Do you still hope/count on a near HM?

Nobody, including me, is trying to say that anything is gonna take 10 years if they’re already well into phase#2. Of course it won’t take that long unless there are further setbacks. If phase #2 is finished then it’s plenty realistic to think they could bang their way through phase#3 in only 3-4 more years, maybe even 2 years.

But starting from a pre-trials sitation, where the FDA has not yet been satisfied about any of the 3 stages? Give it most of a decade.

You can reason that it doesn’t have to be this way because studies can be rushed or whatever. But the real-world outcomes of the trials bear this out over and over again, for many different kinds of drugs.

I think,it is 1 Block away

» I think,it is 1 Block away

No, it’s already available in Europe. You can buy a HM DIY set in Lidl. You’ll find it between the new potatoes and Beaujolais Nouveau. It’s on special offer this week-end only.

» » I think,it is 1 Block away
»
» No, it’s already available in Europe. You can buy a HM DIY set in Lidl.
» You’ll find it between the new potatoes and Beaujolais Nouveau. It’s on
» special offer, but only this week-end.

Back in 2002 I had a consultation with Dr Lee and he said HM was 3 to 5 years away. Well, 7 years later, doesnt look any closer to back then. I remember thinking the cynics back then were crazy, but now I see where they’re coming from.

» Back in 2002 I had a consultation with Dr Lee and he said HM was 3 to 5
» years away. Well, 7 years later, doesnt look any closer to back then. I
» remember thinking the cynics back then were crazy, but now I see where
» they’re coming from.

I totally agree and i believe that good news will come out of nowhere and it wont be from these hm companies.all these years this hm thing has been a failure after failure and i dont think a research from a wig company will do it. But can we do?have a transplant and take propecia forever hoping that hairloss wont progress…lol noooooo thanx.i ll wait for something better.afterall the real breakthrough in transplants was propecia and then all surgeons went wild with our donors

may be something will happen in next 10 years,at the moment there is :frowning: NO hope.
:confused:

» » » Cosmetically unacceptable hairs were last decade’s problem.
» » » The HM efforts lately have tilted away from any of those issues and
» » » towards mehtods that more directly build on the body’s regenerative
» » » abilities. The corrent schemes involving dermal papillae cell
» » replacement,
» » » wounding-based regeneratio . . . these methods have showed none of
» » those
» » » problems with the characteristics of the hair being generated.
» »
» » pics ?
» search button ?

Sarcasm is the most common refuge of the weasel.

» Sarcasm is the most common refuge of the weasel.
Weasels don’t do sarcasm. They hunt rodents.
No wonder I intimidate you.

I’m looking more for a proof of concept.

I think there’s a bit too much of a preoccupation with the FDA. Guess what guys – there are millions of men in Europe, China, Japan, India, Canada, Russia, willing to pay top dollar if something like Aderans or Follica can hit pay dirt. And those trials could go by a lot faster than the FDA ones in the US.

So I’m sure they would apply and go through the FDA procedure, but I can’t see a company like Aderans especially (owned by a Japanese parent company) sitting around just ignoring the majority balding/bald demographic … which is outside of the USA.

If they can actually get something that works, and it doesn’t kill the test subjects or give them cancer or something like that within a year’s time, I could see them fast tracking into other markets while waiting on US approval.

Truth is, if they did have proof of concept and sat around waiting for the FDA to give them approval for like 7-8 years of trials, odds are a company in China or India would quickly try and duplicate their work and beat them to the punch overseas.

» Back in 2002 I had a consultation with Dr Lee and he said HM was 3 to 5
» years away. Well, 7 years later, doesnt look any closer to back then. I
» remember thinking the cynics back then were crazy, but now I see where
» they’re coming from.

I totally agree and i believe that good news will come out of nowhere and it wont be from these hm companies.all these years this hm thing has been a failure after failure and i dont think a research from a wig company will do it. But can we do?have a transplant and take propecia forever hoping that hairloss wont progress…lol noooooo thanx.i ll wait for something better.afterall the real breakthrough in transplants was propecia and then all surgeons went wild with our donors

In 2002 ICX was the only HM method in clinical trails and it had barely started. It defied common sense for Dr. Lee or anyone else to expect them to be on the market in 5 years, never mind the idea of 3 years.

