Dermabrasion + lidocaine + topical lithium = THE CURE

Hi everyone,

Long time troll and sometime poster. I got on these boards because of Cotsarelis’ 2007 article. The recent excitement about Cotsarelis saying a topical creme will be available in 2 years is nothing new… it’s consistent with the patents he and others have filed, as well as their landmark 2007 article. Piecing these together, I believe we can already tell what he’s going to do (ignoring all the extra crap thrown into patents to deceive and knock out competitors).

To cure hair loss (even if you’re a Norwood 7), the procedure is damn simple and based on already-existing technology and cremes.

STEP 1: Wound the skin using an ablative laser or traditional dermabrasion. This disrupts the skin and allows for follicular neogenesis.

STEP 2: Apply an EGFR inhibitor. Lidocaine is a potent EGFR inhibitor, and is widely available. This is because about 10-15% of people get irritation from Step 3. Plus lidocaine will help relieve any soreness from Step 1.

STEP 3: Apply a lithium creme to the skin. In particular, it appears you should apply lithium gluconate 8% gel (e.g., Lithioderm 8% gel). You can order this from France. The goal is to block PGD2 while the new hair follicles grow.

There will be variants – but these three ideas will form the basis of the cure for baldness in the following years (2-5 years, I’m guessing). In particular, you might want to take an anti-androgen creme after the wounding and the application of the lithium creme. And note that the wounding will create new follicles resistant to androgens. Those hairs will stay, stay, stay.

Also note that ALL of this is available now. It’s all quite cheap. And this is why the cure will be available widely to dermatologists in “2 years.”

Wow, and we’re waiting for pg2 and hair cloning etc…when bostonbaldie already has the cure and it’s a retarded procedure and cheap too!
How dumb of us!

» Wow, and we’re waiting for pg2 and hair cloning etc…when bostonbaldie
» already has the cure and it’s a retarded procedure and cheap too!
» How dumb of us!

haha +1

So far I hear a few insults but no explanations for why it won’t work.

» So far I hear a few insults but no explanations for why it won’t work.

Burden of proof.

Hi. Have you tried your cure?
If yes, can you post some pic of the results?
Thx.
Max

» So far I hear a few insults but no explanations for why it won’t work.

I hear no explanations of why it will work, either. I just see a person telling us it’s a cure.

Has anyone proven that dermabrading the scalp doesn’t hurt follicles?

Before I get dermabrasion of my scalp, I want clinical test results conclusively proving that it doesn’t destroy follicles.

I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

Even if dermabrasion had the potential to destroy, say, 5-10% of your scalp follicles just because of human error, but also grow some hair when used with topical Lithium, is this really worth it? Is this really a cure?

The procedure you’re describing here is basically Follica’s main patent (which was filed by Cotsarelis and others)… or at least this is one version of Follica’s patent.

If you read Follica’s patent carefully they mention a lot of different things that could be done as alternatives… Lithium is only one of a long list of potential compounds that could be administered. So I don’t know why people are picking lithium off that long list and implying that lithium will be better than any of the other alternatives on the list. It’s all pretty random.

Also, people here should realize that just because something is described in a patent, doesn’t mean that it works, or that any testing has shown it to work.

A patent can be filed to protect an IDEA, not a verified, proven process. And that is exactly what Cotsarelis and Follica did here – they’re protecting an idea, not a proven treatment. Researchers have an incentive to just list a bunch of compounds in a patent, as possible alternatives – so IN CASE any of the ones they’ve listed later proves successful – well, it’s already protected in their patent. Pretty clever, but researchers have been doing this for a long time.

There are no clinical results published anywhere for this, to my knowledge. For all of Follica’s fanfare about this, and filing and being granted the patent, etc., where are their clinical trials of this procedure?

It doesn’t look too good that all this time has gone by and they haven’t even announced, much less done, clinical trials. (Oh yeah, they claim they’ve done clinical trials of SOMETHING in Germany, but Follica has offered no description and there’s no evidence of this, nothing Googleable anywhere, they haven’t published results of it anywhere, and if the trials were really done, they would have ended quite a while ago. Long enough that if anything noteworthy had happened, they would DEFINITELY be all over the media with an announcement of that by now, but there has been no announcement of anything.)

Meanwhile, Cotsarelis himself has come out with new research (PGD2) that is far more compelling than the dermabrasion/wounding/lithium/Wnt stuff, but people are still excited about news from 3-4 years ago that resulted in nothing.

Also note that when Cotsarelis announced the PGD2 discovery, he didn’t even mention any of the older work – the Follica stuff on wounding, lithium, Wnt, etc. It was as if that stuff hadn’t even existed. And this was from the man who had the principal hand in discovering all that stuff. Which doesn’t make me too excited about it.

» no explanations for why it won’t work.

Oh, then it will surely work

» Long time troll …

Not your biggest problem

My point was not that I think it works. Odds are against it working.

I just didn’t like how the idea is being treated right off the bat. Less plausible topics have been given pages of discussion around here.

BostonBaldy, I remember you used to post on the boards 4 years ago, I didn’t post much back then though. Good to have you back.

FYI, I don’t know if you know this, but Follica ran this experiment as a Phase 2 Trial in Germany that finished last year. They dermabraded and applied lithium 2x daily I believe. They have not released the results unfortunately. Here it is:

https://www.clinicaltrialsregister.eu/ctr-search/trial/2009-018191-34/DE

Have you had any success with such experiments?

» BostonBaldy, I remember you used to post on the boards 4 years ago, I
» didn’t post much back then though. Good to have you back.
»
» FYI, I don’t know if you know this, but Follica ran this experiment as a
» Phase 2 Trial in Germany that finished last year. They dermabraded and
» applied lithium 2x daily I believe. They have not released the results
» unfortunately. Here it is:
»
» Clinical Trials Register
»
» Have you had any success with such experiments?

If Follica had, had success we would have already heard about it. Follica jumped the shark.

I will reserve judgment about Follica until we know a lot more about what they have been doing for years. A HM operation’s success is not measured by how often they publish something for us to talk about.

» BostonBaldy, I remember you used to post on the boards 4 years ago, I
» didn’t post much back then though. Good to have you back.
»
» FYI, I don’t know if you know this, but Follica ran this experiment as a
» Phase 2 Trial in Germany that finished last year. They dermabraded and
» applied lithium 2x daily I believe. They have not released the results
» unfortunately. Here it is:
»
» Clinical Trials Register
»
» Have you had any success with such experiments?

Thanks for posting that. At least we have confirmation that the trial actually took place, or at least was properly registered.

Wonder if there is some way of sending a FOIA to the German government to find out what the results were?

i would like to add dermabrasion to my regimen of topical valproic acid anyone has any idea of what product to use???