Dr. Cooley deserves thanks and credit for his research, but

I haven’t done enough research but I have read that for a typical transplant, doctors use 1 graph, 2,3 and 4 graph units. In this plucking procedure you would only be getting single hairs at a time as far as I understand, so would you still be able to create a natural look without having the 2,3 and 4 unit follicles?

GoGiants, it is a valid point you make, my understanding is that Dr Cooley has tried to ‘cluster’ plucked hair to simulate follicular units. I am not sure how successful he has been.

The other interesting point to this is that when they plant these plucked hairs that have been dipped in Acell they often get many more hairs actually growing than they planted.

It is clear that there is a lot to learn about this potentially hair industry revolutionising procedure.-

» GoGiants, it is a valid point you make, my understanding is that Dr Cooley
» has tried to ‘cluster’ plucked hair to simulate follicular units. I am not
» sure how successful he has been.
»
» The other interesting point to this is that when they plant these plucked
» hairs that have been dipped in Acell they often get many more hairs
» actually growing than they planted.
»
» It is clear that there is a lot to learn about this potentially hair
» industry revolutionising procedure.-

When did they say that? I don’t remember seeing that.

They did report much higher yields than usual for FUE transplants with grafts dipped in Acell as seen on his report here in photos 7 and 8.

The clustering of single plucked hairs is also shown here in photo 16. It appears after Cooley inplanted the hairs into the same sight it resulted in one, four hair follicular graft which is pretty amazing. These results seem very promising and hopeful for all of us.

Iron_Man,
I see you didn’t answer my response so I will ask the questions again:

If Dr Gho has been doing this for 5 years why can he not show these results to us in the way that Drs Hitzig and Cooley are already trying to do.

If Dr Gho has been doing this for 5 years why have we not seen a number of examples of NW6’s being transformed to NW2’s ?

Why is Dr Gho bothering with transecting follicles when you say he mastered an effective Autocloning procedure 5 years ago ?

» I haven’t done enough research but I have read that for a typical
» transplant, doctors use 1 graph, 2,3 and 4 graph units. In this plucking
» procedure you would only be getting single hairs at a time as far as I
» understand, so would you still be able to create a natural look without
» having the 2,3 and 4 unit follicles?

Wow, it seems this forum is not completely lost: Seems at least one guy in this thread is able to understand the difference between harvesting of natural UNITS of hair follicles and plucked SINGLE hairs.

Pricing/Calculation

Cooley
$10 for 1 plucked single hair (somebody confirmed this today).
So, a procedure with about 1500 plucked SINGLE hairs cost you $15,000 and you will get 1500 SINGLE hairs in your recipient site. Nothing more, nothing less. Thereby it doesn’t matter in which way (1 hair per incision or 2 or more plucked single hairs per incision) Dr. Cooley redistributes the plucked SINGLE hairs: 1500 plucked single hairs = 1500 plucked single hairs.

Warranty for a successful Autocloning procedure: Currently, none.

Gho
~$6 per “plucked” natural hair groupings = hair units (average = 2.5 hairs per hair-unit).
So, a procedure with about 1500 plucked HST grafts (1 graft consists of about 2.5 single hairs) cost you $11,000 and you will get ~3750 SINGLE hairs in your recipient site. Nothing more, nothing less. 1500 HST grafts = 3750 single hairs.

Warranty for a successful HST procedure (growth in the recipient site as well as REgrowth in the donor site): A written one - regrowth in the donor area is min 80%, the growth in the recipient area is 95 to 100%.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like Gho is more cost effective. Does he have a portfolio we can see?

