Cure? Very promising!

This study involved mice. Do mice cells have the same inductivity issues as human cells?

“The study was funded principally by the National Institutes of Health and published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.”

Really? A study on hair regeneration was funded principally by NIH? That is unusual!

This looks a bit like R.Lauster’s work before he vanished.
The problem with transplanting hair follicles is that you can not achieve density. And there is no way around this problem at the moment.
Still better than nothing. I just hope Follica and (or) Shiseido will be able next year to offer a decent treatment.

Follica has nothing and they’re falling farther and farther behind everyone else. The only thing that could save them is if some drug’s activity is found to be enhanced by wounding… Not very likely, but one of the lactate dehydrogenase or mitochondrial pyruvate carrier drugs (like UK5099) might be a candidate. They would have to do a deal with whoever is developing those drugs for hair loss, and even then it’s those people, and not Follica, who’d be in the driver’s seat.

Plus, if Follica discovered something like that then after they somehow talked the company that owns that drug into letting Follica profit off of it for some reason then Follica could start FDA studies. By the time Follica got said treatment to market Kerastem, Shiseido, Tsuji and SkinTe will all be in the marketplace and established. Follica’s shit. Follica is so bad I actually have more faith in SkinTe than Follica. Follica even knows that their product is shit - that’s why they have a slick marketing campaign with this “Rain” program. They plan to use slick marketing to dupe low-information consumers into buying their product.

Exactly.

Jajar, can you give me a name of at least one so called tissue engineering team, that by manipulating cells managed to regrow 100 new hair per sq/cm of which 25 hairs are terminal in the last 2500 years??
Or at least their claim as such in the protocol papers, not in the conference announcement??
Just one name?

Objectively, the results they showed did not actually look too good. People read more into it because of the “power of suggestion” that Follica used, calling mediocre results great. Plus the picture was no doubt cherry-picked from a much larger number of poor results and non-responders that we never saw. Oldest tricks in the book.

Very unusual indeed. I could not find one branch under NIH that could possibly be responsible for funding this research:

National Cancer Institute (NCI)
National Eye Institute (NEI)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
National Institute on Aging (NIA)
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS)
National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB)
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS)
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD)
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR)
National Library of Medicine (NLM)
Center for Information Technology (CIT)
Center for Scientific Review (CSR)
Fogarty International Center (FIC)
National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS)
National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
NIH Clinical Center (CC)

No I cant.

I’ve seen studies into hair loss by the NIH. I’ve also seen studies into hair loss by the US Veterans Hospitals.

From that list, NIA and a few others, maybe. But I’m sure there’s also a “general fund”.

I disagree that density is impossible with hair transplants. Dr Cole has a patient named Wassup that got great density because he was able to move over 7000 FUs. Most of us probably can’t move more than 2500 without thinning our donor area to a noticeable degree. If someone could come up with a way to give me 7000 more FUs, I think Cole could give me a look I would be thrilled with.