Cotsarelis said 5-10years if we are lucky

» Anyway, I just remember reading a few articles about fake drugs a while
» back.

This same debate goes on in a lot of message boards. There are people who will insist that any generic finasteride or dutasteride (or whatever other drug) you buy from overseas is fake. Once someone gets this in their head, there’s no convincing them otherwise.

Hey, my beloved Arava pills are from an overseas generic supplier too.

The next round of drug I buy will probably be overseas Gentifib. I just wanna establish that the Folica method itself works first.

» travis: what do you think about all this?

I don’t know my bald brother.I really wish I had the answers,I really wish I could give you good news but I have nothing but a personal opinion that isn’t based on fact.
I do not profess to be an expert like others here claim to be.I just try & use common sense to form my opinions.All I can say is that nobody here has the faintest idea what Follica is REALLY doing.Nobody knows what abrasive technique is being used,nobody knows what’s in the compound,when to apply the compound,for how long & so on.I think these guys are kidding themselves if they believe that they currently have access to this top secret info.
It is very arrogant of people here to believe they know what Follica is doing behind closed doors.IF & WHEN more details emerge in regards to this technique,I think allot of people here are going to look very stupid because their “ideas’ & “experiments” will be so far off the mark.

99% of what is posted here is nonsense but it’s all we have right now.There are guys here that are very good at finding & posting official press releases & that’s what I am waiting for.

All we know for sure is that Follica uses a SPECFIFC abrasive technique (which I think is nowhere near as intrusive as people here make it out to be) & when this abrasive technique is combined with a SPECIFIC compound new hairs are produced in MICE. IN MICE !!!
I don’t care if human skin cells were grafted on the mice, it has not been proven to work on a human scalp. I don’t want to hear anything about mice anymore! I am friggin sick of talking about mice! I have nightmares about damn mice!

I want to see results from HUMAN TRIALS.

My GUESS is this. IF it works in humans then the hairs produced WILL NOT be susceptible to balding. I can’t understand how someone would think that the new hairs would be susceptible to balding & would require the use of Fin or repeat sessions in order to maintain a full head of hair. This entire “Solution to hair loss” would be pointless if this was the case. The new hairs will be dense & will never bald. The only problem I see is hair direction, will the hairs grow in natural directions?

But hey, maybe I am the idiot & the rest of the guys here are right? Who knows?

Go & see the new Batman flick. It’s pretty good & will take your mind of all this b.s for a few hours.

No one has commented on the FACT that Follica has already licensed their technology out to another company.Which company & what are they doing with this technology?
I wonder if they have started their own human trials? Can there be an unknown clinic flying under the radar?

» No one has commented on the FACT that Follica has already licensed their
» technology out to another company.Which company & what are they doing with
» this technology?
» I wonder if they have started their own human trials? Can there be an
» unknown clinic flying under the radar?

That made absolutely no sense. Follica is responsible for the research, so why would they ask someone else to do the research for them? That would be like having a bakery sub-contract their bread production (using their secret recipe) to another bakery when they’re staffed to handle the job themselves.

Here’s what’s going on:

• Dr. Cotsarelis and his team at the University of Pennsylvania made the discovery

• The concept caught the eye of PureTech Ventures - a company whose primary goal is to help commercialize life sciences. They founded Follica; Dr. Cotsarelisis is on its Scientific Advisory Board.

• Another member of Follica’s executive team, Dr. Prouty, is overseeing their preclinical and human proof-of-concept clinical research programs. IF ESTABLISHED, the technology will (most likely) be commercialized and licensed to dermatological offices for client administration.

So there you have it… a proper example of how to get things done. There’s more to a business than having a good idea. You need financial backing and a savvy team with a strong understanding of product commercialization. PureTech get’s it, InterCytex doesn’t.

» All I can say is that nobody here has
» the faintest idea what Follica is REALLY doing.

Actually, we have a good idea. The patents they have filed go into excruciating detail. And they’ve published their initial experiments in a medical journal.

» Nobody knows what abrasive technique is being used,

Abrasion isn’t rocket science. Climb up a tree in shorts, and you get an abrasion. Any 8 year-old kid can do this. Disrupting the epidermis can be done any number of ways.

» nobody knows what’s in the compound,

Actually, we know what the primary ingredient is: an EGFR inhibitor. They even give us a nice list of drugs that do this.

» when to apply the compound, » for how long & so on.

Actually, we have a pretty decent idea.

It’s amazing what a little research will reveal. You might want to try it sometime. Or, you can remain ignorant and sound foolish everytime you post.

The mouse is literally just a life-support machine for the chunk of human skin on its back that is being tested. The mouse’s immune system suppression is the only relevant difference.

If the immune system suppression is not what is single-handedly giving Folica such good results, then I’m 90% sure it will work fine in live humans.

