Dr. Jones\' patient - 7600 grafts, Strip, ~ 1 year post op

Before and after photos courtesy of Dr. Jones, for more patient results, please go to www.torontohairdoctor.com

Patient had 7600 grafts, Strip. FRONTAL and MID-SCALP restoration.

BEFORE

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER

AFTER

AFTER

AFTER

BEFORE & AFTER

BEFORE & AFTER

Dr. Jones is one of the few doctors in the world who offers FUE, BHT and Triclosure techniques. For more patient results, go to

I would guess that is about 230cm2 which would give an average of about 30-33 fue/cm2. The front loading of about 40 probably leaves about 25 fue/cm2 at the back. If that s all correct then it looks as good as it gets.

It would be good to see the donor and how many sessions was this.

It is good to see at long long last Dr. Jones has given a better and representative set of pics.

It’s pretty good, still a bit thin in the crown though.

This patient was completely BALD on top. This is an honest representation given the extent of his baldness and the # of grafts used. As stated in the original post, this case is about FRONTAL and MID-SCALP restoration.

» This patient was completely BALD on top. This is an honest representation
» given the extent of his baldness and the # of grafts used. As stated in
» the original post, this case is about FRONTAL and MID-SCALP restoration.

really the patient was bald on top but his sides and back are hardly typical the part line is extremely high and the crown at the back has not receded way down at all

he had WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more hair on top because of the sides being so high than the normal NW7 patient lets say

for almost 8k grafts it looks good in the front but it just proves that there is no way in hell a guy can expect decent coverage on top if he could in any way be considered bald on top…without body hair being used

8k grafts pretty much taps most guys out

if this guy goes way down on his part line to a NW7 he is totally screwed he is tapped out almost on scalp hair

2 sessions.

If you look at the pics you can see that he has only really had the frontal third restored. The top AND crown are both just fuzzy. This looks more like a 3-4000 graft job than 8000.

But at the end of the day, does he look better than before? Yes. Does it look natural? Yes. So the patient should be pleased.

But I really don’t think this looks like 8000 grafts. He probably only last 20,000 follicular units to get to where he was. And half density (ie 10000) still looks like “no MPB hair” according to common wisdom. So with 8000 he should look okay but with a thinning crown. Not like this - ie fuzzy coverage and a restored frontal third.

You are not being real if you think that 8000 grafts can cover a slick bald from front to back. No doctor in the world can do that. I had 2000 grafts and it barely covered my hair line.

» You are not being real if you think that 8000 grafts can cover a slick bald
» from front to back. No doctor in the world can do that. I had 2000 grafts
» and it barely covered my hair line.

something is fishy then about the number of hairs they say we have on our heads

if we have 80,000 hairs, then you figure the top is about 1/4 of that or 20,000 hairs,

if he gets 8000 grafts avg 2.5 hairs per graft thats 20k hairs, so why does that only cover half of the top of his head

does not compute

» » You are not being real if you think that 8000 grafts can cover a slick
» bald
» » from front to back. No doctor in the world can do that. I had 2000
» grafts
» » and it barely covered my hair line.
»
» something is fishy then about the number of hairs they say we have on our
» heads
»
» if we have 80,000 hairs, then you figure the top is about 1/4 of that or
» 20,000 hairs,
»
» if he gets 8000 grafts avg 2.5 hairs per graft thats 20k hairs, so why
» does that only cover half of the top of his head
»
» does not compute

He is completely bald in the frontal area and on top. They probably used a large # of “singles” to reconstruct the frontal hairline. This is fantastic yield for someone who is completely bald on top.

» » » You are not being real if you think that 8000 grafts can cover a slick
» » bald
» » » from front to back. No doctor in the world can do that. I had 2000
» » grafts
» » » and it barely covered my hair line.
» »
» » something is fishy then about the number of hairs they say we have on
» our
» » heads
» »
» » if we have 80,000 hairs, then you figure the top is about 1/4 of that
» or
» » 20,000 hairs,
» »
» » if he gets 8000 grafts avg 2.5 hairs per graft thats 20k hairs, so why
» » does that only cover half of the top of his head
» »
» » does not compute
»
» He is completely bald in the frontal area and on top. They probably used a
» large # of “singles” to reconstruct the frontal hairline. This is
» fantastic yield for someone who is completely bald on top.

could be the large number of singles, but I would like to see a breakdown of hairs on head total, sq cm on head total, sq cm on top of head, sides, back,
avg numbers of hair on healthy head, etc etc and then compare this with avg hairs per graft…for the avg transplant, etc etc

something , not just with this patient, but in general …doesnt make sense about ht coverage on the avg patients

Is it 80,000 hairs or 80,000 follicles? 1 follicle can have several hairs, am I right ? I am always confused how many we were born with.

» Is it 80,000 hairs or 80,000 follicles? 1 follicle can have several hairs,
» am I right ? I am always confused how many we were born with.

i have always seen it written as 80,000 hairs 100,000 for the ones with higher density

Average number of scalp hairs in humans:

Blonde 146,000
Black 110,000
Brunette 100,000
Red 86,000

This was taken from Wikipedia. This is consistent with what I have seen in the past.