Dr. Hasson/ NicNitro/ 10,407 Grafts/ 2 Sessions/ 1 Year/ Strip

Most of your know “Nicnitro” from the various boards and his transformation has been well documented. This week, Nic returned to our clinic as he promised for a video and photo follow-up visit.

For those that may not be aware, Nicnitro was a CLASSIC & TRUE NW5 that received 6279 grafts in one session with Dr. Hasson.

He returned to have a second session of 4128 grafts. Below are the photos we took and we have video that will be up on Monday morning, one with a comb-through and a second video that is his testimonial.

This result is amazing. However it must be pointed out that this guy is a sort of record breaker ( just like Londonlad). He had incredible scalp laxity as the number of grafts extracted clearly show.

It is nice to see this drastic change in appearance but it’s also a wake up call for guys that have average donor characteristics. The average Joe (no pun intended) can have 4000 grafts extracted via Strip. If you happen to be a genuine NW5 the amount of coverage that you can expect is limited.

Said that, Kudos to Dr Hasson. It is by all means a mesmerizing restoration. I just wish everybody had a chance to have this many grafts transplanted on their scalp.

Congratulations to the patients and the doctor.

All the photos you show are very good but you always say this is not the final result and the patient is returning for more. Why? Are the photos not accurate and showing your patients better than they really are in reality?

FF,

Huh? I’m not sure I follow. This patient did not return for more work. He promised to return one year after his second procedure to allow us to document his results. He wasn’t back for more work nor for a consultation for more work.

“Are the photos not accurate and showing your patients better than they really are in reality?”

Absolutely not. He looks better in person.

» FF,
»
» Huh? I’m not sure I follow. This patient did not return for more work. He
» promised to return one year after his second procedure to allow us to
» document his results. He wasn’t back for more work nor for a consultation
» for more work.
»
» “Are the photos not accurate and showing your patients better than they
» really are in reality?”
»
» Absolutely not. He looks better in person.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

“He returned to have a second session of 4128 grafts. Below are the photos we took and we have video that will be up on Monday morning, one with a comb-through and a second video that is his testimonial.”

I think that sentence is confusing as even I though he returned for another HT.

Anyway great result here.

Jotronic, when the surgeon moves hair to the recipient site, does he/she try to avoid moving white hair?

» Most of your know “Nicnitro” from the various boards and his transformation
» has been well documented. This week, Nic returned to our clinic as he
» promised for a video and photo follow-up visit.
»
» For those that may not be aware, Nicnitro was a CLASSIC & TRUE NW5 that
» received 6279 grafts in one session with Dr. Hasson.
»
» He returned to have a second session of 4128 grafts. Below are the photos
» we took and we have video that will be up on Monday morning, one with a
» comb-through and a second video that is his testimonial.

Joe,

This really need a better detaled explaination. As others have sad 10000 Fu by strip s not only unprecidented but there is no mpression that his donor har “looks” twice as dense as the average. So what does this presumed laxity look lke? Does t not give the mpression of more hair? If he dd not actually have more hair then can everyone get such results wth scalp excersize? f it s just down to laxity then why not just undermne everyone who need a lot of grafts. I think these are justifyable and reasdonable questions to be answered before ths result gets to the top of the hall of fame!

As you often say the proof is in the results (and these are of cause exceptional) but we are potential candidates and deserve to work on more than blnd faith.

» » Most of your know “Nicnitro” from the various boards and his
» transformation
» » has been well documented. This week, Nic returned to our clinic as he
» » promised for a video and photo follow-up visit.
» »
» » For those that may not be aware, Nicnitro was a CLASSIC & TRUE NW5 that
» » received 6279 grafts in one session with Dr. Hasson.
» »
» » He returned to have a second session of 4128 grafts. Below are the
» photos
» » we took and we have video that will be up on Monday morning, one with a
» » comb-through and a second video that is his testimonial.
»
»
» Joe,
»
» This really need a better detaled explaination. As others have sad 10000
» Fu by strip s not only unprecidented but there is no mpression that his
» donor har “looks” twice as dense as the average. So what does this
» presumed laxity look lke? Does t not give the mpression of more hair? If
» he dd not actually have more hair then can everyone get such results wth
» scalp excersize? f it s just down to laxity then why not just undermne
» everyone who need a lot of grafts. I think these are justifyable and
» reasdonable questions to be answered before ths result gets to the top of
» the hall of fame!
»
» As you often say the proof is in the results (and these are of cause
» exceptional) but we are potential candidates and deserve to work on more
» than blnd faith.

Please check your spelling mate. It took me 5 minutes to decipher your post:-D

This case is very well documented on their site. On top of that the guy also has a personal blog. One last thought on this one… 10000 grafts is not unheard of. I think London lad had even more than that. Having said that, these guys had exeptional donor characteristics, make no bones about it.

According to Dr Hasson the average number of grafts that can be extracted is 4000 with a single procedure. Anything more than that is down to scalp laxity and hair density.

Apologies if my description was insufficient or confusing. Nicnitro did not have donor density that was twice that of average. It was above average but not that high. He also had a very loose scalp and I believe, if memory serves, he gained some of this laxity from scalp exercises but the other factor that helped was his hair texture. His hair is coarse so he has more coverage, hair for hair, than someone with finer hair that may receive the same number of grafts.

As I tell everyone, this result is achieved for Nicnitro, and will not be achieved for you. The number of results shared are to help build a record of consistency, whether it be 10,407 grafts in two or 2750 in one.

