Does anyone know this doctor?

Hello there,
I just bumped into this site … I had a look at it and I have to admit that the before and after look really good. I was wondering if any of you is familiar with doctor Ziering.

The opinion of people like hairtech would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s the link
http://www.zieringmedical.com/MediaResources/PhotoGallery/Men/tabid/153/Default.aspx

Dr. Zeiring is quite a popular doctor in Europe but I do not know his particulars. I will ask my friend who knows more about him and get back to you.

Thanks for your prompt reply hairtech. Your help is very much appreciated.

One thing I noticed is that the vast majority of patients have gone for FUE with pretty good results both in terms of undectability and coverage.

He calims to have 10000 hair transplants under his belt (???) which I find pretty hard to believe.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Ya that is hard to believe. I emailed my friend for you about Zeiring. I figured Marco would have answered by now.

» Ya that is hard to believe. I emailed my friend for you about Zeiring. I
» figured Marco would have answered by now.

he is in California and I have never heard of them. It just shows how many surgeons are producing good results nowadays. consistency is always the question.

He was one of many doctors I met with in 2001-2002. He was the lead surgeon in. N.Y.C. for M.H.R. He said at the time Fue was all smoke and mirrors.(yeah right) And wanted to put 2500 grafts in a area that only needed 1100 to get the job done. Plus after seeing 3 patients live was not impressed with his work. I would suggest if you like the photos . Next step is a live consultation with him. Maybe he will spend all of 10 min with you. That was my experience with him.

And to add to what Franklin said… He is someone we should stay away from. My friend knows everyone and he said exactly what Franklin said. And what Marco said.

Thanks guys for the very helpful information.

15 years ago people were forced to take a leap of faith and hope and pray that their HT surgeon was up to the task in hand. As we know, most of the times HT procedures turned out to be spectacular failures. Now thanks to you guys and very honest and supportive people like hairtech those days are definetely over. HT doctors today have to face to the fact that more and more people are using the net and forums such as this one to find out who’s good and who’s crap.

It’s not much. But it’s a start… Boy It feels good to know you are there!

Dr. Z, did one strip on me back in 2004.

He bought his Beverly Hills practice from Dr. Peterson who performed 15 strips on me going back to 1992.
I know, some kind of record.

The scar isn’t great but I was in pretty bad shape back there already.
The grafts grew well and his professionalism/staff was top notch from what I could see.
He’s gone a bit “Hollywood” lately but not a hack in any way.
The guy has done a lot of strips and he himself had work done on his head from another clinic.

However, he compared FUE to plugs and asked me if I wanted scars all over my chest from BHT.
Mind you, this was in 2004, so maybe he was wise to warn me at the time.
Things, luckily, have changed since then.

The other negative was that he said he could take one or two more strips from a guy (me) who already had 16. That was when I really stared researching FUE and BHT.

This rest is history.
So far so good. Phew.

I do believe there are better strip clinics out there though.
His claim to have done 10,000 may be true.
Remember, he worked for a big clinic for years before taking over a smaller clinic.
Also, strip clinics can do many patients in a day, thus boosting the numbers.

If I was just starting down the HT path and really believed strip was the ONLY option for me to get good results, I’d go to H&W. But these days, I would hope a virgin head would go FUE first with rare exception.

Don’t rush in.
My 2 cents.

Thank you sofarsogood for sharing this information with us. I appreciate it.

(16 strip ??? that sure is record mate!!!)

Damn I love the Internet; it’s the only place where the truth cannot be hidden. By the time Hairsite deletes the posts countless numbers of members store the info in their minds ready to release it the next time a certain docs name is raised. Not to mention the millions of ghost readers who read the info & stay away from certain docs.
A single post from a person can expose a clinics fake image.
I LOVE IT !
A certain doc who has been worshipped on this forum for years (for no good reason) has taken a real beating lately.A beating that will surely hurt his pocket.
The balance of power has changed.The Internet is giving patients the justice that the courts fail to give.

Damon, I love your posts… And to add to your post. What go around comes around and it isn’t all the way around yet. I wish posts were deleted so often though.

He did work on me (strip) in 2001 when he was at MHR in Oakbrook IL. The result seems good by 2001 standards, many singles, most seemed to live, scar not bad. I’ve had 6 procedures by various docs and found the result from him to have the least total volume improvement to my hair for the price (lots of singles to the hairline before FUE was available and they charged like $6 per graft), but also the least scaring both in donor and recipient. He is likely one of the better choices out there, at least for strip, FWIW. I should point out that the techs did 100% of the placement, but he did poke in occasionally to see how they were doing, and inspect their final results. He absolutely fell into the category of trying to help the patients rather than just line his pockets… although I’m sure he accomplished both.

» Hello there,
» I just bumped into this site … I had a look at it and I have to admit
» that the before and after look really good. I was wondering if any of you
» is familiar with doctor Ziering.
»
» The opinion of people like hairtech would be greatly appreciated.
»
» Here’s the link
» http://www.zieringmedical.com/MediaResources/PhotoGallery/Men/tabid/153/Default.aspx

» He did work on me (strip) in 2001 when he was at MHR in Oakbrook IL. The
» result seems good by 2001 standards, many singles, most seemed to live,
» scar not bad. I’ve had 6 procedures by various docs and found the result
» from him to have the least total volume improvement to my hair for the
» price (lots of singles to the hairline before FUE was available and they
» charged like $6 per graft), but also the least scaring both in donor and
» recipient. He is likely one of the better choices out there, at least for
» strip, FWIW. I should point out that the techs did 100% of the placement,
» but he did poke in occasionally to see how they were doing, and inspect
» their final results. He absolutely fell into the category of trying to
» help the patients rather than just line his pockets… although I’m sure
» he accomplished both.
»
»
»
» » Hello there,
» » I just bumped into this site … I had a look at it and I have to
» admit
» » that the before and after look really good. I was wondering if any of
» you
» » is familiar with doctor Ziering.
» »
» » The opinion of people like hairtech would be greatly appreciated.
» »
» » Here’s the link
» »
» http://www.zieringmedical.com/MediaResources/PhotoGallery/Men/tabid/153/Default.aspx

Dont let location determine where you are going to get you HT, check out someo of the top docs if your considering an HT like Armani, Cole, H&W, fellar