Dr. Cooley deserves thanks and credit for his research, but

I’ll be the first to admit Gho frustrates the heck out of me. It would-have been nice to see quicker progress coupled with a generous helping of photos. If only Gho took the initiative to restore several NW6 patients than he could ease off on the defensive; his patients would provide testimony anytime someone (like me) questions his work.

Having said that, it’s good see Drs Hitzig & Cooley are willing to pursue this research. They seem to be going at a good rate, and they seem to be more transparent with their findings. I’m willing to sit back and watch with unfold.

posted by roger_that, 31.10.2010, 08:43
Skywalker, do you know how long Dr Gho has been transecting follicles? SINCE 1996, at least. That was when the first article about Gho appeared in the Dutch media, in the De Gelderlander newspaper to be exact, which actually prompted the first forum on Hairsite concerning Hair Multiplication. Gho was doing follicle transections long before he did anything with cells, stem or otherwise. It’s now been almost 15 years, and nothing? Not one person ridden of MPB and restored to a full head of hair, or nearly a full head, by Gho, or by any other doctor who might have wanted to take up his work? I mean, for such an allegedly simple and straightforward concepts, it shouldn’t be rocket science to bring this research to completion and get going with a workable procedure…THAT IS, if it were even possible.

I’m not saying it’s impossible necessarily, I’m just saying that common sense dictates, at this point, LONG after research on this exact concept of transecting follicles started, that it is highly unlikely that some doctor will miraculously find the “sweet sport” on the follicle, say 0.008 nanometers to the right of the 33rd dermal papilla cell, where he has to cut, in order to make this procedure work, and reliably grow new hair.

» I’m willing to sit back and watch with unfold.

The next 13 years ?

» » I’m willing to sit back and watch with unfold.
»
» The next 13 years ?

minus 11 years thats my Premonition here

» The donor
» area will grow back to normal and the transplanted hairs will grow as
» normal hairs… However, his limit seems to be 1500 grafts (being max
» quantity), so you cannot speak of unlimmited supply of hair…

His limit is 1500 grafts for this time… just like for a single session could be. If he wants he could add grafts to the same patient I guess, why not? if the donor grows back then unlimited donor is a fact.

I hope for the next year this will become a “normal” procedure among many surgeons so I’ll have an HT with someone I like which will use acell

I don’t mind if only 75% of grafts transplanted grows back, the most important thing is that the donor will fully regrows

» » People are excited because a Follicle develops around the hair. Don’t
» you
» » think that’s impressive?
»
» These so-called “new” follicles develop around the donor hair follicle
» which has been plucked? Are these results reproducible? Does it happen
» every time? Do they result in thick, terminal hairs or only small vellus
» hairs?

According to Cooley, the yield is around 50% when planted into scar tissue, and higher on healthy tissue. In the photos, the hairs are terminal, maybe not as thick as a normal one, but terminal nonetheless.
Roger, I think this deserves attention. But caution too.

» The Gho and Cooley procedures are not the same at all. First off not using
[…]
» Well yeah … ok … the details are a little different though. They aim
» to do a similar end result, but in very different ways.

Excuse me guys, but as you know, unfortunately I’m a little bit stupid. So could somebody please be so kind, and could explain me the DIFFERENCE between to following terms/expressions:

• hair

• shaft

• hair shaft

• follicle

• hair sac

• hair cavity

• follicular unit(s) (FU’s)

• graft(s)

• hair graft(s)

Furthermore, WHAT exactly defines “Hair Transplantation” ?

For instance, WHAT exactly did these physicians/researchers in the following (and easy explained) study ?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1524-4725.2001.01168.x/abstract
Resp.: http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/dermatologic_letter_to_the_editor.pdf

1. A “Hair Transplantation” ?

2. A “Hair Follicle Transplantation” ?

3. A “Hair Graft Transplantation” ?

Cooley never said 1500 is the LIMIT, you guys need to stop misquoting him on that. 1500 is just the most he’s tried so far on a single patient, which is actually more than I was expecting at this stage of the game.

