Do you regret your HT

Im 25 years old, thnning at the temples n a bit behind the middle. been in propecai n minox for 3 years.
Im thinking of getting an fue, i will be seein Dr Keser for this. I need 2000 grafs.

I know we have nothing for at least 4 - 5 years minimum. Does anyone regret their HT if so why?

I’ve not had a hair transplant and probably won’t until I’m about age 45. The later the better. I’m in my early 30s. The reason is I don’t know to what level of baldness my genetics is going to take me and how fast.

I suggest you don’t have a HT at such a young age. Certainly not before age 38 lets say. If your genes are such that you will progress to norwood 6 eventually, a HT would be a disaster. You’d have hairs on your head here and there looking like an army of insects had eaten through it. It will look downright silly as your hair falls out.

Then you will be on a HT treadmill paying thousands of dollars to have procedure after procedure just to fix the situation.

Whatever you do, please do NOT have a STRIP transplant at any time ever. That is the worst mistake you can ever make. Because with a strip transplant, you lose the option to shave your head - the last decent option to any balding guy. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve run guys with HT disasters just wishing they had never had a HT in the first place. All they want is to be able to shave their head and almost all of them to a man say that as they got older their hair mattered less and less to them and they would gladly have a perfect shaved head than an imperfect hair transplant.

For at least a bald head is an honest head but a HT head which everyone can see looks wierd is a lie they have to conceal.

So many HT patients have posted such that right beside a message on a new guy asking about a HT, I’d see a message on a guy with HT asking ‘how do i get these transplanted hairs removed’.

So be careful. There are tons of unscrupulous and lazy doctors looking to do a strip transplant on you and put you on a transplant treadmill.

Stay on propecia and rogaine as long as you can and don’t make a hasty decision.

» Whatever you do, please do NOT have a STRIP transplant at any time ever.
» That is the worst mistake you can ever make. Because with a strip
» transplant, you lose the option to shave your head - the last decent option
» to any balding guy. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve run guys
» with HT disasters just wishing they had never had a HT in the first place.

Unfortunately, that’s me:

It's summertime, and I can't shave my head. :-( 

Anyway, READ what Freddie555 is telling you - he IS definitely right!

p.s.: Even I never had any HT’s, today I would WAIT for better options than ANY traditional HT procedure.

I went to supposedly “one of the best”. Up in Canada.
I regret getting an HT for several reasons.

1. FUE donor scarring, no head shaving under 6mm. I now shave the sides and the top with different guards. The cheese grated look is still slightly visible, to me, but luckily I have enough gray to blend it.

2. FUE placement scarring, under some lighting you can see the plants, and some what in un-natural “rows”. Also some unnatural direction.

3. You will still be losing hair around the plants. In 3-10 years you may only have odd plants here and there on your scalp. Then you are stuck having to shave every 1-3 days.

4. Chicks dont care. Practice your verbal charm, shave your head and workout. Be sincere with them and yourself. You can land any chick worth landing. If some dude tries to clown you, laugh at yourself but dont take any disrespect.

Overall advice, dont do it

Some good advice here aqlready given.

I love my transplant that Dr. Armani did for me, how my hair looks and the confidence it gave me. I am a much happier person.

Some things to know and think about, if you have a procedure in the front and you thin out in your mid scalp and crown, are you prepared to have another procedure in the future, pay for another one?

A hair transplant can be absolutely great if you plan for the future, go to a great doctor and get a natural looking result.

» I went to supposedly “one of the best”. Up in Canada.
» I regret getting an HT for several reasons.
»
» 1. FUE donor scarring, no head shaving under 6mm. I now shave the sides
» and the top with different guards. The cheese grated look is still slightly
» visible, to me, but luckily I have enough gray to blend it.
»
what do you mean 6mm? i thought with fue you could shave your head?

With FUE you’re supposed to be able to take it down to a short buzz. How short, that depends on the doc and the case. It’s not a lie for a doc to claim that FUE may enable a very short buzz afterwards, but it’s not always the actual result either. Punch size, lifetime number of grafts taken, individual patient situation, etc.

The size of the FUE punch used is varied depending on the circumstances and the number of hairs in the graft being taken. But the room for variation has also left room for lower quality work. Some docs are leaving holes more like 2mm across (the hole left behind will be larger than the chunk removed because of the round punch’s wall thickness) and still calling it “FUE” work. That is a lot more like minigrafting.

