Dr. Jones finally updates the Acell blog. 5.5 months. No hair

Okay, I am very happy that Dr. Jones has finally updated the Acell Blog. The main target, i.e., regrowing hair, has not been achieved. Thus, the experiment has been a failure, but Dr. Jones has been transparent, and I congratulate him for that.

http://www.drrobertjones.com/acell.html

Tuesday, April 14, 2009
5.5 months post-op

Sorry for delay in this post. I have requested that the patient send me another picture but he says that has been no change since the last picture. There is definitely no hair growth in the scar.
As I said before, I follow the instructions provided by the company exactly. I also spoke with the rep from Acell during the treatment to discuss treatment protocol and progress.
Dr. Robert Jones

» … As I said before, I follow the instructions provided by the company
» exactly. I also spoke with the rep from Acell during the treatment to
» discuss treatment protocol and progress.
» Dr. Robert Jones

It doesn’t matter what he says, if some people in this forum have said that he didn’t follow the correct protocol, and notice that these people know this subject thoroughly, then I would say he didn’t do the right thing.

» » … As I said before, I follow the instructions provided by the company
» » exactly. I also spoke with the rep from Acell during the treatment to
» » discuss treatment protocol and progress.
» » Dr. Robert Jones
»
» It doesn’t matter what he says, if some people in this forum have said
» that he didn’t follow the correct protocol, and notice that these people
» know this subject thoroughly, then I would say he didn’t do the right
» thing.

How many of these people in the forum are doctors? Kudos to Dr. Jones for being transparent, at least we know we can move on to something else.

» How many of these people in the forum are doctors?

Lots of

» Lots of

you are right, lots of idiots

So what have we learned?

We’ve learned that one of the several methods of using Acell to improve HTs has failed to produce new hair. It failed one time in one test case. It might be representative of its capabilities in all situations, it might not.

If you guys wanna start declaring the story of Acell closed & finished, go ahead. If you wanna declare Dr. Jones incompetent (or competent) on the basis of this single result of an untested substance, go ahead.

But most of us are gonna sit back & continue to watch the experimentation with the stuff a few more rounds before forming a firm opinion about what this stuff is capable of.

» » … As I said before, I follow the instructions provided by the company
» » exactly. I also spoke with the rep from Acell during the treatment to
» » discuss treatment protocol and progress.
» » Dr. Robert Jones
»
» It doesn’t matter what he says, if some people in this forum have said
» that he didn’t follow the correct protocol, and notice that these people
» know this subject thoroughly, then I would say he didn’t do the right
» thing.

I believe Dr. Jones when he says that he followed Acell’s instructions during progress. This is the only logical way to do it.
If Jones didn’t do the right thing, then I would point the blame to the Acell representative.

it seems that the scar contracted considerably, something i dont think would have otherwise occurred, considering the starting point, id say there was improvement, again id like to see it on a regularly stiched scar, remember this chap has multiple scars which would drastically reduce his laxity,

» it seems that the scar contracted considerably, something i dont think
» would have otherwise occurred, considering the starting point, id say there
» was improvement, again id like to see it on a regularly stiched scar,
» remember this chap has multiple scars which would drastically reduce his
» laxity,

Probably Acell gives some benefit as “healing enhancer”, but our goal here was to create hair.

I never really expected new hair. I only hoped for it.

I’ve been more focused on the scar-healing possibilities of the stuff all along.

» I never really expected new hair. I only hoped for it.
»
» I’ve been more focused on the scar-healing possibilities of the stuff all
» along.

I completely expected hair growth and I still do. It has created hair growth in animals less related to the pig than the human, but that doesn’t matter as we all share the same ECM.

IMO the system was invalidated as a scar happened. A Scar wall is what stopped the hair growth. In the same way as a scar wall would stop the finger tip growth, in the same way a scar wall would stop any tissue growth.

Well, suit yourself. I suppose the scar might indeed have invalidated the body’s attempt to regenerate follicles. We won’t know until a different test(s) tell us more.

But when it comes to human scalp hairs and beating MPB, I find there is one thing you can count on: When in doubt, assume the worst.

MPB is a deceptively simple issue. An intelligent foreign species might look at it, and think was as simple as scrubbing off the scalp a little better. But MPB has proven to be an unholy life-destroying b*tch that has completely frustrated millions and millions of dollars worth of research.

The fact is that it’s 40 years since the moon landing, and we’re very little closer to fixing MPB than our caveman ancestors. So forgive me for not wanting to embrace the best case scenario with Acell.

» In the same way as a scar wall would stop the
» finger tip growth, in the same way a scar wall would stop any tissue
» growth.

In the same way I read this, in the same way I’m shouting … why did Acell choose Dr. Jones instead of this guy ? He’s a fcing genius !! Now I understand why Baldlatino is so mad … this world makes no sense !!
You heard it here first !

» I suppose the scar might indeed have invalidated the
» body’s attempt to regenerate follicles. We won’t know until a different
» test(s) tell us more.

I remember reading somewhere (some medical literature) that during healing the body’s top priority is survival i.e. if a wound is deep or bleeding a lot then the body tries to close it asap. There is some pathway involved in this, don’t remember which one exactly but I think it’s TGF-B. So if the wound is deep etc then this pathway is activated which leads to wound filling in with fibrous tissue - the scar!

When I first saw the picture of the wound, I knew it had little chance of regrowth because it was just too deep. On the contrary, I also posted a link to a post by some woman who used a chemical peel on her pregnancy scars and then followed it through with ACELL. According to her, the scars completely disappeared and the resulting skin was baby smooth! The thing that gives that post credibility is that she posted that way before ACELL tallk started on any hairloss forums. If I remember correctly she got ACELL from a vet friend of hers.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7270023352/m/1950092315

Following are her posts from Sept 2007:

"acell.com - I have mentioned their stuff before. I obtained a small sample of their powdered product. Bottom line…

strong tca then small amount of powder mixed with emu oil and covered with healing film = stretch mark totally healed.

This is a much better method than the sucessful one I outlined in a previous post and I think this is likely to work for a much broader range of people. Problem is obtaining product from acell as their current product is vet grade and I’m not sure they sell to just anyone. The sample I obtained I got via a contact who sadly cannot provide more."

"My sample came from a contact that works in a vet office, but i doubt i will be able to obtain more from this source.

The way this stuff works requires that the area to be treated be open, you can’t just put it on closed skin. This is where the TCA comes in to prep the area to be treated and the emu oil as well as providing a base for the powder also carries it into the skin. Resolution of treated area is complete. The healed length is like baby skin, and this is consistent with what others have reported. It’s like the cellular clock has been reset in that area. Regarding price it should be inexpesnive in terms of production, but not sure what it will actually cost as an end product. It’s not actually all that complex to produce, maybe an enterprising biomed student will step forward."

» » I never really expected new hair. I only hoped for it.
» »
» » I’ve been more focused on the scar-healing possibilities of the stuff
» all
» » along.
»
» I completely expected hair growth and I still do. It has created hair
» growth in animals less related to the pig than the human, but that doesn’t
» matter as we all share the same ECM.
»
» IMO the system was invalidated as a scar happened. A Scar wall is what
» stopped the hair growth. In the same way as a scar wall would stop the
» finger tip growth, in the same way a scar wall would stop any tissue
» growth.

But the scar was removed or cut open when Dr. Jones applied Acell, any way you look at it you need to create a deep wound and whenever there is deep wound there will be scarring.