Does anyone know (how could anyone)? Thoughts?

My transplant this time around grew in much quicker. A lot of grafts didn’t shed and continued to grow. At the 6 month mark, I’m not much better than I was at the 4 month mark. I think (can’t know for sure) that some of the grafts have shed since the 4 month mark.

Questions are, after a transplant:

1. What % of grafts don’t shed after a transplant?

2. of the grafts that don’t shed, when will they experience their first shed.

I guess I’ve noticed this time around that some hairs (I believe) have shed just recently and wonder if this is unusual? I would think that this is another reason for the so often mentioned 1 year mark?

Interesting… Where did you have your transplant?

» Interesting… Where did you have your transplant?

I had my transplant with Dr A. Most were body hair. I think it is interesting that some people get instant growth and others shed almost completely. Typically in scalp hair, there is about a 90 resting period before a new hair emerges.

I thought it would be interesting to know if anyone had thoughts or evidence to say how long (time-wise) the hair would grow if it did not shed initially.

The reason why I asked is because I have seen “no shedding” also come from FUE. It was noticeable to me but others have debated with me to no end. Dr. A apparently performs an FUE variation, so this sort of goes with my thoughts on no shedding.

» The reason why I asked is because I have seen “no shedding” also come from
» FUE. It was noticeable to me but others have debated with me to no end.
» Dr. A apparently performs an FUE variation, so this sort of goes with my
» thoughts on no shedding.

Im pretty sure that body hair just takes longer to shed so i think that everything is normal there.