Dr Bisanga 2119 FUE 0-7 Months, Hair Line Frontal 1/3

BHR Clinic- Dr. Christian Bisanga
Technique: FUE
Graft #: 2119
0-7 Months Post Op

Hair Count: 1 Hair 476 2 Hair 821 3 Hair 762 4 Hair 60

The goal in this case was to rebuild a conservative hair line and frontal third whilst preserving his donor area because of future hair loss and the fact he only has an average density in his donor. To his advantage his hair characteristics help with this conservative approach, for example his hair to skin colour is lower. Dr. B placed less than 2200 FUE in an area that many times will need close to 3000 grafts.

Pictures are pre op, placement, 7 months post op with comparison of before.

That’s amazing coverage, only 2119 grafts, fantastic!

Thats real nice,thats the kind of result i am looking for.

» Thats real nice,thats the kind of result i am looking for.

ditto one of the nicest FUE I have seen lately, small # of grafts, fantastic yield.

That is a very nice result. What kind of density
was used?

» The goal in this case was to rebuild a conservative hair line and frontal
» third whilst preserving his donor area because of future hair loss and the
» fact he only has an average density in his donor. To his advantage his hair
» characteristics help with this conservative approach, for example his hair
» to skin colour is lower. Dr. B placed less than 2200 FUE in an area that
» many times will need close to 3000 grafts.
»

This is a great example of a conservative approach that produced an excellent and natural result! The patient has enough donor for a teenage hairline but used common sense and saved much of it for later. Thus, it can be placed in a MUCH more overall meaningful and cosmetically pleasing manner than if it were used now. This particular HT fits into what I term the “smart transplant” category. I give this effort a 5 star rating out of a possible 5 stars.

» » The goal in this case was to rebuild a conservative hair line and
» frontal
» » third whilst preserving his donor area because of future hair loss and
» the
» » fact he only has an average density in his donor. To his advantage his
» hair
» » characteristics help with this conservative approach, for example his
» hair
» » to skin colour is lower. Dr. B placed less than 2200 FUE in an area
» that
» » many times will need close to 3000 grafts.
» »
»
» This is a great example of a conservative approach that produced an
» excellent and natural result! The patient has enough donor for a teenage
» hairline but used common sense and saved much of it for later. Thus, it can
» be placed in a MUCH more overall meaningful and cosmetically pleasing
» manner than if it were used now. This particular HT fits into what I term
» the “smart transplant” category. I give this effort a 5 star rating out of
» a possible 5 stars.

this is what im looking for. his hairline looks good even if its a conservative approach. it doesnt look like he has got big temples. it just looks like a normal hairline.

I totally agree, classic conservative look that works extremely well for him.

It’s a good hair transplant but on an avergae scale. Not something I’d jump to.

That is NOT 1/3 of the scalp.

» I totally agree, classic conservative look that works extremely well for
» him.

Thank you for the comments, the approach was basically decided between patient and Doc. and with his hair characteristics seemed the most sensible. Although his donor density was not poor he did have a higher degree of miniaturisation and especially in the lower area, around the back of the ears and dropping to the nape. This made it ill advised to harvest from there and reduced the surface area of the donor so after discussion, a few different hair line designs this plan was decided on.

Appreciated this approach some may not find appealing, open temples no thick wall of hair in the immediate front line but the fact is he never had that in the first place, did not want it now and even if he did would have not been appropriate when looking at his interests in the future. He’s a young man, mid/late 20’s and many want to achieve the look of no hair loss, some want to take it further and maybe even design better than before hair loss. This comes at a price and in some cases a high price. Because hair loss is emotive it’s easy to wish for more now, be careful sometimes wishes come true today and become nightmares in the future.

Because hair loss is emotive it’s easy to wish for more now, be careful sometimes wishes come true today and become nightmares in the future.

Well said BHR!!!

» sometimes wishes come true today and become nightmares in the future.
»
» Well said BHR!!!

well said fuzzo, I’ve experienced that with a few girlfriends:-|

» That is a very nice result. What kind of density
» was used?

Really good work, maybe conservative but so natural, suits him well. Any idea of the density please

» » That is a very nice result. What kind of density
» » was used?
»
» Really good work, maybe conservative but so natural, suits him well. Any
» idea of the density please

Hi canadadry & goodluck, sorry for missing your question earlier.

There is obviously a minimum density of FU that needs to be placed to ensure the result looks solid but it is not the sole aspect that makes up the HT. The distribution of the grafts, single and multiple hair units is very important, if the person’s characteristics are good and as in this case hair to skin colour low also this can aid in being able to cover a larger surface area with fewer FU per cm2 and still achieve a natural result.

Nice work. Looks really good at the 7 month mark. Will only fill in more in the upcoming months.

» Nice work. Looks really good at the 7 month mark. Will only fill in more
» in the upcoming months.

Yes I agree its thick but still doesnt look natural…looks like an HT…i hate that look that u know its fake…but i guess thats our only option…:frowning:

»
» Appreciated this approach some may not find appealing, open temples no
» thick wall of hair in the immediate front line

Does this mean the temples were not closed at all or just with less density? The comb through pictures look like hair has been transplanted all the way.

This may be a good approach as many tranplants seem fine from the front but are ‘off’ at the temples.

I think this result looks very natural for the amount of grafts.

What is the minimum density so that the transplanted area is solid and not pluggy?

» Yes I agree its thick but still doesnt look natural…looks like an HT…i
» hate that look that u know its fake…but i guess thats our only
» option…:frowning:

what looks unatural about it? The pictures are not so clear , but I dont think it looks fake.:confused:

» »
» » Appreciated this approach some may not find appealing, open temples
» no
» » thick wall of hair in the immediate front line

»
» Does this mean the temples were not closed at all or just with less
» density? The comb through pictures look like hair has been transplanted all
» the way.
»
» This may be a good approach as many tranplants seem fine from the front
» but are ‘off’ at the temples.
»
» I think this result looks very natural for the amount of grafts.
»
» What is the minimum density so that the transplanted area is solid and not
» pluggy?

Hi hair4all,

Closing temples is a little different to the design Dr. Bisanga made here, it is always important to round off the temples to bite into the lateral hair otherwise you get an unnatural “bowl” type effect, just a flat round line; the hair line to the laterals is one line and each area has to marry with another to create a natural look, like we have achieved here. Closing temples is a little different, and can be very aggressive, for example this repair case we treated:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-30461.html

This involved creating the angle with the lateral to extend the hair line and “close the temple”.

“what looks unatural about it? The pictures are not so clear , but I dont think it looks fake.:confused:

Also what you have to appreciate is some guys are really not looking for this approach and may see it as unnatural, when ascetically there is obviously nothing unnatural about it but the result is just not what they are looking for. Possibly they look like him now and want to “close temples”, lower the hair line by a few cms and have a thicker heavier wall of hair in the immediate front line. Horses for courses in my opinion, as long as an educated view to harvesting is taken; possibly they confused their words, using “unnatural” but meaning, “not what I would like”.

» It’s a good hair transplant but on an avergae scale. Not something I’d
» jump to.
»
» That is NOT 1/3 of the scalp.

If you want the Armani front loading hairlines, then this does not compare, but if you want the “less is more” look without using up a large amount of your donor, this is as good as it gets with only 2000 grafts.