Dr Ray Woods "Hair Transplant-The Musical!"

“Hair Transplant-The Musical!” Californian Musician and Surfer sings and play guitar throughout his before, during and after footage. 2,500 Chest hair via BHT

What a cool dude :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about BHT providing enough sun protection in the surf though.

I did a search and found this for Shawn http://surfmunkey.com/ “FlipUpBill” http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AivJvUuE6iA

Very cool but what about the accuracy of the work when his head was moving and shaking the whole time while he was playing with the guitar!

For only 2500 chest hair grafts its looks like a great yield and result.

Shawn has something to sing about.

It doesn’t look like Dr. Woods was trying to plant a graft while singing, but
he could get great results even while a patient was tap dancing. Dance video
next?

Great result and vid.

This video is proof that Dr. Woods is a character. It also demonstrates great growth of chest hair when transplanted to the top of the head. I remember the debates regarding body hair back around 2005. Some even claimed body hair will not grow at all! That said, there have been issues with leg hair in some cases (I’m an example) where it grows for a time then fades. I don’t believe Dr. Cole has experienced this with chest hair because he still offers chest hair and recommends a small test area first. I know Dr. Woods agrees that when scalp hair is available, it’s the best choice. This video also demonstrates a viable option where body hair can be used in conjunction with scalp hair to enhance the illusion of coverage.

I also agree with the point the patient brought out that hair on top of your head serves a purpose that goes beyond vanity. Take it from me, (I once lived in Santa Monica California) the California sun and beach lifestyle can can lead to Actinic Keratosis and even skin cancer. I have had several areas treated on my scalp myself and it’s no fun. I have used 5 fluorouracil approximately 6 times to treat the scaly red patches called Actinic Keratosis. It’s a booger because it makes a mess of your skin while its being treated. Makeup helps though.

CITNews works at Dr. Cole’s office

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
Phone 678-566-1011
I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice
email CITNews at chuck@forhair.com

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by chris[/postedby]
Very cool but what about the accuracy of the work when his head was moving and shaking the whole time while he was playing with the guitar![/quote]

No worries… when you’ve been doing it as long as Dr. Woods, you may even be able to extract grafts while balancing the extraction tool on the end of your nose.

What’s possible when you’re experienced.

CITNews works at Dr. Cole’s office

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
Phone 678-566-1011
I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice
email CITNews at chuck@forhair.com

lol, that was probably a spoof that he did with the patient, there is no way I would let my doctor mess around with my hair like that during a hair transplant.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by chris[/postedby]
Very cool but what about the accuracy of the work when his head was moving and shaking the whole time while he was playing with the guitar![/quote]

That is funny ! Makes me want to sit on that hair :slight_smile:

btw, Dr. Woods, your video on the home page is way too graphic.

Wonderful. As an ex-surfer I can relate to this guy. As for Dr Woods - his work is first class. No wonder people come from all over the world to see him.

My only suggestion would be to make the frontal hairline more irregular - it looks rather straight (like a wave at Pipeline Beach). But this can be done in the next round of work.

Overall, a great job.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Norwood3[/postedby]
btw, Dr. Woods, your video on the home page is way too graphic.[/quote]

scare tactics

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Norwood3[/postedby]
btw, Dr. Woods, your video on the home page is way too graphic.

[postedby]Originally Posted by YM[/postedby]

scare tactics[/quote]

Turn on your TV

there are humans tortured, suffocated, stabbed, shot , bludgeoned , buried alive, torched and hung , still wriggling while we watch.

Life saving surgery is gory and it has to be to save the life.

But…HT surgery of this nature on a young unsuspecting guy by these, IN MY OPINION, psychopaths, must be revealed.

its TRUTH TACTICS…and the truth doesn’t stand a chance. The liars are far more powerful.

where is GANDALF when you need him…

Dr Woods

I guess this patient had poor beard hair donor then. Chest gave him a nice dusting effect on his scalp, good to see results like this using solely chest hair, it illustrates that chest hair grows well too.

Doctor:

Why body hair instead of beard hair in this case?

My guess would be that beard hair would have been too curly/coarse for the thinning look this patient was aiming for, and too curly/coarse to match well with the weak scalp hair remaining on his head.

But from my own experience, taking DHT inhibitors like Avodart or even Propecia, thinned my body hair drastically, while having little if any effect on my beard.

Even if someone were afraid to take a DHT inhibitor to slow hair loss, they might need to take it later in life for prostate problems.

If I were the patient in your video and I then took Avodart, all those body hair transplants would fall out, unless transplanted body hair acquires the characteristic of head hair by actually benefitting from Avodart.

But if that were true, then transplanted hair might also take on the characteristic of being susceptible to DHT and mpb.

(Also in my experience, I suspect the latter may be true: my plug transplants later in life, seem to be thinning faster than the hair remaining in the donor areas those transplants came from–although I have a separate hypothesis as to why this might be happening: a limited number of hair cycles before a follicle stops growing hair, the cycles being speeded up and thereby used up faster for follicles vulnerable to DHT; with transplanted hairs losing cycles from shock fallout during transplants, each cycle lost from transplant shock, resulting in a loss of 6 +/- years of continued growth.)

Dr. Woods, how would you rate chest hair versus beard hair survivability?

In this short video produced by Dr. Carlos Wesley, he states that “Bead hair survivability has been estimated between 63 and 80%”, which sounds plausible enough, but then he states he found “Chest hair had an observed survival rate 136% higher than that derived from beard hair”.

Have you observed higher survivability rates in chest hair versus beard hair, or have you found the opposite to be true? I’ve always heard beard hair is king. I would love to think that chest hair had as high, or even higher, a survivability rate than beard does.

In my experience, as long as the follicles are intact, viable, and placed without trauma, then there is no difference in survivability in normal unscarred receipient area.

In FOLLICUAR SINGLE UNIT EXTRACTION, the great danger is transection, or, pulling out just the top half.

In most cases that kills the follicle.

With beard hair there is an added complication. Grab your neck beard area, and give it a good tug…don’t worry …no one is watching ( or are they ??)

Its very loose spongy and much more elastic than other skin…it has to be as it allows your head and neck to move in all directions.

That skin is densely packed with “elastic fibres” which tightly wrap around the follicle and don’t want to let go.

So apart from transection, there is a much higher risk of “WIRE STRIPPING”…that is when the follicle is being pulled out , layers of follicle cell lining are stripped off around the shaft itself.

And this will greatly reduce beard hair yield…

Avoiding WIRE STRIPPING is crucial as rarely do doctors go straight for the long and curlies…beard hair is usually the last port of call to give good density, and without a very powerful microscope, you don’t know your doing it.

I am not suggesting Dr Wesley “wire stripped”. I am just saying that if I observed this phenomena, I would conclude wire stripping was the problem…but as I don’t wire strip, its not an issue for me…by the way, I used this term several years ago but as few doctors were doing bear hair, it wasn’t as relevant.

But now it is and more people should question it

Dr Ray Woods