» Please check your spelling mate. It took me 5 minutes to decipher your
» post:-D
»

Hi PPX,

Sorry, there was a double whammy here. I am a (not so) secret dyslexic and although I usually use a spell checker on everything occasionally I forget and the “truth” is outed. Secondly the “i” key on my computer is giving up the ghost which seems to have turned what would have otherwise just been indecipherable into a completely new language:-P .

Did you hear about the dyslexic insomniac philosopher. He stayed awake all night wondering if there is a dog.:smiley:

Thanks Joe,

H&W are able to extract a lot of grafts anyway. When you extract these kind of numbers, does the donor scar remain…reasonable? 'm not sure what reasonable would mean in this context since most of us would sacrifice a perfect line for anything like this level of result. If you could through some light on this, it would be great.

» Thanks Joe,
»
» H&W are able to extract a lot of grafts anyway. When you extract these
» kind of numbers, does the donor scar remain…reasonable? 'm not sure what
» reasonable would mean in this context since most of us would sacrifice a
» perfect line for anything like this level of result. If you could through
» some light on this, it would be great.

Marco,

Yes, we think the scar remains reasonable and apparently so do our patients. We will never tell our patients that they will have an invisible scar. We do tell our patients that they will never be able to be a head shaver but that is ok for them. You see, we feel there are two kinds of patients for hair transplantation. Those that want to invest in having as much of a cosmetic improvement as possible and those that want no scar. Our patients come in knowing that they will not be able to shave their heads but they are not head shavers to begin with and they feel that the small restriction of not being able to shave their heads is a small price to pay for having enough hair to style and no longer look bald. Others do not and that is fine as there are other clinics available that will accomodate them.

Hi Joe,

Can you please elaborate on your statement that those opting for a strip “will not be able to shave their head”. I am investigating the possibility of having a strip procedure for 3000 grafts. If this is the case then what length will the scar be? Also, what width? Will it not be possible to extract the strip directly from the back of the head as opposed to the side?

I would certainly be comfortable having a pencil thin scar on the back of my head running sideways.

In fact, my intention was to have enough grafts to give me the appearance of a shadow when I would shave my hair off. In my mind, that is better than having a transplant that still gives the impression of diffused thinning.

I appreciate your advise.

» Marco,
»
» Yes, we think the scar remains reasonable and apparently so do our
» patients. We will never tell our patients that they will have an invisible
» scar. We do tell our patients that they will never be able to be a head
» shaver but that is ok for them. You see, we feel there are two kinds of
» patients for hair transplantation. Those that want to invest in having as
» much of a cosmetic improvement as possible and those that want no scar.
» Our patients come in knowing that they will not be able to shave their
» heads but they are not head shavers to begin with and they feel that the
» small restriction of not being able to shave their heads is a small price
» to pay for having enough hair to style and no longer look bald. Others do
» not and that is fine as there are other clinics available that will
» accomodate them.

Ak,

Most people do not want the strip scar to be visible thus they cannot shave their heads. The length of the scar depends on how loose and dense the donor area is. The more densely the hair is growing and the more loose the donor area is then the shorter (albeit wider) the donor strip will be. For those with tighter scalps or less density then the strip will be more narrow but longer. 3000 grafts would be difficult to keep solely in the back of the scalp so I wouldn’t plan on it happening. In fact, if you wish to cut your hair shorter than a #2 then strip is not for you.

Thank you for your very prompt answer Joe.

Would it be at all possible for me to send you photos of my hair for you to assess the number of grafts I would need in order to have decent coverge?

I would simply appreciate your opinion.

» Ak,
»
» Most people do not want the strip scar to be visible thus they cannot
» shave their heads. The length of the scar depends on how loose and dense
» the donor area is. The more densely the hair is growing and the more loose
» the donor area is then the shorter (albeit wider) the donor strip will be.
» For those with tighter scalps or less density then the strip will be more
» narrow but longer. 3000 grafts would be difficult to keep solely in the
» back of the scalp so I wouldn’t plan on it happening. In fact, if you wish
» to cut your hair shorter than a #2 then strip is not for you.

» Thank you for your very prompt answer Joe.
»
» Would it be at all possible for me to send you photos of my hair for you
» to assess the number of grafts I would need in order to have decent
» coverge?
»
» I would simply appreciate your opinion.
»

Of course you can. Fill out the form on the page below and I’ll share your information with the doctors.

Gentlemen,

Sorry for the delay regarding the video. It is finally uploaded and of course it was shot in high definition then scaled for the web and as always no flash, no studio lighting, only florescent lighting found in a typical office building.

NicNitro/ 10407 Grafts/ Comb Through Video

My HM forum days are pretty much over with the Intercytex update, so how much does something like this cost? It looks great but is there a way to have this hair without cutting me open? :frowning:

btw, how many days would it take before this guy can go back to work without people knowing?

» Gentlemen,
»
» Sorry for the delay regarding the video. It is finally uploaded and of
» course it was shot in high definition then scaled for the web and as
» always no flash, no studio lighting, only florescent lighting found in a
» typical office building.
»
» NicNitro/
» 10407 Grafts/ Comb Through Video

I wanted to ask you a couple of things.

1. In order to view this high resolution, we would need a high def TV, correct me if Im wrong, but do our laptops come with a high def sceen?
  2. About this HT, did the dr. use a conservative approach, in other words, if he would of wanted a hairline that was a bit lower and a more round first line would it been possible? The results is great, however, for the number of grafts that he got, it seems that about a 1/3 went to the hairline and front side, while the vast majority went to the vertex?
  3. With the light and on the video when it zooms in, Im able to see the scalp or see through, is this gone on natural sunlight for instance?
  4. Finally, on a more personal note, I have heard of the heavy workload that the dr. has, does he ever take vacations?

Cheers amigos,