Cosmo pharmaceuticals topical anti-androgen page

http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/csm/activities/pipeline/cb/

"CB-03-01
CB-03-01, a new chemical entity patented by Cosmo, is a steroid ester, androgen antagonist derived from 11-deoxycortisone, which tightly mimics the profile of an ideal anti-androgen for topical use.

The objective is to create a product for topical application to treat male pattern baldness, acne and seborrhoea that does not have the side effects of products currently being taken in tablet form.

The company is completing the first phase I clinical trial for the treatment of skin disorders .

Cosmo’s patent expires in the year 2022."

That they have already taken out a patent for CB-03-01 is certainly a good sign that they intend for this thing to be sold at some point if the trials look good. Its to treat male pattern baldness, acne, hirsutism, and seborrea…all androgen-related disorders. Nice development.

Here is their product pipeline. Apparently this thing might be in phase 2 already, http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/csm/activities/pipeline/

» http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/csm/activities/pipeline/cb/
»
»
»
» “CB-03-01
» CB-03-01, a new chemical entity patented by Cosmo, is a steroid ester,
» androgen antagonist derived from 11-deoxycortisone, which tightly mimics
» the profile of an ideal anti-androgen for topical use.
»
» The objective is to create a product for topical
» application to treat male pattern baldness, acne and seborrhoea

» that does not have the side effects of products currently being taken in
» tablet form.
»
» The company is completing the first phase I clinical trial for the
» treatment of skin disorders .
»
» Cosmo’s patent expires in the year 2022.”
»
»
»
» That they have already taken out a patent for CB-03-01 is certainly a
» good sign that they intend for this thing to be sold at some point if the
» trials look good. Its to treat male pattern baldness, acne, hirsutism, and
» seborrea…all androgen-related disorders. Nice development.
»
»
» Here is their product pipeline. Apparently this thing might be in phase 2
» already, http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/csm/activities/pipeline/

Benji, what’s your opinion of simply crushing up available anti-andros like fin or dut (although I think dut’s a gel) and using them topically? I notice Dr. Lee offers a minox/fin combo topical, and I think he may also offer a minox/dut topical.

» »
» Benji, what’s your opinion of simply crushing up available anti-andros
» like fin or dut (although I think dut’s a gel) and using them topically? I
» notice Dr. Lee offers a minox/fin combo topical, and I think he may also
» offer a minox/dut topical.

Ive even seen a “finagel” and a “flutagel” (finasteride and flutamide) touted on some of these forums. I honestly dont know. I suppose a guy that was interested could buy these products and use them for a week or so and go get a blood test done to see if he DHT levels in nanograms/decileters was in the range one would expect if he was not using these drugs internally.

If Lee is just putting them in minoxidil liquid…it would seem likely that they would go systemic. I’d love to be wrong about that. Hate to say it, but Lee was touting azelaic acid for years despite the fact that in one study it did nothing to sebum secretions. Bryan might have a much more knowledgeable opinion on this.

Ive found a Pfizer patent application for a topical anti-androgen, but on their homepage, there is nothing about it being in pre-clincal trials, clinical trials or the product pipeline.

It would seem that Androscience or this Italian company, Cosmo pharmaceuticals, will be the first companies to offer a 3-phase-independent tested topical anti-androgen for baldness (if the trials go well). I wish somebody would have put RU58841 through trials and released it. This should have been done for acne, alopecia, psoriasis, hirsutism years ago in my opinion. Those conditions harm so many people’s lives, that its time they are side-effect-free addressed by drug companies.

» CB-03-01, a new chemical entity patented by Cosmo, is a steroid ester,
» androgen antagonist derived from 11-deoxycortisone, which tightly mimics the
» profile of an ideal anti-androgen for topical use.

So . . . who can swipe some 11-deoxycortisone from work this week?

As for the RU and never putting it through trials, I blame this one on Merck squashing the side effects story with Finasteride.

Propecia failed to sell very well. That HAD TO affect the decisionmaking about whether or not to market RU commercially as a topical. But with Merck bullsh*tting everyone about the true side effects frequency, it would have made Propecia look like it failed more for lack of raw demand and not because of the side effects driving people away.

» » CB-03-01, a new chemical entity patented by Cosmo, is a steroid ester,
» » androgen antagonist derived from 11-deoxycortisone, which tightly mimics
» the
» » profile of an ideal anti-androgen for topical use.
»
»
» So . . . who can swipe some 11-deoxycortisone from work this week?
»
»
»
»
» As for the RU and never putting it through trials, I blame this one on
» Merck squashing the side effects story with Finasteride.
»
» Propecia failed to sell very well. That HAD TO affect the decisionmaking
» about whether or not to market RU commercially as a topical. But with
» Merck bullsh*tting everyone about the true side effects frequency, it would
» have made Propecia look like it failed more for lack of raw demand and not
» because of the side effects driving people away.

I’ve read so much about RU. Is it really the wonder drug its made out to be?

» I’ve read so much about RU. Is it really the wonder drug its
» made out to be?

I don’t know if it’s a “wonder drug”. It probably works about as well as Propecia, although without any of the systemic side effects of Propecia.

» » I’ve read so much about RU. Is it really the wonder drug its
» » made out to be?
»
» I don’t know if it’s a “wonder drug”. It probably works about as well as
» Propecia, although without any of the systemic side effects of Propecia.

So would it be comparable to a fin or dut-based topical such as those offered by Lee?

The stuff works only as well as any amount of androgen-blocking is capable of working. That means no significant regrowth. At best you stop your loss or radically slow it.

Realistically, people seem to get about the same results as a good responder to oral Finasteride or Dut.

» » I don’t know if it’s a “wonder drug”. It probably works about
» » as well as Propecia, although without any of the systemic
» » side effects of Propecia.
»
» So would it be comparable to a fin or dut-based topical such
» as those offered by Lee?

Nah, I really STRONGLY doubt that. There are all kinds of conflicting studies with topical finasteride, and topical dutasteride has never been tested. Topical RU58841 is almost certainly going to work better than either one of those.

» » » I don’t know if it’s a “wonder drug”. It probably works about
» » » as well as Propecia, although without any of the systemic
» » » side effects of Propecia.
» »
» » So would it be comparable to a fin or dut-based topical such
» » as those offered by Lee?
»
» Nah, I really STRONGLY doubt that. There are all kinds of conflicting
» studies with topical finasteride, and topical dutasteride has never been
» tested. Topical RU58841 is almost certainly going to work better than
» either one of those.

Is topical RU more effective than oral dut?

»
» Is topical RU more effective than oral dut?

Good question.

Theoretically the ability to block all androgens (not just the DHTs) would give it more ability that oral Fin or Dut in any strength. But I don’t know whether the actual results with RU have bourne that out or now.

actually, as I’ve read somewhere, RU is considered the best topical nowadays (no side effects and even the stop/growth effect some say it’s better then oral fin or dut) but it’s the most expensive as well