Debate of ARTAS SCARRING- 3500 FUE, post surgery, 7 days and 2 months (VIDEO)

Hi Everyone :slight_smile:

In this thread here → http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-124213-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

I posted a video of a gentleman who had received 5000 (25,000 Canadian or 5 dollars a graft) grafts this past weekend at our clinic in Toronto. This was all done in ONE day (21 hours).

I want to mention that we share our pricing openly and make no bones about the fact that doing these bigger sessions allow us to keep our cost down.

A rep from another clinic suggested that using the ARTAS would leave bad scarring and would require BHT into the scars.

I hear a lot of things and opinions. I always say - I like photo/video and PROOF. I placed a call this morning and brought in to show in HD this gentleman with 3500 FUE. I feel that this video clearly shows that 3500 grafts removed with the ARTAS can produce excellent results with virtually invisible scarring. Please view for yourself! :slight_smile: The link for the video is below the photos on youtube. (NOTE - the video is in HD and as close to the donor as I can get the camera - less than 6") thank you for your time :slight_smile:

3500 FUE BEFORE

10 days post

VIDEO of 2 months post:

That healing does look very good.

The thinning from the graft harvesting is visible in the recipient area at 10 days but only to a fairly trained eye. He could buzz his hair that short in back without fear of looking scarred or moth-eaten.

I don’t think I would wanna harvest any more from that area in the future however. He’s got some more FUE grafts to spare in other areas of scalp but that main sweet spot looks pretty cleaned out.

Now, if we could somehow get the recipient areas looking & growing that well at 10 days post-op . . .

This will be interesting:)

The following statement I am going to make relates to photography and is NOT directed toward ARTAS results…

Our patient yesterday came to us for a strip scar repair and was concerned about possible scarring on his face related to beard hair extraction sites. He decided to do a 25 graft test procedure under his chin and I took a good high resolution photo of the area below his jawline. The following photo represents his beard hair donor area BEFORE any grafts were removed. He has NEVER had any grafts taken from any part of his beard before. The purpose of this virgin photo is to illustrate the natural spaces between hair. IF this were an AFTER photo, critics might say, look at how FUE makes a donor area look moth eaten. This is why a before AND after photo of the donor area is important in order to properly evaluate a result.

CITNews works at Dr. Cole’s office

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
Phone 678-566-1011
I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice
email CITNews at chuck@forhair.com

I’m used to seeing healed, minimal depth extraction sites where ACell is used. Cal mentioned a trained eye. I remember several months ago watching Dr. Cole in the surgery room checking extraction sites on a donor area where ACell was used. With Loupe magnification and strong lighting, Dr. Cole had great difficulty locating his extraction sites. Being familiar with such great healing, if someone posted the following photo of an FUE donor area, I wouldn’t be able to tell from the photo if it was post-op or pre-op.

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Phone 678-566-1011
I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice

Luckily, I have before photos as well :slight_smile: I also have HD video of his donor before and I will post later today. Here’s a link of his 2 months post in HD video → http://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=KUe4exNfU5U

Here is his before photo:

Here’s a link to the before video:

Immediately post:

7 days later

2 months post:

What is also very nice additional information is that this gentleman is of Jamaican decent which means that he has a much lower FU/CM2 than most ethnicities. Even in this case were easily able to safely harvest 3500 grafts with NO visible signs of scarring.

I hope this puts to rest this ridiculous concept of HORRIBLE and BHT into ARTAS made holes.

Don’t look at HYPE, OPINIONS, no matter who the person is. Look at photos, videos and judge for yourself :slight_smile:

lol - @ joe - email me those popcorn video links :slight_smile: I need those!!

Seriously?.. What is that dark blurry before photo supposed to prove? The video? Too wide of a shot, not properly framed, improperly lit and out of focus.

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Phone 678-566-1011

I think no matter what I post, you would not be happy :slight_smile: I do agree the before is not as good as I would like, but nonetheless the AFTER videos and photos clearly show the lack of visible scarring.

Remember - the point of this thread is to discuss the, ahem, opinion that with the ARTAS that the scarring is so horrible that BHT repair might need to be required. :wink:

I don’t detect scarring. But scarring is different than “moth eaten.” In my opinion, it appears too many grafts were removed and the back of this fella’s head looks sparse, and not uniformly sparse. I imagine it will look fuller with longer hair, but still…

I could post numerous photos of men with short hair who have NEVER had FUE hair transplant surgery, whose donor areas have a moth eaten or over-harvested appearance. The point I made earlier was, without a before photo for reference, the after photo is of no value whatsoever.

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Phone 678-566-1011