DIM - Diindolylmethane

Anyone used DIM? Just ordered some. Adding it to my regimen. See this full thread as to why: http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=7266&page=0&category=3&order=last_answer

Summary:

“the protein K17 has been found to also influence wound healing and maintain the structural integrity of hair follicles”

“K17 up regulates interferon-gamma”

“Scientists at the University of California at Berkeley have recently discovered that Diindolylmethane (DIM), a naturally occurring compound found in Brassica vegetables, upon oral consumption, is a direct and potent activator of Interferon-Gamma production”

“By promoting a healthy estrogen metabolism, DIM adjusts the balance of estradiol to its “good” metabolites. This also can result in a more desirable action for testosterone.”

http://www.dimfaq.com/site/toc.htm

» “By promoting a healthy estrogen metabolism, DIM adjusts the balance of
» estradiol to its “good” metabolites. This also can result in a more
» desirable action for testosterone.”
»
» Diindolylmethane FAQs - "All About DIM"

+++++

Indole-3-Carbinol and, the stronger, DIM are both very interesting because of their impact of the E metabolism.

Plenty of research on I3C as a safer, natural alternative to Tamoxifen for breast cancer.

Estradiol is v.bad for breast and prostate cancer; though there is not much research on E-metabolites and their interaction with the two types of E-receptors in male hair. Far less certainly than between E and DHT.

DIM is not very bio-available, so watch out for that. Nature’s Way has an Enhanced Absorption formula.

I researched and brought both and use them when I am not on an Arimidex cycle.

gc.

Hey GC1961,

I have been reading your posts and decided to hop aboard the anti-estrogen wagon. I wanted to ask you though if Tamox would be better than Arimidex since it re-charges the minoxidil enzyme? Or, does Armidex do the same thing? I have a buddy who suggested Letrozole was more powerful than both. What do you think? I really appreciate any advice you have my friend.

1. When compared with tamoxifen, letrozole has a different mechanism of action.
    Studies have shown that letrozole is better than tamoxifen.

2.Anastrozole ( Arimidex) and letrozole belong to the same group of drugs with same mechanism of action ( Aromatase inhibitor). But letrozole has got a higher efficacy.

So, would it be safe to say it would do just as good of a job if not better at helping with hair growth when compared to Arimidex? I was reading that Tamox somehow helped minox processing in the body. Would that not be a better option if that were the case; or, could potentially the aromatase inhibitors provide this benefit as well?

I’ve got high estro and I’ve never felt anything at all from taking DIM. I’ve been through a couple bottles of it over the last few months.