CURIS - sonic hedgehog failed

» http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070509005703&newsLang=en
»
» http://finance.google.com/finance?q=CRIS

Obviously a big disapointment but it still was 10 years down the road so I cant be too upset. But it is one less “cure” to count on and that is never good. Too bad.

» http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070509005703&newsLang=en
»
» http://finance.google.com/finance?q=CRIS

I note this part:

“unlike our drug candidates for cancer and stroke, male pattern baldness is not a life threatening disease.”

Well, FU Curis–I would rather have died from cancer thrity years ago then have lived my life bald. FU.

They were worried about safety rather than efficacy.

If you’d had sunburns and pre-cancerous cells on your scalp that weren’t active, the hegehog agonist might have been like putting gasoline on a fire up there. Using a hedgehog agonist over and over on your scalp might have aided the development of any latent cancers up there a great great deal.

The P and G people did not want to pay for a hundred million bucks worth of testing to find out later that 10 percent of users developed cancers or something like that, so they pulled the plug.

I agree with them. There are better ways to defeat androgenic alopecia than this.

» They were worried about safety rather than efficacy.
»
» If you’d had sunburns and pre-cancerous cells on your scalp that weren’t
» active, the hegehog agonist might have been like putting gasoline on a
» fire up there. Using a hedgehog agonist over and over on your scalp might
» have aided the development of any latent cancers up there a great great
» deal.
»
» The P and G people did not want to pay for a hundred million bucks worth
» of testing to find out later that 10 percent of users developed cancers or
» something like that, so they pulled the plug.
»
»
» I agree with them. There are better ways to defeat androgenic alopecia
» than this.

There MAY be better ways, we don’t know yet.

But my main gripe is the prevalance of the attitude that baldness is not a serious problem. That really pees me off.

»
» But my main gripe is the prevalance of the attitude that baldness is not a
» serious problem. That really pees me off.

If women went bald half the time in the male pattern, baldness would suddenly surpass global warming and the ozone layer in problem status in public perception and international teams would conspire on ways to overcome it.

True, the fact that because a small portion of men can overcome this sh*t because they are either rich, famous or sexy with a bald head is considered as the norm. However, the norm is that most men look like shit with a bald head and are seriously affected by it. That’s the fucking truth. Anyway, we must try to overcome baldness the best as we can anyway.

» a small portion of men can overcome this sh*t
» because they are either rich, famous

No matter how rich and famous they might be, they’d have even better lives if they had hair.

Plus, you people don’t understand: being rich and famous doesn’t change things, because rich and famous people hang with other rich and famous people.

So when it comes to competition, the bald rich and famous guy will be inferior to his hairy and rich peers.

Get it?

»

I believe that you have totally missed Curis’ point. He said that it is not a life-threatening disease because of the safety issues. If this were a cancer treatment, it would likely go forward because it is treating a disease that is usually treated with nasty drugs with all sorts of side effects. He is saying that, based on the safety issues, the drug cannot be used for hairloss because of the (possible) side effects. Make no mistake about it, these drugs DO work and work quite well at regrowing hair.

Jtelecom

» » a small portion of men can overcome this sh*t
» » because they are either rich, famous
»
»
»
» No matter how rich and famous they might be, they’d have even better lives
» if they had hair.
»
» Plus, you people don’t understand: being rich and famous doesn’t change
» things, because rich and famous people hang with other rich and famous
» people.
»
» So when it comes to competition, the bald rich and famous guy will be
» inferior to his hairy and rich peers.
»
» Get it?

Are you one of those guys dating chicks because they are rich ? try some Liza Minelli then…lol. Normal people date chicks because they are hot, not because they are rich dumbo. And it happens that some chicks need money to get dressed up and look bitchy. Who do you think they’ll looking at ? The hairy skater or the bald buisness man.

Anyway, girls don’t give a rat ass wether you’re bald or have hairy shoulders from the moment you’re rich and famous, I can give you hundreds of thousand examples. Explanation : when you’re rich and famous your physical appearance, which is normally the most important thing to seduce, goes secondary. The most important thing becomes …being rich and famous, which is a guarantee of security and protection, highly important for many women.

Get it ?

» »
» »
» » http://finance.google.com/finance?q=CRIS
»
» I note this part:
»
» “unlike our drug candidates for cancer and stroke, male pattern baldness
» is not a life threatening disease.”
»
» Well, FU Curis–I would rather have died from cancer thrity years ago then
» have lived my life bald. FU.

I’d rather be dead than be bald, too.

Honestly, I would be willing to risk death for the chance of having a full head of hair. If the odds were 50/50 that I’d have hair or die, I’d take the chance.

» So when it comes to competition, the bald rich and famous guy will be
» inferior to his hairy and rich peers.
»
» Get it?

Sure. Also, I think the bald rich guy will be inferior to the poor guy with a full head of thick hair. Who’s going to get more women? What do men want? Women!

Would you rather bang beautiful women all the time or be bald and cruise round in your Ferrari by yourself?

I personally would rather be poor as dirt with a full head of hair (assuming my current face) than be bald and rich.

Money can’t buy me hair!