Does PRP treatment work? (Stem cell injection)

I am considering doing the PRP treatment. Stem cell injection. Did anyone try it and what were the result?

PRP is NOT stem cell injections! Who told you that?

PRP is “Platelet Rich Plasma”. It’s your own blood plasma centrifuged down to have a high concentration of platelets. Platelets are not stem cells. They’re not even related to stem cells in any way. Platelets aid in clotting of the blood and wound healing.

It looks like someone may be misinforming you.

Does PRP work?

It works helping wound healing in a hair transplant. It does NOT grow new hair!

Roger is right, it is cell based but definitely not stem cell. I think it’s not cheap, what makes you think PRP is what you need? Who is giving you the treatment and how much are they charging? Personally I am not sure if it 's worth it. Remember, even if it works, the results are temporary and you have to keep going back for maintenance.

nyclife, can you tell us what doctor you were planning to visit for PRP treatment?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
nyclife, can you tell us what doctor you were planning to visit for PRP treatment?[/quote]

It sounds like he is from New York, the first doctor that comes to mind is Dr Hitzig in New York.

It is not good to see tens of hairs go every single day because abnormal hair loss can result in baldness. The hair care experts often suggest platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment if a person is suffering from extreme hair loss.

Never heard that before. Clinics treat all types of hairloss with PRP, even ones that are far from extreme.

nyclife,
PRP works BUT not for hair regrowth.
It is given in dental and ortho procedures to hasten wound healing.

There is not a single study or even a case report published in a reputable peer reviewed, indexed medical journal, where all they have to do is inject PRP in only a part of the balding area and show the comparison result with the area not injected with prp.

I hope that helps.

Dr. A is absolutely right. There is no proof that PRP grows any new hair or revives any miniaturized hair.

And I agree.

Taking blood spinning it down separates the red and white cells from the plasma rich fluid.

Whats in that plasma rich fluid…?

DHT…The stuff that makes your hair fall out in the first place

Does that make sense…NO

Dr Ray Woods

1 Like

I should add, the DHT only makes your hair fall out IF your follicle membrane has “RECEPTORS”

Its a lock and key thing, but in a bad way

It depends upon genetics inheritance etc

Plenty of guys out there with full heads of hair , 3 or 4 ex wives and 10 kids

Plenty of guys out there bald, with 3 or 4 ex wives , and 10 kids

So,choose your parents wisely if you want the hair…the shlong, ,or both

Dr Ray Woods`

Thank you Dr. A.

According to my opinion PRP therapy works for hair fall.i have seen some people who has done PRP Treatment.