Do you guys think that PGD2 inhibition could cause gyno?

keep in mind that antiandrogens cause gyno in men and hair growth.

If PGD2 inhibition causes hair growth downstream of the androgens does that mean that it’s just as possible that PGD2 inhibition downstream of the androgens could cause gyno?

Anti-androgen therapy can reverse hair loss and it can also cause:

1. male impotence

2. male gyno (breast enlargement)

3. male loss of libido.

If anti-androgens cause gyno, loss of libido, and impotence by increasing PGD2 then using a drug like OC could cause the same unwanted gyno and sexual side effects as anti-androgens. What is the pathway from the androgens to male breast size, potency, and libido??? Are the prostaglandins involved at all in this pathway? If they are involved in that pathway then that could be a real problem.

I’m hoping that the pathway to hair loss from the androgens forks off at some point from the pathway to the male breast size/libio/potency pathway.

It has been established that PGD2 has a halftime of roughly 6 seconds. It is rather ridiculous to think that inhibition of PGD2 production or CTH2 receptor binding in the human scalp would have any effect on man boobs.

» What is the pathway from the androgens to male breast size, potency, and
» libido??? Are the prostaglandins involved at all in this pathway?
» If they are involved in that pathway then that could be a real problem.

Yea, that would be ridiculous but that’s not what I’m wondering. I’m wondering if PGD2 might bind to receptors in the breast tissue and testes and produce the sexual side effects and feminization of the male body that occurs when a man takes oral antiandrogens.

» It has been established that PGD2 has a halftime of roughly 6 seconds. It
» is rather ridiculous to think that inhibition of PGD2 production or CTH2
» receptor binding in the human scalp would have any effect on man boobs.
»
»
» » What is the pathway from the androgens to male breast size, potency, and
» » libido??? Are the prostaglandins involved at all in this pathway?
»
» » If they are involved in that pathway then that could be a real problem.

» Yea, that would be ridiculous but that’s not what I’m wondering. I’m
» wondering if PGD2 might bind to receptors in the breast tissue and testes
» and produce the sexual side effects and feminization of the male body that
» occurs when a man takes oral antiandrogens.
»
»
»
»
» » It has been established that PGD2 has a halftime of roughly 6 seconds.
» It
» » is rather ridiculous to think that inhibition of PGD2 production or CTH2
» » receptor binding in the human scalp would have any effect on man boobs.
» »
» »
» » » What is the pathway from the androgens to male breast size, potency,
» and
» » » libido??? Are the prostaglandins involved at all in this
» pathway?

» »
» » » If they are involved in that pathway then that could be a real problem.

What you say is not possible because PGD2s are not related to androgens. Let’s say you’re using a PGD2 blocker: this means that you’re not playing with your hormones since Testosterone will still be able to bind to 5-alpha-reductase and be able to create DHT. Then the chain DHT – > Cox 2 --> PGD2 will take place but using a PGD2 blocker you will erase only the floating PGD2 without touching the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme.

As you know the problem with gymno is related to the fact that when you use a 5-alpha-reductase blocker you won’t permit Testosterone to bind to the mentioned enzyme to form the powerful DHT and Testosterone will still be able to float in your body. After a while the free Testosterone, which your body will recognize to be too much, will be transformed through the aromatization into estrogens which are typical female sex hormones