This is what I’m talking about all the time. Nobody ever seems to make any distinction between a project that’s actually falling behind versus one that is just failing to meet timeline projections that were never realistic in the first place.

» Acell? Show me where to get it (powdered form) and I’ll try it tomorrow.

I don’t know where you are, and if you want to do it by yourself exclusively, but I told you that I would contact Dr.Jones, the abrasion+acell procedure should be far much easier than the one that boy had.

Yeah, I’m nowhere near Dr. Jones. And I’m not sure I’d wanna deal with him anyway.

The truth is any HT clinic would have a severe conflict of interest in doing an abrasion & powder experiment. They’d be working to put themselves out of business.

But that’s the deal. I’ve thought about trying to gauze-type matrixes and I still might. But the few stories of great skin effects seem to be from using the powdered form. So even if the guaze-based stuff fails to work I don’t think the question should really be put to rest until the powdered form is tried as well.

» If they can actually get something that works, and it doesn’t kill the
» test subjects or give them cancer or something like that within a year’s
» time, I could see them fast tracking into other markets while waiting on US
» approval.
»
» Truth is, if they did have proof of concept and sat around waiting for the
» FDA to give them approval for like 7-8 years of trials, odds are a company
» in China or India would quickly try and duplicate their work and beat them
» to the punch overseas.

They’re not sitting around waiting for the FDA to give them approval. The trials ARE the proof of concept. How are they going to have a proof of concept unless they try their technology on humans in clinical trials?

» Yeah, I’m nowhere near Dr. Jones. And I’m not sure I’d wanna deal with him
» anyway.
»
» The truth is any HT clinic would have a severe conflict of interest in
» doing an abrasion & powder experiment. They’d be working to put themselves
» out of business.
»
» But that’s the deal. I’ve thought about trying to gauze-type matrixes and
» I still might. But the few stories of great skin effects seem to be from
» using the powdered form. So even if the guaze-based stuff fails to work I
» don’t think the question should really be put to rest until the powdered
» form is tried as well.

If you do an abrasion and use the powder won’t it just heal the skin faster than usual, it won’t be deep enough to regenerate the follicle so it would just regenerate the bald skin wouldn’t it.

None of the wounding-based HM methods involve going more than maybde 1mm down, tops. The existing follicles are something like 4mm down. And that’s for methods that involve building a whole new follicle.

Given that, I don’t see how it’s crazy to think a 1mm wound might be capable of causing the existing follicles to heal themselves to a positive extent with the right chemical encouragement.

I’m not trying to argue that this is extremely likely to work. I’m just saying we’d be idiots to wait another 5 or 10 or 15 years for HM without even bothering to test the Acell powder on abrasion wounds.

» None of the wounding-based HM methods involve going more than maybde 1mm
» down, tops. The existing follicles are something like 4mm down. And
» that’s for methods that involve building a whole new follicle.
»
» Given that, I don’t see how it’s crazy to think a 1mm wound might be
» capable of causing the existing follicles to heal themselves to a positive
» extent with the right chemical encouragement.
»
»
»
» I’m not trying to argue that this is extremely likely to work. I’m just
» saying we’d be idiots to wait another 5 or 10 or 15 years for HM without
» even bothering to test the Acell powder on abrasion wounds.

I think it’s great if someone has a go at home, i just wasn’t sure about the best way to go about it.

» True enough, but consider I was talking to hanging.
» He considers that decade a failure because none of the research teams
» personally addressed him with an individualized progress report and a
» slideshow of before/ after photos.
»
» Anyways, I don’t want to start another argument. Let’s just say that some
» people feel better thinking a cure’s within reach while others feel better
» demeaning anything foreign to their mindset.

Yes, I was aiming at strengthening your argument there. :wink: