» Take out the plugs, divide them, and redistribute them.
» Place more hair into the hair line in front of the plugs to keep their
» density, but disguise them.
»
» How’s your donor looking?

Hi jessica, your right its not terrible compared to what i have seen on these forums, but it isnt that good either. i have a 10cm by 5-8 mm scar. my donor is fairly thick i have wavy hair so this helps.

I am going to see Dr cole in june for 2800 fit grafts, some into the scar the rest to sort the hairline, thicken the front 3rd. hopefully plant 1 hair grafts in front of the existing hairline to about 1cm depth to soften it.

I think the mini and micro grafts will be fairly well hidden by planting around them.

You are going to the right place. :wink:

» You are going to the right place. :wink:

I hope so, the thing is if i had only started losing hair now at 30, i would not bother with all this transplant crap, just cut it short and forget about it! oh well to late for that now.

» » You are going to the right place. :wink:
»
» I hope so, the thing is if i had only started losing hair now at 30, i
» would not bother with all this transplant crap, just cut it short and
» forget about it! oh well to late for that now.

haggis,

totally agree, if i could go back i’d just shave it all off and live life. like you however, i have a massive donor scar courtesy of dr rogers and am also looking to go to see Dr Cole.

maybe we could contact each other to chat as we are both in the same boat. i will be in the UK soon.

cheers, col.

» haggis,
»
» totally agree, if i could go back i’d just shave it all off and live life.
» like you however, i have a massive donor scar courtesy of dr rogers and am
» also looking to go to see Dr Cole.
»
» maybe we could contact each other to chat as we are both in the same boat.
» i will be in the UK soon.
»
» cheers, col.

hello col, fortunately i dont have massive donor scaring, it seems quite minor COMPARED to what ive seen on various forums, i had 2 HT’s with rogers:hungry: , the first one i had it was virtually impossible to find the scar! i think this was because of my thick donor, the second HT though its easy to find, but i can cut my hair to grade 6 and you cant see it. but it still bothers me, so hopefully dr cole can put some fue’s in and hopefully they will grow:yes: also i hope dr cole will be able to sort out the rogers ‘hairline’

I have never shaved my head so im not sure what the scar will look like, i will try to get some pictures when i go to dr cole’s

col what year did you go to rogers? i went in 1997 when i was only just 20 years old he should of turned me away, but i think that he and his saleman buddy mr barnes were more interested in the £££, i later learned that he had only been doing hair transplants for about 5 minutes when i went there.
I didnt have the internet then so i didnt know about other HT dr’s.

When are you going to dr cole?

» » haggis,
» »
» » totally agree, if i could go back i’d just shave it all off and live
» life.
» » like you however, i have a massive donor scar courtesy of dr rogers and
» am
» » also looking to go to see Dr Cole.
» »
» » maybe we could contact each other to chat as we are both in the same
» boat.
» » i will be in the UK soon.
» »
» » cheers, col.
»
» hello col, fortunately i dont have massive donor scaring, it seems quite
» minor COMPARED to what ive seen on various forums, i had 2 HT’s with
» rogers:hungry: , the first one i had it was virtually impossible to find
» the scar! i think this was because of my thick donor, the second HT though
» its easy to find, but i can cut my hair to grade 6 and you cant see it. but
» it still bothers me, so hopefully dr cole can put some fue’s in and
» hopefully they will grow:yes: also i hope dr cole will be able to sort out
» the rogers ‘hairline’
»
» I have never shaved my head so im not sure what the scar will look like, i
» will try to get some pictures when i go to dr cole’s
»
» col what year did you go to rogers? i went in 1997 when i was only just
» 20 years old he should of turned me away, but i think that he and
» his saleman buddy mr barnes were more interested in the £££, i later
» learned that he had only been doing hair transplants for about 5 minutes
» when i went there.
» I didnt have the internet then so i didnt know about other HT dr’s.
»
» When are you going to dr cole?

Most hair transplants looked terrible in 1997, this isnt any worse than a lot of stuff your going to see from back then.