(Now, nobody start pointing to me later for saying “I’m 90% sure Folica will work.” That is not what I just said.)

» The mouse is literally just a life-support machine for the chunk of human
» skin on its back that is being tested.

A good way of putting it.

» If the immune system suppression is not what is single-handedly giving
» Folica such good results, then I’m 90% sure it will work fine in live
» humans.

That’s pretty much the way I see it.

»
» Actually, we have a good idea. The patents they have filed go into
» excruciating detail. And they’ve published their initial experiments in a
» medical journal.
»
» Abrasion isn’t rocket science. Climb up a tree in shorts, and you get an
» abrasion. Any 8 year-old kid can do this. Disrupting the epidermis can be
» done any number of ways.
»
» Actually, we know what the primary ingredient is: an EGFR inhibitor. They
» even give us a nice list of drugs that do this.
»
» Actually, we have a pretty decent idea.
»
» It’s amazing what a little research will reveal. You might want to try it
» sometime. Or, you can remain ignorant and sound foolish everytime you post.

Yet despite having so much information you are STILL a bald loser.Amazing! It must suck not only to be a bald loser but a bald loser who can’t follow a straight forward patent that supposedly tells you everything you need to know. LOL
L.O.S.E.R

» Yet despite having so much information you are STILL a bald loser.Amazing!
» It must suck not only to be a bald loser

Hey idiot (also known as the guy who whines about he wants to be saved by HM…hahhahahha!), I will post my pictures on here if you post yours. We’ll see who has more hair, OK? Put up or shut up. FYI, I am about as bald as Tom Cruise.

» but a bald loser who can’t follow
» a straight forward patent that supposedly tells you everything you need to
» know. LOL
» L.O.S.E.R

What are you talking about? You’re the one who didn’t know anything, remember? You are the one who said WE don’t know anything, despite the fact that the patent gives all kinds of information. Who is the ignorant fool?

» »
» » Actually, we have a good idea. The patents they have filed go into
» » excruciating detail. And they’ve published their initial experiments in
» a
» » medical journal.
» »
» » Abrasion isn’t rocket science. Climb up a tree in shorts, and you get
» an
» » abrasion. Any 8 year-old kid can do this. Disrupting the epidermis can
» be
» » done any number of ways.
» »
» » Actually, we know what the primary ingredient is: an EGFR inhibitor.
» They
» » even give us a nice list of drugs that do this.
» »
» » Actually, we have a pretty decent idea.
» »
» » It’s amazing what a little research will reveal. You might want to try
» it
» » sometime. Or, you can remain ignorant and sound foolish everytime you
» post.
»
» It must suck not only to be a bald loser but a bald loser who can’t follow
» know. LOL
» L.O.S.E.R

Bickle, why don’t you just let it go and go somewhere else. You have nothing to contribute here except for negativity. You are entitled to your opinion and you’ve expressed them already. I know you’ve lost hope but why are you trying to bring down everybody’s else’s? Are that much of a sour puss?

» It must suck not only to be a bald loser but a bald loser who can’t follow
» know. LOL
» L.O.S.E.R

That was, truly, a rant deserving of a preschooler.

Travis, you reap what you sow. Keep that in mind next time: you think about your hair debacle or when you’re wondering why we’re hostile towards your malicious comments.

» The mouse is literally just a life-support machine for the chunk of human
» skin on its back that is being tested. The mouse’s immune system
» suppression is the only relevant difference.
»
» If the immune system suppression is not what is single-handedly giving
» Folica such good results, then I’m 90% sure it will work fine in live
» humans.

Was this a controlled experiment?

I mean, did they also test to see if hair grew when they didn’t apply the medication?

If so, one might think it was the mouse’s lack of an immune system that caused human follicles to regenerate on their own when the skin is damaged.

There weren’t any hair follicles at all on the skin before the experiment, as I understand it. Anything terminal and visible afterwards could have only possibly been freshly formed from the experiement.

(And the experiment clearly must have helped cause the new growth in some way - Medical science has been grafting human skin samples onto mice for years, and it’s not normal to get terminal scalp-type hair follicles all over the place as soon as the human skin sample gets wounded while the mouse’s immune system is being suppressed.)

As for the immune system suppression, I don’t think it was withdrawn at any point in the process.

That immune system suppression is the only thing stopping the mouse’s body from attacking/rejecting the skin sample in the first place. So unfortunately, letting the mouse’s immune system loose to work normally wouldn’t be any more representative of a normal human environment than keeping it suppressed. That’s why we’ve had to wait for real human testing to know whether this is gonna work or not.

But between the Gentifib cancer patient’s startling regrowth, and the longstanding stories of injury-caused hair regeneration in real people out there with normal immune systems . . . we’re very hopeful. So is Folica.