Also Acell is the difference.

If I’m a HT doc and I say I can do the same thing (or am trying to do the same thing) as Cooley but use olive oil instead of Acell – that’s not the same thing, lol. That logic is silly to put it mildly.

Guys, you don’t get it.
Gho’s limit is not 1500 FU’s per session. It is 1500 FU’s per year!!

For some obscure reason, Gho doesn’t want to move more than that per year.
Probably explanation:
moving only 1500FUs, it is very difficult to notice the loss of donor. so Gho can claim that donor regenerates even if this is false.

Also, note that the typical number is not 1500 FU/yr (this is the maximum), but around 800 FUs/year.

And he harvest dispersely, across all the donor surface, so it is very hard to notice if these grow.

In other words: fishy fishy!!

» » The donor
» » area will grow back to normal and the transplanted hairs will grow as
» » normal hairs… However, his limit seems to be 1500 grafts (being max
» » quantity), so you cannot speak of unlimmited supply of hair…
»
» His limit is 1500 grafts for this time… just like for a single session
» could be. If he wants he could add grafts to the same patient I guess, why
» not? if the donor grows back then unlimited donor is a fact.
»
» I hope for the next year this will become a “normal” procedure among many
» surgeons so I’ll have an HT with someone I like which will use acell
»
» I don’t mind if only 75% of grafts transplanted grows back, the most
» important thing is that the donor will fully regrows

» Cooley never said 1500 is the LIMIT, you guys need to stop misquoting him
» on that. 1500 is just the most he’s tried so far on a single patient […]

1500 - WHAT ???

1500 eggs, apples, dollars, rain drops ?

» » Cooley never said 1500 is the LIMIT, you guys need to stop misquoting
» him
» » on that. 1500 is just the most he’s tried so far on a single patient
» […]
»
» 1500 - WHAT ???
»
» 1500 eggs, apples, dollars, rain drops ?

1500 hairs is the most Cooley has done to date. There is no “limit” that he ever talked about though.

» » » Cooley never said 1500 is the LIMIT, you guys need to stop misquoting
» » him
» » » on that. 1500 is just the most he’s tried so far on a single patient
» » […]
» »
» » 1500 - WHAT ???
» »
» » 1500 eggs, apples, dollars, rain drops ?
»
» ----------------
» 1500 hairs is the most Cooley has done to date. There is no “limit” that
» he ever talked about though.

“hairs” ?

Or do you mean …

• hair

• shaft

• hair shaft(s)

• follicle

• hair sac

• hair cavity

• follicular unit(s) (FU’s)

• graft(s)

• hair graft(s)

» I was indeed refering to Gho’s Limit of 1500 Fu’s per year. I was wondering whether Cooley had the same density limit or not. If so, i find it basically the same result regardless of whether he uses Acell or anything else. If however, there is no limit defined…then this would indeed be a breakthrough
»
»

» » I’m willing to sit back and watch with unfold.
»
» The next 13 years ?
lol. 13’s pushing it.

» » I was indeed refering to Gho’s Limit of 1500 Fu’s per year. I was
» wondering whether Cooley had the same density limit or not. If so, i find
» it basically the same result regardless of whether he uses Acell or
» anything else. If however, there is no limit defined…then this would
» indeed be a breakthrough

correct!
In fact, I have asked Dr. Cooley if he plans to try full restaurations of very bald people, as soon as he confirms that the autocloning procedure is solid, and the hairs are durable (they can cycle and they are DHT resistant).

This was my post for Dr. Cooley:

Question for Dr. Cooley:
Once you have confirmed that the cloned hairs are durable (they cycle after plucking, and they don’t get affected by DHT), and the donor area regenerates with no problems, do you intend to attempt a full restauration of a very bald person, to demonstrate the technique in its full colours?