On the other hand, it’s not a crazy idea to suggest that erring on the side of using larger punches might help the average yield of the transplanted grafts. FUE is a complicated business with a lot of judgment calls.

Thanks for your advice guys. I was aware that i would need a future treatment in a few years time. I kinda hoping Histogen or Adreans would have made it by then, we all know what timelines are like.
Its so hard to accept when your a young guy.

Ive seen some of Dr Kesers work and it looks really good. I have a good job good friends in my life by when i see a tramp with a full head of hair i feel he has a lot more than me.

the successfull transplants that you see are mostly because the patient had tons of native hair or because propecia revived them. There are some great cases with a loooot of grafts but you still need propecia and most people dont have that much donor

There is always the same problem with transplants…the donor is finite that hasnt changed and because of that transplants can only do so much on their own. Most times they can do so little that are not worth the investiment if you can just buzz your head and be done with this thing.

The best thing you can do if you look ok with a buzzed head is to forget about this thing and you will be glad you did because…you wont have to take drugs for the rest of your life, you wont have to pay one procedure after the other chasing your hairloss, you will have a clean scalp and a pristine donor if something better comes along in the future, you will avoid all the procedures and hiding from the world for months each time with a red and then pink head.

MAke no mistake if you ahve the balls to accept that you are
balding and buzz them or shave them you will be healthier in the long run :wink:

p.s. oh and by the way dont believe everything you read in forums is the viral marketing heaven for clinics, they have people that are salesmen staying here forever playing the happy customers and post positive comments all the time…they are easy to spot if you pay attention, just research and research and dont let desperation be your guide

» the successfull transplants that you see are mostly because the patient had
» tons of native hair or because propecia revived them. There are some great
» cases with a loooot of grafts but you still need propecia and most people
» dont have that much donor
»
» There is always the same problem with transplants…the donor is finite
» that hasnt changed and because of that transplants can only do so much on
» their own. Most times they can do so little that are not worth the
» investiment if you can just buzz your head and be done with this thing.
»
» The best thing you can do if you look ok with a buzzed head is to forget
» about this thing and you will be glad you did because…you wont have to
» take drugs for the rest of your life, you wont have to pay one procedure
» after the other chasing your hairloss, you will have a clean scalp and a
» pristine donor if something better comes along in the future, you will
» avoid all the procedures and hiding from the world for months each time
» with a red and then pink head.
»
»
» MAke no mistake if you ahve the balls to accept that you are
» balding and buzz them or shave them you will be healthier in the long run
» :wink:
»
» p.s. oh and by the way dont believe everything you read in forums is the
» viral marketing heaven for clinics, they have people that are salesmen
» staying here forever playing the happy customers and post positive comments
» all the time…they are easy to spot if you pay attention, just research
» and research and dont let desperation be your guide

AGREE

Right Now you should consider the following

1. Can you live with propecia and Concealer for another 3 to 4 years

Answer should be YES

Let me tell you, you can consider a transplantation if Ari and all the others will fail, then you should really think about it ^^

But nevertheless you have the tima advantage on your side, you will definitly have a full head before you turn thirty ^^

Thanks for your advice guys, ill think i wait a bit longer

hi pats i’ve aquestion: i’m in the situation u stated (had astrip 1800 grafts and done the front and now need to go for mid and crown), my question is do i need to go for another strip at top clinic and get another strip for maximum use of donor? im thinkung for the future where hm will be available and i read that they take apiece from the donor, but what will happen if i’ll use all my donor?
i don’t wanna think that hm won’t be available for me because i’m done!!!

» hi pats i’ve aquestion: i’m in the situation u stated (had astrip 1800
» grafts and done the front and now need to go for mid and crown), my
» question is do i need to go for another strip at top clinic and get another
» strip for maximum use of donor? im thinkung for the future where hm will be
» available and i read that they take apiece from the donor, but what will
» happen if i’ll use all my donor?
» i don’t wanna think that hm won’t be available for me because i’m done!!!

Hello Zoran,

Being that you have already had strip you could go with either FUE or strip for your next procedure. It’s probably best to choose the doctor you like the absolute most.

If you have a 2nd procedure for say 3,000 grafts for the crown, strip of FUE it shouldn’t use all of your donor.