CoQ10 For Regrowth

Found this posted at another site…check it out

My parents 80 and 82, are both growing new dark hair after taking 400 mg of co q10 for 2 months. My mom’s hair was getting thin and was completely white and she now has dark hair growing all over her head and my dad had been bald since 30 on the top of his head and he now has dark hair all over his bald spot. I have been taking 100 mg for 2 months and noticed my hair had gotten much longer quickly and my thin eyebrows are filling in. I am 51.I now take 400 mg. My elderly friend in her 70’s has been taking 100 mg since summer and said her hair dresser noticed her hair was much thicker”."

» Found this posted at another site…check it out
»
»
»
» “My parents 80 and 82, are both growing new dark hair after taking 400
» mg of co q10 for 2 months. My mom’s hair was getting thin and was
» completely white and she now has dark hair growing all over her head and my
» dad had been bald since 30 on the top of his head and he now has dark hair
» all over his bald spot. I have been taking 100 mg for 2 months and noticed
» my hair had gotten much longer quickly and my thin eyebrows are filling in.
» I am 51.I now take 400 mg. My elderly friend in her 70’s has been taking
» 100 mg since summer and said her hair dresser noticed her hair was much
» thicker
”."
»
» Integrative Medicine & Healthy Living | Andrew Weil, M.D.

Even if it doesn’t CoQ10 is a great supplement for heart health. I have been thinking of getting on it myself.

Also found this:

“The Henkel researchers made a completely new discovery when they allowed coenzyme Q10 to act on hair follicles: This substance reactivated the generation of the keratins whose reproduction was almost at a standstill in the hair of older people. Appropriate experiments with hair follicle models and volunteer studies have confirmed this. This active ingredient has therefore been incorporated in the new hair care range Bonacure Time Restore Q10 for more mature hair.”

http://www.henkel.com/SID-0AC83309-36325806/innovation/fountain-of-youth-for-an-aging-head-of-hair-21751.htm

Toco-8 includes a small amount in their formula.

» Also found this:
»
» “The Henkel researchers made a completely new discovery when they allowed
» coenzyme Q10 to act on hair follicles: This substance reactivated the
» generation of the keratins whose reproduction was almost at a standstill in
» the hair of older people. Appropriate experiments with hair follicle models
» and volunteer studies have confirmed this. This active ingredient has
» therefore been incorporated in the new hair care range Bonacure Time
» Restore Q10 for more mature hair.”
»
» http://www.henkel.com/SID-0AC83309-36325806/innovation/fountain-of-youth-for-an-aging-head-of-hair-21751.htm

coQ10 helps with heart health ie mitochondria.

There are various other supps that will help with mitochondria Dribose, B5, niacin,magnesium, phospholipids, co Q10.

Yes I can see how it may help improve ATP and hence hairloss perhaps!

Regards
Pete

Been taking it for years. May add shilajit to my regimen- see LEF’s combo/description: Vitamins and Supplements Rooted in Science - Life Extension Swanson now carries shilajit. I’m also reading it’s good for prostate health.

“When shilajit is combined with CoQ10, cellular energy gains increase dramatically. Together they optimize mitochondrial energy levels, activating a super-vitalization of our mitochondria’s ability to convert food into energy. This adaptogenic combination not only radically ramps up available energy — it enhances mitochondrial health, a vital factor in preventing aging at the cellular level.”

On topical use: [link]http://www.mibellebiochemistry.com/products/hair/nano-lipobelle-dn-coq10-oa.php [/link]

ano-Lipobelle DN CoQ10 oA is a double nano-emulsion combining coenzyme Q10 with vitamin E and C. Coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone) is a strong antioxidant able to activate cell metabolism. Together with vitamin C and E, which fight against oxidants in a synergistic way, it offers a high anti-oxidant protection to the skin . Nano-Lipobelle DN CoQ10 oA is a hair growth active by stimulating the proliferation of hair follicle papilla and by protecting mitochondrial DNA.

Nano-Lipobelle DN CoQ10 oA is ideal to fight against scalp and hair aging but also to reinforce and revitalize hair. Transparent active ingredient, paraben- and phenoxyethanol-free.

Claims with Nano-Lipobelle DN CoQ10 oA
• Stimulates hair growth
• Protects against oxidants
• Strengthens and vitalizes hair
• Anti-aging for scalp and hair

» Been taking it for years. May add shilajit to my regimen- see LEF’s
» combo/description:
» Vitamins and Supplements Rooted in Science - Life Extension
» Swanson now carries shilajit. I’m also reading it’s good for prostate
» health.
»
»
» “When shilajit is combined with CoQ10, cellular energy gains increase
» dramatically. Together they optimize mitochondrial energy levels,
» activating a super-vitalization of our mitochondria’s ability to convert
» food into energy. This adaptogenic combination not only radically ramps up
» available energy — it enhances mitochondrial health, a vital factor in
» preventing aging at the cellular level.”
»

This is the shilajit LEF is using: http://www.primavie.com/

“PrimaVie® is standardized to have not less than 60% fulvic acid and equivalents with high levels of dibenzo-α-pyrones and dibenzo-α-pyrone chromoproteins.”

Swanson’s only has 5%…but they’re 400mg capsules compared to LEF’s 50 and 100.

Dang Jacob, you take as many supplements as IH.

:smiley:

» Dang Jacob, you take as many supplements as IH.
»
» :smiley:

Jacob, what do the Probiotics do for you if I may ask??

» » Dang Jacob, you take as many supplements as IH.
» »
» » :smiley:
»
» Jacob, what do the Probiotics do for you if I may ask??

What youll notice is that when we age certain hormones levels fall - I have a feeling that this alters the immune balance and so its a good idea to top up cleansing the body to take the load of the the immune system!

Regards
Pete

» » Dang Jacob, you take as many supplements as IH.
» »
» » :smiley:
»
» Jacob, what do the Probiotics do for you if I may ask??

Many of the things I take are for overall health…and many of them happen to be for healthy digestion. Everything really does start in that area…as they say. Anything for the skin can be a plus, imo, for hair. Probiotics can help with skin issues…and of course can be found in skin products as well as hair products. There’s even at least one line of probiotic-containing products for hair loss. I use a product that helps beef up the beneficial bacteria on the scalp. And with LEF’s super sale these days…I’ve started using their oral(that’s for oral(etc) health) probiotic product.

As Pete pointed out…they’re great for the immune system as well.

To TN…funny. It’d take him two websites…ah nevermind. It changes by the day anyway.