I am saying this because there is another doctor out there (Dr. Gho) who, for many years have claimed that he is able to multiply hair with relatively high yields, but the most he is willing to do is 1500 FU’s per year (tipically 800 FU/year), and patients can’t even verify if the hair was really multiplied or it was simply a normal FUE. Apparently, Gho has no intention whatsoever in making a full restauration to convince the sceptics.
Do you plan to follow Gho’s “commercial strategy”?
<<<<

» 1500 hairs is the most Cooley has done to date. There is no “limit” that
» he ever talked about though.

exactly, I can’t figure out why there is a limit per year? lol, this doesn’t make sense…

» » 1500 hairs is the most Cooley has done to date. There is no “limit” that
» » he ever talked about though.
»
» exactly, I can’t figure out why there is a limit per year? lol, this
» doesn’t make sense…

You can’t figure this out in this thread, because Spanish DUD has totally re-invented Dr. Gho’s procedure and grafts amounts in this and other threads and simply mixed it with any statements by Dr. Jerry Cooley.

==============================================
Skywalker, do you know how long Dr Gho has been transecting follicles? SINCE 1996, at least.

Yes, Roger_That, I am aware it has been a very long time.

==============================================
It’s now been almost 15 years, and nothing? Not one person ridden of MPB and restored to a full head of hair, or nearly a full head, by Gho, or by any other doctor who might have wanted to take up his work? I mean, for such an allegedly simple and straightforward concepts, it shouldn’t be rocket science to bring this research to completion and get going with a workable procedure…THAT IS, if it were even possible.

No idea why you are aiming this at me Roger_That, I have been criticising him for years about this, he can claim all the studies he likes, until we see fully documented cases of customers being restored and reputable forum users telling us of their success then he is, in my opinion, not credible. He can claim all the studies he likes, if he won’t produce this simple documentation it is a big red flag.
One has to remember that Gho is now using his 2nd protocol, he was claiming success with his first protocol for years but now admits that it didn’t work properly.

BTW, people who keep saying that Gho’s procedure is the same as Autocloning must have comprehension issues, Gho’s procedure involves very very precise transection, it will be very time consuming to do and if you get it slightly wrong it doesn’t work (assuming it ever works).

In my view the development of Autocloning (which appears much easier to do and already has documented results) is much much more exciting than ‘Waiting for GHOdot’ :slight_smile:

» No idea why you are aiming this at me Roger_That, I have been criticising
» him for years about this, he can claim all the studies he likes, until we
» see fully documented cases of customers being restored and reputable forum
» users telling us of their success then he is, in my opinion, not credible.
» He can claim all the studies he likes, if he won’t produce this simple
» documentation it is a big red flag.
» One has to remember that Gho is now using his 2nd protocol, he was
» claiming success with his first protocol for years but now admits that it
» didn’t work properly.

REALLY ?

5 years ago, guess WHO 1) studied, 2)described and 3)patented EXACTLY that,
what YOU now claim “it is so cool”?

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=NL2006000588&DISPLAY=CLAIMS

Resp.: http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=NL2006000588&DISPLAY=DESC
(full description)

“… and reputable forum users telling us success …”

Do you know one?

There’re just 2 persons in my life I trust:

1. I myself … and the other one
  2. are not guys like you.

Ironman,

As you mentioned, Gho’s been doing this procedure for quite some time now. Do you know if his follicles in the recipient site cycle like a normal hair? He should know this by now, as enough time has elapsed to see that effect. If so, i think that would bode well for Cooley/Hitzig.

Thanks

=========
REALLY ?

Yes.

=================
Do you know one?

Yes, across the forums there are lots of reputable posters.

Ironman,
your insults I find amusing and who you happen to trust is a moot point - but explain - if Dr Gho patented it how is it that Drs Hitzig and Cooley can market it ?

If Dr Gho has been doing this for 5 years why can he not show these results to us in the way that Drs Hitzig and Cooley are already trying to do.

Why have we not seen a number of examples of NW6’s being transformed to NW2’s ?

Why is Dr Gho bothering with transecting follicles when you say he mastered an effective Autocloning procedure 5 years ago ?