Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Dr. Paul Rose / 3,782 total grafts

This patient received 3,782 grafts with Dr. Rose in two surgeries.

Surgery #1
2,135 grafts / 4,213 hairs
Strip 1 cm x 27.5 cm

Surgery #2
1,647grafts / 3,475 hairs
Strip 1 cm x 26 cm

Very nice and appropriate for this guy.The grafts seem to have been used wisely and the look is great.

What norwood class would you say he was before this?

Thanks ‘mac :wink:

Hi Reiner.

» What norwood class would you say he was before this?

I’m not looking at the chart so I cannot tell you for sure how Dr. Rose categorized this patient’s hair loss. I will say, however, that the patient had hair loss throughout the top of the scalp and all the way to the crown area. He had a retained (but very thin) frontal hairline and wispy growth over the top. You might call such a patient a norwood 5. Or you might identity the pattern as overall thinning that would suggest as future norwood 5.

I think the pics were taken from too far away, a couple of close ups would be nice.

You need to do a better job with the photos. Both Arvind and Hasson n Wong have far better presentation and is now the norm for showing results.

» You need to do a better job with the photos. Both Arvind and Hasson n Wong
» have far better presentation and is now the norm for showing results.

I would prefer photos and video because you see everything. Descent photo results non the less. Not so sure about Dr. A because of previous knowledge of his clinic’s integrity.

This guys got a really nice result, but subtle at the same time. I like that most people would probably never notice that he had gotten a HT because the original hairline was kept, just thickened up. Most people would notice he looked better, but never be able to figure out why.

» This guys got a really nice result, but subtle at the same time. I like
» that most people would probably never notice that he had gotten a HT
» because the original hairline was kept, just thickened up. Most people
» would notice he looked better, but never be able to figure out why.

In many ways, the work mimics and strengthens the pre-surgery pattern. The difference, of course, is that his transplanted donor hair in thicker, healthier, and obviously covers his scalp better. This is a subtle result, I agree. That’s possibly why I am so fond of it :wink: The patient can carry on now knowing that he’ll never be bald. That was not the case before.

BTW, other comments in this thread were noted. Thanks.