Dr. Hasson/ NicNitro/ 10,407 Grafts/ 2 Sessions/ 1 Year/ Strip

» 1. In order to view this high resolution, we would need a high def TV,
» correct me if Im wrong, but do our laptops come with a high def sceen?

Most any monitor can display at least 720p high definition content but this video is scaled down in size for the web therefore it is not true high definition. The benefit to using high definition as the original source file makes for a more detailed final product, even when the file is formatted for the web. When dealing with video or images, it is always best to have the highest resolution possible before scaling down as it makes the final product that much better. It makes for a larger file oveall that has to be streamed but we feel it is worth it.

» 2. About this HT, did the dr. use a conservative approach, in other words,
» if he would of wanted a hairline that was a bit lower and a more round
» first line would it been possible? The results is great, however, for the
» number of grafts that he got, it seems that about a 1/3 went to the
» hairline and front side, while the vast majority went to the vertex?

Indeed, the patient could have had his hairline restored to be the same as that from his youth but then his crown would have been much thinner than what you see in the video. The lower the hairline, the less hair you have for other regions that may be in need. Considering the patient is close to 50 years of age the hairline is in a pretty good spot.

» 3. With the light and on the video when it zooms in, Im able to see the
» scalp or see through, is this gone on natural sunlight for instance?

Sorry to break this to you but if you take Tom Cruise and get this close you’ll see scalp. This is not to say that the density is the same as what Tom Cruise has because it is not but it is pretty damn dense considering the size of the area transplanted. Seeing scalp in certain conditions is a fact of life. The lighting we use is intentionally used to NOT give you any illusions about the density or the overall result. I have always preached about how lighting is deceptive in favor of the clinics. Flash, studio lighting, funky shadow manipulation and deceptive angles are all elements that make the patient look better. If you are thinning have you ever seen your own reflection when in some sort of office building? Did it look thinner than usual? If so, it’s probably because the office has florescent lighting. That is was we use INTENTIONALLY so that there is no mistaking what you see.

» 4. Finally, on a more personal note, I have heard of the heavy workload
» that the dr. has, does he ever take vacations?

Yes, both Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong enjoy their down time at least once a year, sometimes twice a year. They certainly deserve it

Yes yes, always include a video along with the pictures, no one can argue about the results. The pics do not do him justice. He hair a lot nicer in the video.

I agree he looks much nicer in the vid. Jotronic, have you ever come across patients who developed cysts inside the strip scar like these ppics?

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-23970-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

Yes, I have seen this but not from any procedures we’ve done. I’ve even seen “hairballs”. Hair balls are formed when grafts are placed upside down in the patient’s recipient area. Yes, you read that right. Grafts placed upside down. The hair still grows but it grows down instead of up and out. I remember a young man from Sweden that had this problem. I have some photos of the extracted tissue when he first came to see us that I’ll try to dig up in the next couple of days.

» Yes, I have seen this but not from any procedures we’ve done. I’ve even
» seen “hairballs”. Hair balls are formed when grafts are placed upside down
» in the patient’s recipient area. Yes, you read that right. Grafts placed
» upside down. The hair still grows but it grows down instead of up and out.
» I remember a young man from Sweden that had this problem. I have some
» photos of the extracted tissue when he first came to see us that I’ll try
» to dig up in the next couple of days.

Thanks. So that happened in the recipient area?

Yes, the hair started to grow but down instead of up. As the length increases the hair turns in on itself and curls up and just keeps getting longer and longer. The body then tries to reject it and the more unsuccessful rejection occurs the more scar tissue and infection forms thus creating a “ball” of sorts. It’s not pretty.

» Yes, the hair started to grow but down instead of up. As the length
» increases the hair turns in on itself and curls up and just keeps getting
» longer and longer. The body then tries to reject it and the more
» unsuccessful rejection occurs the more scar tissue and infection forms
» thus creating a “ball” of sorts. It’s not pretty.

Thanks Joe. This one happened in the donor scar instead of the recipient, so I guess it can happen to both the donor and the recipient, this is like walking on a landmine :frowning:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-23970-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

» Yes, the hair started to grow but down instead of up. As the length
» increases the hair turns in on itself and curls up and just keeps getting
» longer and longer. The body then tries to reject it and the more
» unsuccessful rejection occurs the more scar tissue and infection forms
» thus creating a “ball” of sorts. It’s not pretty.

Isn’t it the same as ingrown hair? Can we simply pluck that out with a tweezer?