» Most hair transplants looked terrible in 1997, this isnt any worse than a
» lot of stuff your going to see from back then.

was this the best i could expect in 1997 ?

My rogers grafts shaved, outlined in red :frowning:

Dr Rogers @ Aug 3 2007, 11:03 PM)

Haggis,
I am sorry that you’re not happy with your result, but as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I shall add mine. I believe I have already answered this topic on other forums you have posted on and previously invited you for review and improvement - a scar revision initially then possibly hair transplantation into the scar. Obviously, FOC. However, you have decided not to take that route.

Please dont make things up, it only damages your reputation further. You have never answered this topic on other forums, and you have never invited me for a review or scar revision, i can provide links to the other forums i have posted this picture on, for other posters to see for themselves

I am assuming you are a genuine patient - ten/eleven years is a long time ago and I do not recall performing surgery on anybody of that age. Unfortunately, I have also been subject to a “fake” patient and campaign against me, amongst other things - it’s not just people like Spex who’ve suffered this. I’m sorry if
I’m a bit suspicious.

Nice try to discredit my story, but anyway yes im a genuine patient, and yes it was you who performed the 2 HT surgeries when i was 19 and 20 respectively, its not the kind of thing you forget about,

I am also assuming that I was the surgeon - Wellesbourne/Steven Barnes did employ others, although the paperwork might have said it would be me. This still occurs now: contrary to certain adverts, I was the doctor who performed hair transplantation for Francis Rossi and the clinic or limited company at which it was performed, no longer exists - it went bust three years ago.

Yes you were most definetly the surgeon on both HT’s i had with you, to be fair to you the first strip scar that you perfomed healed ok, and was hard to find but it was for only 300 grafts, Im not sure what went wrong with the second one?

As has been noted, you would clearly be one of my early patients - I can only apologise and make a few points:

Unfortunately, everyone in life learns by experience - nobody is born an expert and indeed,

Ok, so your saying its standard practice to experiment on patients who come to you believing that you are competent to carry out professional work ?

cutting edge technology today becomes tomorrows old fashioned ideas very quickly. I assume you are not still driving the same car as you did ten years ago?

At least I quickly changed the sutures, which was the main source of your poor scar - it wasn’t in fact lack of suturing skill.

The first scar was fine, the second one was terrible, i would say it was a lack of suturing skill

As for the low density you have pointed out - undoubtedly, it is lower than the density which you can see performed by Dr Cole recently. It is an interesting side by side comparison however, that it is probably half as dense. As pointed out by others on alternative forums to this, it is as good as anyone was performing then.

After all, 18 year old men are legally adults - your head -your choice? Haggis, should you have been protected from your own decision? Would that have convinced you at the age of 19?

If i had of known that you had only been performing HT’s for 5 mins my decision to go ahead with the HT would have been different

And there seem to be an awful lot of patients on all these forum sites, making wild claims about their HT docs.

I am making no ‘wild claims’ just simply stating facts and showing potential patients an example of your poor work.

ha ha…

I must laugh at this british M.D.

Typical ‘male’ reply!

Leavitt the BUTCHER did my 220 minis in 90/91 at the age of 23/24 with a typical salesman PIMP that bragged to me about his income.

F… these silly little men in white coats…

note: revision–quite spectacular (final revision) by D.O. Dr. Feller…

I weep for these money men in their personal lives.

Contemptuously…

N’RC4’V’R:angry:

haggis,

I think your hairline looks okay – in that me walking down the street would not think of it as plugs, just thinning a la MPB. But you’re right to be angry about (a) lack of density, (b) scarrring from the strip (i think this will be seen as an outdated barbaric surgery in 10 years – like “scalp reuction”), © mr. rogers’ apparent lack of experience in 1997, (d) his apparent willingness to work on you at the age of 19/20 (a moral failure on his part, no doubt).

cheers,
BB

This thread smells of shady ghost posters… The kind that leans towards a certain doctor that was mentioned 10 times in this thread… Hmmm.

» This thread smells of shady ghost posters… The kind that leans towards a
» certain doctor that was mentioned 10 times in this thread… Hmmm.

what do you mean??