Do you hide your baldness?

just a question because the forum is so quiet latley. and im interested in it. do you hide it or did you anytime in past?

because i did. ya better said i always did. now im trying not to do that anymore since i discovered that since i dont try to hide it anymore i care more about my future. i dont know why that is, its a personal thing and it wont be possible to duplicate that but i just wanted to say it.

i still try to make it look good with a hair style which lets it look good and i got enough hair to do it. sometimes i even wear a hat. but the important point is, i dont always hide it anymore.

in past i tried to create an illusion of me as if i had still a full head of hair. stupid. because i think noone really cares. as long as you got still much of hair its anyway ok. i got diffuse thinning and i think you can make look diffuse thinning still look good (and not hide it completley).

i mean hiding something which you dont like on yourself is maybe not that bad. but if you line up everything in your life to it so that everything in your life is related to it and you try in every minute of your life to hide it with whatever effort it takes, thats not a good thing. and i did that!

i always was so scared that people would see me as balding. i always thought they would think im pityful and wouldnt respect me anymore. but that all wrong, they dont even care. or they dont even see it as i still have much hair.

i think every guy of you would see that i got hairloss but not the most people. they dont know about it so they dont see it. whatever, it doesnt matter, even if i was bald and would act normal, people would treat me nicely and would have respect in front of me. and i think thats what all is about. at least for me.

its even important that women have respect of you because that makes a big bonus point. and i dont think they got less respect of you if you have thin or no hair. only some people who got problems theirself see baldness as something bad or dont have respect of you because of it. but people like that you should avoid anyway.

i dont deny it. i got many mental problems myself and that was why i hided it. i think im on a good way though. its getting better and i dont hide my balding anymore so that s a good start.

thx for reading and if you think that my post was unneccary or doesnt match into this forum then please shut up! all others are welcome to post their thoughts.

I am never seen without a hat.I go to extremes to hide my shame: I have no friends or girlfriend,I never go to bars or clubs.This has been my life for many,many years.
People often ask me why I wear a hat all the time & some have asked to see my hair.Those questions make me want to kill some one ! I always change the subject or abuse the person & walk away.There not stupid,people know I am bald but I can’t help it.If you paid me a million dollars to walk down the street with out my hat I wouldn’t do it.HONESTLY ! The scarring on my head due to the strip surgery is worse then the balding itself.
You think u have mental problems ? Look at me,I should be in a nut house.
Even if HM comes out I think the mental damage that has been done to me cannot be repaired.
There are plenty of bald men out there,they have lives,wives & friends. Baldness hasn’t effected their lives in way & I adimre them for not being a weak minded,insecure fool like myself.

just shave your head and let people see the scars. If they ask what there from just lie.

If it was only that simple.

Well that’s sad actually, but I completely understand where you’re coming from.

You have what’s called body dysmorphic disorder surrounding your hair. I had the same thing before I started wearing a hair system (really good wig). I would seldom leave the house without my hat and when I did I used a lot of concealer (toppik) and prayed that someone wouldn’t notice. Even with Toppik in my hair looked like shite and the stuff made a serious mess.

Long story short I couldn’t even look at myself in the mirror without holding my hands over my hair, or parts of my hair that looked really bad, this is a classic sign of BDD.

I’m sure a lot of the guys here have it to a certain extent. My solution was to go the hair system route and now I commonly don’t wear a hat to work (work at a busy bar where people touch my hair commonly). I do still wear a hat sometimes, because at my age its nice to wear hats sometimes anyway.

If you’re at the point where you’re becoming afraid to leave your house, or compromising your career desires without a hat (I was there) I’d check out a hair system, it’s worked pretty well for me and i’m 24, got rid of my BDD, would cover up those scars (but still isn’t the perfect solution obviously).

» Well that’s sad actually, but I completely understand where you’re coming
» from.
»
» You have what’s called body dysmorphic disorder surrounding your hair. I
» had the same thing before I started wearing a hair system (really good
» wig). I would seldom leave the house without my hat and when I did I used
» a lot of concealer (toppik) and prayed that someone wouldn’t notice. Even
» with Toppik in my hair looked like shite and the stuff made a serious
» mess.
»
» Long story short I couldn’t even look at myself in the mirror without
» holding my hands over my hair, or parts of my hair that looked really bad,
» this is a classic sign of BDD.
»
» I’m sure a lot of the guys here have it to a certain extent. My solution
» was to go the hair system route and now I commonly don’t wear a hat to
» work (work at a busy bar where people touch my hair commonly). I do still
» wear a hat sometimes, because at my age its nice to wear hats sometimes
» anyway.
»
» If you’re at the point where you’re becoming afraid to leave your house,
» or compromising your career desires without a hat (I was there) I’d check
» out a hair system, it’s worked pretty well for me and i’m 24, got rid of
» my BDD, would cover up those scars (but still isn’t the perfect solution
» obviously).

