Dr Koray Erdogan, ASMED Clinic - 5003 grafts MANUAL FUE

•   PATIENT'S AGE:  41

•   NW: 4

•   Total transplanted area: 180 cm2

•   Total donor capacity: 8400 grafts

• Temporal, Parietal and Occipital Density: 60-70-80 uf/cm2
  • Temporal, Parietal and Occipital Hair Diameter: 55-60-55 micron
  •    OPERATION DETAILS:  5003 grafts FUE extracted by manual punch, diameter 0.7 mm.

Incisions executed by: custom made blades sapphire, lateral slit. Placed with K.E.E.P.

• 502 grafts single

• 2111 grafts double

• 2010 grafts triple

• 380 grafts multiple

• General average Hair per Graft: 2.46

• GRAFTS DISTRIBUTION: 5003 grafts were used to restore the patient’s FRONTAL, MIDLINE and VERTEX areas.

• FINASTERIDE: The patient is using the medicine since 17 months.

• Please note that the “RESULT” pictures were taken by the PATIENT.

BEFORE OPERATION

OPERATION

AFTER 1 YEAR

BEFORE OPERATION

OPERATION

AFTER 1 YEAR

BEFORE OPERATION

OPERATION

AFTER 1 YEAR

BEFORE OPERATION

OPERATION

AFTER 1 YEAR

BEFORE

OPERATION

AFTER 1 YEAR

BEFORE

OPERATION

AFTER 1 YEAR

Congratulations to the doctor and the patient both. However, we have just 2 questions:-

1. Doctor, we are sure you must have taken donor hair from the safe donor area because the picture seems to suggest, maybe by mistake of the picture taking staff, that grafts have been taken from outside the safe donor area.

2. You have shown great high-resolution pictures of all areas except the top view which appears blurred. This is the picture we are referring to.

Could you please post a high-resolution picture of this area also. Good work nonetheless.

According to my experience, there is no “Safe Donor Area”, also during the lifetime, we are losing 15%-20% percentile of our hair from the Donor area as well.

At the beginning of my FUE career I was focusing and working according to the “Safe Donor Area” but through my experience, I noticed that we make a linear appearance of the Donor Area.
To prevent the linear appearance of a Donor Area after the extraction and make a soft transition between extracted and non-extracted area I understood that the homogeneous extraction is the key.

The state of the art of FUE is the homogenization of the Donor Area and Recipient Area.

In this particular case, there is no miniaturization so we used our patients’ Donor Area homogeneously. If you follow this patients’ result you will understand what I mean as time goes by.

The patients according to their own capabilities and possibilities send the photos that we present as our results.

Thank you for this excellent question.

Dr. Koray Erdogan, MD

Good observation and good point Dr. A !