Day 4 ...Observations

Noticed this morning that the scalp had reacted more in some places than in others. This may have contributed to the non-uniformity of the results in the first experiment.
I decided to supplement the wounding this morning by trying to sandpaper the parts that seemed less affected by the previous day’s wounding. This required a strong stomach, icy determination and an ability to shrug off pain. I managed to sand some of these areas but have to accept that some areas give visual feedback of wounding better than others. I applied the morning topical. Hopefully, as it’s carrier is emu oil with a little DMSO in there, the topical will absorb into the skin without any manual rubbing. Either there’s not much pain now or I’ve got used to it. At most it just feels a little tender.
I’ll try to give details of my topical below:

The Topical

I mixed about one third of a teaspoon of tannic acid powder into about two and a half teaspoons of DMSO. Tannic acid is toxic to the liver and the kidney if used in high quantities so it’s IMPERATIVE that this quantity is kept low. I then added three 50mg tablets of roxythromycin. Roxythromycin is an anti-microbial with immunomodulatory properties. It’s a very safe addition to the topical as I’m not willing to risk taking some of the hardcore immunosuppressants out there. After this had dissolved and mixed in, I added this to a 100ml bottle of emu oil. Note that I had to pour a little emu oil out of the bottle to make room. I then added two 130mg capsules of lithium orotate to another teaspoonful of DMSO. After mixing this I added a small amount of caffeine (probably about one fifth of a teaspoon). If you add too much caffeine it can gives you side effects of racing heart, agitation etc. so it’s wise to keep this low. I added this mixture into the emu oil and gave it a good shake. Also note that it must be shaken well before every application.
That’s about it. The plan is to use this topical until about Day 16 or 17 (which is actually Day 13 or 14 post-wounding). Sorry about the less than scientific approach to this but I’ll leave the fine-tuning to Cotsy and Co. :slight_smile: I’ll keep you all updated.

Hi Baccy,

I think it would be easier for everybody to follow your progress if you created a blog somewhere (www.blogger.com).

Then we could discuss it here in hairsite.

» Noticed this morning that the scalp had reacted more in some places than in
» others. This may have contributed to the non-uniformity of the results in
» the first experiment.
» I decided to supplement the wounding this morning by trying to sandpaper
» the parts that seemed less affected by the previous day’s wounding. This
» required a strong stomach, icy determination and an ability to shrug off
» pain. I managed to sand some of these areas but have to accept that some
» areas give visual feedback of wounding better than others. I applied the
» morning topical. Hopefully, as it’s carrier is emu oil with a little DMSO
» in there, the topical will absorb into the skin without any manual rubbing.
» Either there’s not much pain now or I’ve got used to it. At most it just
» feels a little tender.
» I’ll try to give details of my topical below:
»
» The Topical
»
» I mixed about one third of a teaspoon of tannic acid powder into about two
» and a half teaspoons of DMSO. Tannic acid is toxic to the liver and the
» kidney if used in high quantities so it’s IMPERATIVE that this quantity is
» kept low. I then added three 50mg tablets of roxythromycin. Roxythromycin
» is an anti-microbial with immunomodulatory properties. It’s a very safe
» addition to the topical as I’m not willing to risk taking some of the
» hardcore immunosuppressants out there. After this had dissolved and mixed
» in, I added this to a 100ml bottle of emu oil. Note that I had to pour a
» little emu oil out of the bottle to make room. I then added two 130mg
» capsules of lithium orotate to another teaspoonful of DMSO. After mixing
» this I added a small amount of caffeine (probably about one fifth of a
» teaspoon). If you add too much caffeine it can gives you side effects of
» racing heart, agitation etc. so it’s wise to keep this low. I added this
» mixture into the emu oil and gave it a good shake. Also note that it must
» be shaken well before every application.
» That’s about it. The plan is to use this topical until about Day 16 or 17
» (which is actually Day 13 or 14 post-wounding). Sorry about the less than
» scientific approach to this but I’ll leave the fine-tuning to Cotsy and Co.
» :slight_smile: I’ll keep you all updated.

Awesome Baccy :slight_smile: I hope that in two weeks from now one you’re going to start seing new hair :slight_smile:

Ever thought of applying some xylocaine or lidocaine to your scalp prior to applying sandpaper?

Just wanted to say thank you for keeping us updated! Keep up the good work and best of luck!

/p