» » I haven’t done enough research but I have read that for a typical
» » transplant, doctors use 1 graph, 2,3 and 4 graph
» units
. In this plucking
» » procedure you would only be getting single hairs at a
» time
as far as I
» » understand, so would you still be able to create a natural look without
» » having the 2,3 and 4 unit follicles?
»
» Wow, it seems this forum is not completely lost: Seems at least one guy in
» this thread is able to understand the difference between harvesting of
» natural UNITS of hair follicles and plucked SINGLE hairs.
»
» Pricing/Calculation
»
» Cooley
» $10 for 1 plucked single hair (somebody confirmed this today).
» So, a procedure with about 1500 plucked SINGLE hairs cost you
» $15,000 and you will get 1500 SINGLE hairs in your recipient
» site. Nothing more, nothing less. Thereby it doesn’t matter in which way (1
» hair per incision or 2 or more plucked single hairs per incision) Dr.
» Cooley redistributes the plucked SINGLE hairs: 1500 plucked single hairs =
» 1500 plucked single hairs.
»
» Warranty for a successful Autocloning procedure: Currently, none.
»
» Gho
» ~$6 per “plucked” natural hair groupings = hair units (average =
» 2.5 hairs per hair-unit).
» So, a procedure with about 1500 plucked HST grafts (1 graft consists of
» about 2.5 single hairs) cost you $11,000 and you will get ~3750
» SINGLE hairs in your recipient site. Nothing more, nothing less.
» 1500 HST grafts = 3750 single hairs.
»
» Warranty for a successful HST procedure (growth in the recipient site as
» well as REgrowth in the donor site): A written one - regrowth in the donor
» area is min 80%, the growth in the recipient area is 95 to 100%.

Iron man, can you link us some successful work Gho has produced, I have yet to see much…

» Iron man, can you link us some successful work Gho has produced, I have
» yet to see much…

If you can wait 1 - 2 hours - we’ll see … :wink:

» » I haven’t done enough research but I have read that for a typical
» units
. In this plucking
» time
as far as I
»
»
» Pricing/Calculation
»
» Cooley
»
»
» Gho
»

That’s exactly what I am worried about, COST !

You just confirmed my fears, I know sooner or later someone will come up with a new treatment that is better than regular hair transplant but I also know they will jack up the price so high that is impossible for the ordinary guy to afford. These prices are crazy

» You just confirmed my fears, I know sooner or later someone will come up
» with a new treatment that is better than regular hair transplant but I also
» know they will jack up the price so high that is impossible for the
» ordinary guy to afford. These prices are crazy

Actually - NO. You’ll be surprised about the low costs (“low” means just some bucks). This no joke. But it’s FAR to early to discuss this subject for now. If my calculation is right, you’ll get it in about 5 years or so, PLUS some more years to confirm the results (if it really works reliable as supposed/claimed) - and THAT is the real “problem” for the average hair loss sufferer (including myself).

Iron man, whoever gave you that information is false. For plucked hair procedures cooley does not charge by the hair but rather by cm2. In the email sent to me she did not tell me how much they charge but I am going to email back tonight and hopefully I can give you some more answers tomorrow. I do want to say that Cooleys office is very professional though and responds in a timely and respectful manner so once I talk to the lady who emailed me personally or when she emails me with more information I’ll have more answers for the forum.

» I haven’t done enough research but I have read that for a typical
» units
. In this plucking
» time
as far as I
»
»
» Pricing/Calculation
»
» Cooley
»
»
» Gho
»

» Iron man, whoever gave you that information is false. For plucked hair
» procedures cooley does not charge by the hair but rather by cm2. In the
» email sent to me she did not tell me how much they charge but I am going to
» email back tonight and hopefully I can give you some more answers tomorrow.
» I do want to say that Cooleys office is very professional though and
» responds in a timely and respectful manner so once I talk to the lady who
» emailed me personally or when she emails me with more information I’ll have
» more answers for the forum.

