Dr Bisanga 1978 FUE 0-8 Months BHR Clinic

This case Dr Bisanga placed 1978 Follicular Units via FUE; Hair Line and Temple point design with good hair characteristics; pictures show design and immediately post op, then 3 & 9 days donor healing, 3 and 8 months growth with comparisons.

PRE OP DESIGN

POST OP PLACEMENT & DONOR HAIR

3 & 9 DAYS DONOR HEALING

3 MONTHS POST OP GROWTH

8 MONTHS POST OP GROWTH

COMPARISONS

How old is this patient?

» How old is this patient?

Why not get straight to the point - The question your actually asking is as he considered the future hairloss.

It does seem stupid to use all that hair along the hairline only.

Or am I missing something does hairloss stablise at a certain age,perhaps?I know the answer it doesn’t.

» » How old is this patient?
»
» Why not get straight to the point - The question your actually asking is
» as he considered the future hairloss.
»
» It does seem stupid to use all that hair along the hairline only.

:stuck_out_tongue: you read my mind. But it’s a valid point, his hair wasn’t that bad before it will be a disastrous if he continues to lose more hair after Bisanga brought his hairline down. I don’t even want to imagine what that may look like if it happens.

» » » How old is this patient?
» »
» » Why not get straight to the point - The question your actually asking
» is
» » as he considered the future hairloss.
» »
» » It does seem stupid to use all that hair along the hairline only.
»
» :stuck_out_tongue: you read my mind. But it’s a valid point, his hair wasn’t that bad
» before it will be a disastrous if he continues to lose more hair after
» Bisanga brought his hairline down. I don’t even want to imagine what that
» may look like if it happens.

I had that before hairline most of my twenties and early thirties,without even a thought about it.So yes I agree it wasn’t that bad before.

Firstly the patient was 39 at the time, his goal was to drop the central apex line a fraction and rebuild the temple points, with a high density.

In respect of future loss, of course this is a possibility at almost any age and he is well aware of this; at 39 there is a good chance aggressive hair loss is behind him. That combined with the fact his hair line was kept relative to his age and facial structure anyway, with the central apex 7.5cm and temple points 9cm above the brow, so it was hardly aggressive. With this in mind he has good hair characteristics and donor density to still treat future hair loss and he is well aware of the pros and cons.

Whether or not he needed is very much dependent on your perception and very personal; a NW4/6 would look at him and say he is greedy, nothing wrong with him, but for him he was not happy with his appearance; and a goal of a hair transplant is generally to make you feel better, and this was achieved here.

» Firstly the patient was 39 at the time, his goal was to drop the central
» apex line a fraction and rebuild the temple points, with a high density.
»
» In respect of future loss, of course this is a possibility at almost any
» age and he is well aware of this; at 39 there is a good chance aggressive
» hair loss is behind him. That combined with the fact his hair line was kept
» relative to his age and facial structure anyway, with the central apex
» 7.5cm and temple points 9cm above the brow, so it was hardly aggressive.
» With this in mind he has good hair characteristics and donor density to
» still treat future hair loss and he is well aware of the pros and cons.
»
» Whether or not he needed is very much dependent on your perception and
» very personal; a NW4/6 would look at him and say he is greedy, nothing
» wrong with him, but for him he was not happy with his appearance; and a
» goal of a hair transplant is generally to make you feel better, and this
» was achieved here.

Thanks for clearing that up.If he’s 39 he stands a good chance.

Yes personal choice is your own preference.

I wish I had that much hair when I was 39. Personally I would not lower the hairline, I would kill for hair like that. The good thing is that at least he didn’t get a strip, he can always buzz it down if he loses more hair. Had he chosen a strip he wouldn’t be able to get away with it if he starts losing more hair.

I think this is a really good result. Looks very natural!

» I think this is a really good result. Looks very natural!

That is a great looking donor site. It’s from 0.75 mm punch ?

Pretty good. I think fue is perfect for small touch up work like this. Anything over 2000 grafts will be better off done using strip.

» » I think this is a really good result. Looks very natural!
»
» That is a great looking donor site. It’s from 0.75 mm punch ?

Hi stitchmeup,

Yes, the majority of the extractions were made with a 0.75mm extraction punch due to the nature of the restoration, hair line. The patient required a 0.8mm for the odd large follicular group because of his hair characteristics but this was rare. Unless the patient has well above average characteristics will a larger punch than discussed be required.

nice work

» nice work

Thanks Patrick, it is appreciated;

The patient is very happy with his result and achieved everything he wanted; more defined and less diffused hair line replaced with density and improved temple points to helping to frame his face the way he desired.

Wow, this is classic receding hairline almost like mine. What products have he tried before? Personally I would hit it hard with 12% minox and Propecia before getting a transplant.

» Wow, this is classic receding hairline almost like mine. What products have
» he tried before? Personally I would hit it hard with 12% minox and Propecia
» before getting a transplant.

Agreed ipod, meds can be an important part of restoration and preservation of existing hair but I think it would be asking a little much of any to regrow a hair line to any extent, especially to the extent he was looking to achieve in temple points and density.