Dr. Angela Christiano: HM 5-10 years "the best-case scenario"

I realize this interview is over a year old (Sept. 2008), but I think the facts here are still valid . . .

» I realize this interview is over a year old (Sept. 2008), but I think the
» facts here are still valid . . .
»
» The Future of Cloning and Hair Loss – NBC Chicago

Neither Follica or Histogen are looking to clone hair.

» » I realize this interview is over a year old (Sept. 2008), but I think
» the
» » facts here are still valid . . .
» »
» »
»
» Neither Follica or Histogen are looking to clone hair.

True. But ARI - the closest thing to production - is, and they’re in stage II trials, so I’d say her timeline is pretty spot-on. Inside 10 years to commercial availability if everything goes according to plan.

» » » I realize this interview is over a year old (Sept. 2008), but I think
» » the
» » » facts here are still valid . . .
» » »
» » »
» »
» »
» » Neither Follica or Histogen are looking to clone hair.
»
» True. But ARI - the closest thing to production - is, and they’re in
» stage II trials, so I’d say her timeline is pretty spot-on. Inside 10
» years to commercial availability if everything goes according to plan.

But no one knows what Follica are doing behind closed doors, they’re completely silent so we don’t know where they’re up to. Histogen have said there’s a possibility they will be able to bring something out in Asia in the next couple of years, so that’s another option that could be available sooner.

I’m not disputing what the Dr said about Hair cloning, I just don’t think they will be the first with a treatment.

Hmmm… lets examine why you’d choose this article.
a) it’s a legitimate piece from legitimate sources that speaks fondly of current HT options
b) it conveniatently bundles all hair restoration research into the cloning camp… ignoring WNT research, and stemcell development (Follica & Histogen).

I’m not surprised you’d chose this article to shill HTs; kudos for a well played shill move.

» Hmmm… lets examine why you’d choose this article.
» a) it’s a legitimate piece from legitimate sources that speaks fondly of
» current HT options
» b) it conveniatently bundles all hair restoration research into the
» cloning camp… ignoring WNT research, and stemcell development (Follica &
» Histogen).
»
» I’m not surprised you’d chose this article to shill HTs; kudos for a well
» played shill move.

what are you trying to say? that roger_that is an advocate of HTs? personally… i found the interview quite interesting… and to me it sounds honest.

what is suprising is that she doesnt speak of the current players.she speaks like she is earlier in time and talking about the basics…the known case of the guy who transplanted cells into his wife arm and it grew etc. somehow this article looks older than it says.doesnt she know that there are players allready in clinical trials right now?

» what are you trying to say? that roger_that is an advocate of HTs?
» personally… i found the interview quite interesting… and to me it sounds
» honest.

roger_that is an advocate of HTs.

Usually he’s more transparent with his shill-tactics, but this time around he really stepped-up his game. He used a legitimate article to push his dishonest agenda (exhaust people of hope so they get an HT now).

Consider that of all the articles floating around he chose one that puts HTs in a positive light. The article is also dated, and it ignores tech pursued by Follica/ Histogen in favor of Cell Multiplication (like the failing tech pursued by InterCytex).

But, in September 2008 Aderans hadn’ t announced the launch of the second phase, did it?

Saying “We’re nowhere near HM” because we’re nowhere near cloning hair follicles . . .

This is sort of like a writer saying, “Mankind is nowhere near being able to put a sattelite into orbit” and then listing a whole bunch of reasons why we are nowhere near inventing anti-gravity rocket boosters.

It’s true that we can’t build anti-gravity boosters. Those facts are legit.

However, the article writer is leaving out one particular detail: Other less-exotic rocket propulsion methods have already been working fine to get us into orbit for the last 50 years.

It’s true - we’re nowhere near cloning hair follicles commercially to treat MPB. But cloning follicles is not the only method that is being researched & developed to commercially treat MPB these days.

It’s true - we’re nowhere near cloning hair follicles commercially to treat MPB. But cloning follicles is not the only method that is being researched & developed to commercially treat MPB these days.

No doubt. It’s pathetic how that asswipe skews data in favor of HTs.

»
» It’s true - we’re nowhere near cloning hair follicles commercially to
» treat MPB. But cloning follicles is not the only method that is being
» researched & developed to commercially treat MPB these days.

»
»
» No doubt. It’s pathetic how that asswipe skews data in favor of HTs.

“Hermeneutic of Suspicion”. Cheers to you dude for not taking things at face value. Especially! on these forums. It’s 80% shill infested, and I’d say roger is the captain of one of those shill teams. If you got to his original posts he writes as if he barely speaks English or just a pathetic writer in general in the English language. Recently I notice some of his posts leave me flabbergasted with the medical terminology he uses, the perfect grammar, and almost “scholarly-like” written. wtf is up with that?

Moving along…

» » Hmmm… lets examine why you’d choose this article.
» » a) it’s a legitimate piece from legitimate sources that speaks fondly
» of
» » current HT options
» » b) it conveniatently bundles all hair restoration research into the
» » cloning camp… ignoring WNT research, and stemcell development
» (Follica &
» » Histogen).
» »
» » I’m not surprised you’d chose this article to shill HTs; kudos for a
» well
» » played shill move.
»
» what are you trying to say? that roger_that is an advocate of HTs?
» personally… i found the interview quite interesting… and to me it sounds
» honest.

After reading your accusations against roger_that i have to agree with you guys… he does constantly seem to downplay any research developments in favor of HTs. I wonder what his motivation is…

» After reading your accusations against roger_that i have to agree with you
» guys… he does constantly seem to downplay any research developments in
» favor of HTs. I wonder what his motivation is…

Hair Transplants are a strong option and getting stronger. With the latest technology, HT is no longer a gamble. It’s an art, and many guys are regaining a lost sense of self-confidence through judicious use of hair transplants. While a hair transplant is not for everyone, today’s doctors are expanding the scope of HT so that more and more people are choosing it… and getting excellent results.

» » After reading your accusations against roger_that i have to agree with
» you
» » guys… he does constantly seem to downplay any research developments in
» » favor of HTs. I wonder what his motivation is…
»
» Hair Transplants are a strong option and getting stronger. With the
» latest technology, HT is no longer a gamble. It’s an art, and many guys
» are regaining a lost sense of self-confidence through judicious use of hair
» transplants. While a hair transplant is not for everyone, today’s doctors
» are expanding the scope of HT so that more and more people are choosing
» it… and getting excellent results.

If HTs are an art than you must be a starving artist… one lost commission away from giving BJs in the alley to cover your rent.

» I realize this interview is over a year old (Sept. 2008), but I think the
» facts here are still valid . . .
»

The article you linked was published in 2008, but what year did the interview actually take place?

" Last year, a paper was published in Nature which showed that between a different donor and a different recipient, those particular cells could be implanted in the forearm of the recipient"

That paper was published in 1999. So according to the timeline given in the interview, HM is right around the corner.

Trans-gender induction of hair follicles
Amanda J. Reynolds; Clifford Lawrence; Peter B. Cserhalmi-Friedman; Angela M. Christiano; Colin Jahoda. Nature Volume 402 Number 6757 Page 033 - 34 (1999)