Dr. Robert Bernstein Provides His Thoughts on ACell Matristem

http://www.iahrs.org/news/dr-robert-bernstein-provides-thoughts-acell-matristem/

» http://www.iahrs.org/news/dr-robert-bernstein-provides-thoughts-acell-matristem/

Nice interview but Kobren is dancing around the important things :slight_smile:

But to make things short "Bernstein Appoves and he talks indirect about “transection” "
And you guys know who is doing “transaction”? yeah you are right he lives in amsterdam :slight_smile:

If i were a Hair transplant doc i would put a lot of effort in reasearch RIGHT Now

This interview is short but it gives away one thing ITS A GAME CHANGER… in a very drastic way

Leeroy you think (I ask to you because I think you will be objective and you know better than me the “state of the art” at the moment) that in the next year (2011) we could have an HT FUE without losing our donor with this technique? I mean, an HT done by many docs in the world and not only cooley/hitzik, and maybe as a standard procedure and not experiments

I want just understand how many years we are far from the standardization of this procedure

» http://www.iahrs.org/news/dr-robert-bernstein-provides-thoughts-acell-matristem/

1. There’s that concern again, about whether the growth from plucked hairs + Acell might result in a hybrid follicle, one that might still be susceptible to DHT and so, to androgenetic alopecia.

ENOUGH with that! So take Propecia, which you should be taking anyway because you will otherwise continue to lose hair the rest of your life.

1. There were a few things Bernstein said that seem to ignore some things that Cooley said.

One such was that business about plucked hairs + Acell only resulting in a new follicle, not in new associated structures like sebaceous glands and adductor (i think they’re called) muscles.

I remember Cooley saying, at least for some of his results, that new sebaceous glands also grew, and Cooley showed pictures of this growth in cross section.

And Bernstein said that plucked hairs + Acell grows individual hairs, not follicular groups.

But Cooley showed more than one photograph of two or three or more new hairs growing beside the dead stubble from the insertion of plucked hairs + Acell.

1. NONETHELESS, for Bernstein not to pooh-pooh this, is awesome. Because he’s always been so negative of any kind of HM that might render his practice of strip transplants obsolete.

Even in this talk, though, he suggests the use of plucked hairs + Acell to augment his strip transplants and to improve scar healing.

But again, anything positive from him is very surprising.

So, this bodes well for plucked hairs + Acell:-P

Exactly :slight_smile: i think he knows what the future holds for the ht industry and i think i heard him say that they are gonna investigate this :slight_smile:

He is smart i hav to give him that ^^

@biston : all i can say is that in 2011 we can all witness a dramatic turning point for our favor in the whole MPB thing thats for sure.

If i had to guess i would say in 2013 there will be marketable solutions in vitro and in vivo.

Will they be satisfying?

Yes because in the worst case all those HM things will only save grafts, which you can now use to improve your worst areas.

Lets say someone has merely 2500 grafts reserves left but he needs at least 4600 then his option will be using HM to fill in the most blank areas or whatsoever and uses his last grafts for additional density.

I cant say for sure how effective Hm will work in your frontal area, but in the worst case scenario you have to get yourself a traditional FUE

MPB can have drastical impacts on your life but at drastical as it is, it can be fought and can be defeated cause to every "Desease (sorry for using this word i know its bad) there is a vaccine.

In the case of MPB its at leats a combination of traditional and regenerative (at least in the first generation)

Iam only optimistic, not because Ari and Histogen and others gave some infos. Nooooo iam optimistic because i see traditional hair docs moving and telling crazy stuff :slight_smile:

And this was always been an indicator for good things to come ^^

Cooley can create several-hair FUs just by implanting several plucked hairs together. He posted a result in his presentation. He biopsied the follicle horizontally to see the result.
So, if the hairs are durable, this would be amazing.

» »
»
» 1) There’s that concern again, about whether the growth from plucked
» hairs + Acell might result in a hybrid follicle, one that might still be
» susceptible to DHT
and so, to androgenetic alopecia.
»
» ENOUGH with that! So take Propecia, which you should be
» taking anyway
because you will otherwise continue to lose hair the rest
» of your life.
»
» 2) There were a few things Bernstein said that seem to ignore some things
» that Cooley said.
»
» One such was that business about plucked hairs + Acell only resulting in a
» new follicle, not in new associated structures like sebaceous glands and
» adductor (i think they’re called) muscles.
»
» I remember Cooley saying, at least for some of his results, that new
» sebaceous glands also grew, and Cooley showed pictures of this growth in
» cross section.
»
» And Bernstein said that plucked hairs + Acell grows individual hairs, not
» follicular groups.
»
» But Cooley showed more than one photograph of two or three or more new
» hairs growing beside the dead stubble from the insertion of plucked hairs +
» Acell.
»
» 4) NONETHELESS, for Bernstein not to pooh-pooh this, is awesome. Because
» he’s always been so negative of any kind of HM that might render his
» practice of strip transplants obsolete.
»
» Even in this talk, though, he suggests the use of plucked hairs + Acell to
» augment his strip transplants and to improve scar healing.
»
» But again, anything positive from him is very surprising.
»
» So, this bodes well for plucked hairs + Acell:-P