Cool. Try to clarify this issue. The following is all I know (he’s a patient of Dr. Cooley):

» Iron man, can you link us some successful work Gho has produced, I have
» yet to see much…

Legit Dr. Gho patient #1

Mr. roloff (his username), age 54, former NW4 patient:

His HST procedures (chronological), according to his user-signature:
2007 Haarstamceltransplantatie [Coen Gho / HASCI] 910 grafts
2008 Haarstamceltransplantatie [Coen Gho / HASCI] 760 grafts
2009 Haarstamceltransplantatie [Coen Gho / HASCI] 610 grafts
2010 Haarstamceltransplantatie [Coen Gho / HASCI] 600 - 650 grafts (per dec. a.s. ter verdichting)

But read yourself what Mr. roloff reports (June 2008) about his HST procedures and concerning his donor-regrowth :

It seems Mr. roloff is a nice guy and speaks/writes fluently English. That means, you guys can contact him yourself via www.haarweb.nl - if you wish.

BTW – Somebody asked him, WHY he did just so small HST procedures between 2007 – 2010. Here is the answer (not written by himself, but in roloff’s/HST context):

As already mentioned, “Mr. roloff” is a legit user on haarweb.nl and patient of Dr. Gho and his team. It seems that he is VERY satisfied with the results and his next (small) HST procedure (to gain some more density) will be in few weeks (December 23, 2010).

Besides some well-known celebrities Dr. Gho and his team successfully treated in the past (e.g. model Bridget Maasland, singer Gerard Joling etc), I’ve just noticed, that they’ve added some more patient results/photos on their website in the meanwhile:

STOP – before you choose your language on the start page, “actualize” your browser several times. If you do so, normally you’ll see every time different patient results in the mirror. Already here you’ll NOT see any “super-duper-mega-dense” fake-fücking results (if you understand what I mean). Instead of, you simply will see legit and REALISTIC results.
If you enter the site, completely the same (no sh’tty super-duper-fake-photos) you’ll find if you click the “RESULTS” link in the menu-bar on the left. You’ll also notice, that the results range from “ok” to “amazing” …

Reason:
@wolvie1985, Sept 2010 – “I asked HSI why they don’t have photos on their site of NW6s transformed to NW1. They said the technique has only been around for a couple of years, you can only have approx 1500 grafts per procedure, and you have to wait at least 9 months between each one. So there hasn’t been time for any drastic transformations yet. They admit their marketing sucks, but have said they really don’t feel pressure to prove their naysayers wrong because they’re booked through mid-2011 as it is. Clearly they’re doing something right”

Like Mr. roloff, most patients are simply NOT done! That means, it always depends on 1) expectations, 2) how large are the bald areas to cover up, and finally 3) how large are the pockets of the patients – if you understand what I mean. But there is something, each and every HST-patient share: They all have NO donor reserves concerns …
Besides that, you’ll not even notice on these patients, that they ever had a “HT”.
Reason (scroll down):
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-75549-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer.html

Furthermore, I noticed they (Hair Science Institute / HSI) recently (October) uploaded on YouTube most videos, which were produced by various and independent TV stations in the Netherlands. So simply search for ‘Hair Science Institute’ on YouTube. The other way is simply watching them on http://www.hasci.com/ You’ll find the videos if you click the “IN THE MEDIA” link in the menu-bar → “RTV”.

So it’s just up to you to find out more - like what happened during the past 12 month:

That means, it happened a similar “cat fight” (more accurate “Clone Wars” ) in the Netherland like currently in North America (Cooley/Hitzig vs. Cole etc) concerning Autocloning/ACell.

I’ll let you know more when I hear from the office.

Iron_Man,
you didn’t answer my questions again but I don’t blame you, there are no easy answers to those questions I guess.

What I understand is that Gho admits they have non-existent marketing but are so booked up they cannot be bothered to document proof of their procedure - so we are in the same position we have always been in - maybe there is regrowth in the donor area, and maybe there isn’t - the guy Roloff says he doesn’t have a clue whether there has been regrowth in his donor area or not. This leaves it in the same position as Autocloning - unproven

The fact that Gho can only do 1,500 grafts every 9 months seems a weird self-imposition, but anyway it is certainly a massive limitation.

