Coverage Area of Minox 1mL

Minoxidil advises to use nomore than 1mL at a time, two times daily. However, if someone needs to use it in the front, mid scalp, vertex, and crown how are they supposed to get all that covered with just 1mL?

Previously I upped my dose to about 3-4mL instead 1mL, but that gave me a bloated face and I could taste minox in the back of my throat.

I counted the drops in a 1mL liquid minox and it is an average of 33-35 drops. Attached is a picture of an individual whom wishes to use minox but can only apply 1mL to the vertex/crown area. What is he supposed to do if he wants to use some at the front and mid scalp too? Why don’t these companies specify that 1 drop of minoxidil is enough to cover 1 square cm (for example)? How exactly does minox spread once it is absorbed by the scalp? How far to neighboring follicles does a drop spread?

The black dots represent 35 drops which is an average of 1mL.

» Minoxidil advises to use nomore than 1mL at a time, two times daily.
» However, if someone needs to use it in the front, mid scalp, vertex, and
» crown how are they supposed to get all that covered with just 1mL?

As I understand it, once absorbed by the skin, the minoxidil will migrate over a greater area. So, its not so much the area covered by the particular droplet, but rather the systematic absorption by the skin.

I actually have a good bit of hair, so its hard to keep my dosage from getting absorbed by hair and not my scalp. To prevent this, I usually use 2x the dose and massage it in, being that at least half of it is lost on my fingers and in my hair. To aid in the application, I was thinking about getting this:

Its a comb that applies the minox for you, ensuring good contact with the scalp and an even coverage.

» As I understand it, once absorbed by the skin, the minoxidil will migrate
» over a greater area. So, its not so much the area covered by the
» particular droplet, but rather the systematic absorption by the skin.
But the question is how far will one droplet migrate than the grounds it was dropped on?
»
» I actually have a good bit of hair, so its hard to keep my dosage from
» getting absorbed by hair and not my scalp. To prevent this, I usually use
» 2x the dose and massage it in, being that at least half of it is lost on my
» fingers and in my hair. To aid in the application, I was thinking about
» getting this:
» SkyMall | America's Favorite Store | Online Shopping Catalog
» Its a comb that applies the minox for you, ensuring good contact with the
» scalp and an even coverage.
When you get this comb please come back here and give us a little review. I’m really interested.