Dense packing. Armani and who else?

I love Armani’s hairlines and dense packing so the result is very thick. But of course because he is the best he is very expensive. Who else will give dense hairlines and will do what is called dense packing?

Who are the top 5 I guess is my question.

» I love Armani’s hairlines and dense packing so the result is very thick.
» But of course because he is the best he is very expensive. Who else will
» give dense hairlines and will do what is called dense packing?
»
» Who are the top 5 I guess is my question.

Density can be a double-edged sword. Higher densities can look fantastic if all of the hair grows, yet, often yield is sacrificed when too many grafts are placed per square centimeter. This can be a huge waste of a patient’s time, money and (most importantly) limited donor supply.

A number of past studies have indicated that exceeding 30 grafts per square centimeter can cause yield to drop considerably. Dr. Cole generally will not exceed 45 grafts per square centimeter. Although he is experienced and skilled enough to achieve very good yields at this density, his concern for his patients’ long-term well-being prevents him from exceeding this level due to the likely possibility of future hair loss and a finite donor supply.

You obviously have very high expectations but dense packing can be risky (particularly if you ultimately opt for a less-experienced surgeon). If you are only a Norwood Class I or II, you can probably take the risk that some of the transplanted hair will not grow (and will still have enough donor hair for another pass). However, if you are, or expect to be, a later class, you should definitely be cautious, as you do not have follicles to spare.

If that is really what you want to do, know that a lot of clinics will tell you that they can do dense packing. However, because it requires such skill and technical proficiency, you really only want to go with one of the very best and most experienced surgeons.

As Emilie11 states, dense packing is a difficult skill and is not offered by every clinic.

There is a cosmetic difference between 35 grafts cm/2, 50 grafts cm/2, 70 grafts cm/2 and 90 grafts cm/2.

Dr. Armani is able to dense pack 60 grafts cm/2 to 90+ grafts cm/2 in one session.

This is true dense packing.

The average density transplanted at our clinic is 60-80 grafts cm/2 in the frontal zone only, decreasing the density towards the crown. And yes, it’s sometimes requested and possible to transplant at 100+ grafts cm/2.

It’s also not possible to transplant at high density throughout the scalp. One of the keys to producing a natural result is to transplant high density front, decreasing the density towards the crown. The higher the density in the front – the better and more natural the result.