Autocloning (if it works) may only produce 1 hair but there is no limitation on how many hairs that can be plucked at one time. As for price, in anything other than the short term I would expect the price of Autocloning to plummet. It is a much easier procedure to do than FUE or Strip and if it is shown to work I think lots of doctors will try it, providing plenty of competition.

» What I understand is that Gho admits they have non-existent marketing but
» are so booked up they cannot be bothered to document proof of their
» procedure - so we are in the same position we have always been in - maybe
» there is regrowth in the donor area, and maybe there isn’t - the guy Roloff
» says he doesn’t have a clue whether there has been regrowth in his donor
» area or not. This leaves it in the same position as Autocloning - unproven

That’s how the HST technique works: He and others can’t find any white dots or scars (not even with a magnification-glass), but they can clearly see the result in the recipient area; natural hair groupings with the same characteristics (caliber / hair diameter etc) as in the donor area.

But why don’t you try a small test procedure for just 500 Euros – and you’ll know:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-68191.html#p68743

» The fact that Gho can only do 1,500 grafts every 9 months seems a weird
» self-imposition, but anyway it is certainly a massive limitation.

That is not correct. According to the rate-table, resp. comparison table (FUT vs FUE vs HST) on their website, currently they are able to perform >1600 HST grafts (max. 2000) per session/DAY. The largest session I’m aware of (1600 HST grafts) is a guy called “Bas” (age 31):

(you can clearly see the number on the counter)

That means, if you have enough money (as well as a suitable donor area!!), you can have the same procedure the day right after a second time.

» Autocloning (if it works) may only produce 1 hair but there is no
» limitation on how many hairs that can be plucked at one time. As for price,
» in anything other than the short term I would expect the price of
» Autocloning to plummet. It is a much easier procedure to do than FUE or
» Strip and if it is shown to work I think lots of doctors will try it,
» providing plenty of competition.

GUESS why Dr. Gho slightly “modified” the procedure as claimed in his patent:

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=NL2006000588&DISPLAY=CLAIMS

One reason is to overcome of Cooleys (and others) current concerns …
… among some more VERY important reasons. E.g. roloff’s hairs cycle completely normal … :wink:

That means, if you have enough money (as well as a suitable donor area!!), you can have the same procedure the day right after a second time.

Surely a few people must have done this then ? If we have had 3 guys who have had 6,000 grafts over a few days then we will have the answer because it should then be very apparent if they don’t regrow in the donor area. Do you know if we have any examples of this that are documented ?

GUESS why Dr. Gho slightly “modified” the procedure as claimed in his patent

Well, I assume you are suggesting Dr Hitzig’s and Cooley’s procedure doesn’t cycle - which will be surprising as Dr Hitzig claims on the rare occasions that plucked hairs without aCell actually grew they DID cycle.

We will have to wait and see as Dr Gho seems happy to plod on as he is. I am not interested in paying Dr Gho 500 Euros for 50 grafts, I think that is unreasonable and I am not into encouraging doctors not to document their results. If others wish to do so that is up to them.

» Surely a few people must have done this then ? If we have had 3 guys who
» have had 6,000 grafts over a few days then we will have the answer because
» it should then be very apparent if they don’t regrow in the donor area. Do
» you know if we have any examples of this that are documented ?

No idea, but either you’re stupid or blind - or both …

» The largest session I’m
» aware of (1600 HST grafts) is a guy called “Bas” (age 31):
» http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36gtNnW29w
» (you can clearly see the number on the counter)

So to stop flaming right here

Gho and Hitzig stuff is almost identical, ALMOST, In Ghos procedure the hair cycles normally so it would also cycle normally in Hitzigs procedure.

Downsides:

Hitzig : Only Singlehairs, but ith additional grow at reciepient are / DOnor Unlimited

Gho: Grafts therefore multiple single hairs / Donor Unlimited but sceptical

ARE WE DONE WITH BASHING