If you had BDD, you would be constantly worrying about people knowing your a hairpiece on. Not working and having a life with one. Some people say the worry about “do people know” is worse.

Do NOT get a hair system. I’ve been there and it looks great…for a week or so. Then bingo! Paranoia and suicidal thoughts. And the damn thing starts to LOOK like a wig! Do NOT do it!
I shave my head now and get attention from a lot of girls. Youngest girl I took home was 18! No, I’m not entirely happy being bald but I try to force confidence to exude the idea that I’m happy. My body is in great shape and I stick a bit of false tan on and I can look fantastic.
Oh and I’m the ripe old age of 42.

I did try a piece once,it was a joke.Very uncomfortable & despite costing thousands of dollars it looked like a birds nest.
I wish i could shave my head,I wish I started shaving when I was a teen so i could have avoided all this.It’s to late to start shaving now,I have a very bad scar thanks to strip.My head will look even worse shaved.
I don’t have a mental disorder that a shrink could define.No Medication or councelling will help me.I am just one of many people that has been butchered by a surgeon.
I need HM & I don’t see that happening any time soon : (

Damon, have you ever looked into getting a repair procedure with a respectable doc?

How do you repair a scar that so many surgeons describe as unrepairable?
The only solution out there right now might be bht. Even that is a long shot. If it wasn’t so damn expensive maybe I would give it a go.
I think the jury is still out on bht. There have been so many conflicting reports on this board regarding bht that I have huge doubts in regards to its success, especially in scar tissue.
Even some of the “Before” & “After”photos of bht posted on this board are questionable.
Then there’s the issue of scaring on the body.
I’m afraid the only time I will have peace is when my ticker stops beating…

What about FUE?

With FUE the doc could extract hair around the scar, and implant into the scar as well as recipient sites.

I’m not a candidate for FUE.The scar is huge & will require allot of hair to cover,I still have to cover my crown,front & hairline.I cannot spare that much scalp hair.BHT is my only choice.
The butcher did a real number on me.
If i didn’t have the scar I would have done FUE yesturday.

Do you have any hair on top? Are you on any treatments? I think that you should be hopeful with BHT, there ARE people who have gotten pretty good results.

There was that one guy who used to wear a wig and then Dr. Umar or Dr. A (can’t remember which one) gave him a crap load of hair back…

Hats?

» Do you have any hair on top? Are you on any treatments? I think that you
» should be hopeful with BHT, there ARE people who have gotten pretty good
» results.
»
» There was that one guy who used to wear a wig and then Dr. Umar or Dr. A
» (can’t remember which one) gave him a crap load of hair back…

I saw that but if you read his posts careful, you can tell he works for or is somehow associated with Dr. Umar.

» » Do you have any hair on top? Are you on any treatments? I think that
» you
» » should be hopeful with BHT, there ARE people who have gotten pretty
» good
» » results.
» »
» » There was that one guy who used to wear a wig and then Dr. Umar or Dr.
» A
» » (can’t remember which one) gave him a crap load of hair back…
»
» I saw that but if you read his posts careful, you can tell he works for or
» is somehow associated with Dr. Umar.

Even if he does work for Dr. Umar, who cares, he still got excellent results in my opinion.

» Even if he does work for Dr. Umar, who cares, he still got excellent
» results in my opinion.

If you’re talking about “Heliboy”, I can most certainly assure you that he is not working for Dr. Umar- he’s just one ecstatic individual in regards to the outcome of his procedure. I know since I have talked to him personally.
Hell, if my BHT turns out with results that meet or exceed my expectations, most of you will probably assume that I’m on Dr. Umar’s payroll also.

» I am never seen without a hat.I go to extremes to hide my shame:

I cringe at the thought of going anywhere without a hat.

I’m a NW7 and shave my head slick bald with a razor. Unfortunately, I’ve got brown spots on my head and getting more every month. My father is a fcking idiot. Now I look just like him. GRRR! He’s got ugly spots all over his head. I am destined, too. Being bald is bad enough. Being bald with brown spots on your head is even worse.

I went to high school with a guy who died at 23 years old. He had an embolism or anyeurism or something and just dropped dead on the spot. He was a good looking guy (I guess), terrific head of hair, was popular with the ladies, and his parents made sure he had nice everything. Even though he died young, he lived a much better life than I have.

I’ll never understand why I am doomed to live this bald hell and some good looking guy with a full head of hair drops dead. It should have been the other way around.