CIT “non-strip” hair restoration method meets PRP, ACELL, & Micro-needling

CIT “non-strip” hair transplant method advances with PRP, ACELL, & Micro-needling treatments in efforts to help reduce risks of scarring

As of Jan. 22nd, 2010, CIT (Cole Isolation Technique), a non-strip hair transplant technique, will be introduced to a host of treatments to improve healing, growth, and the appearance of damaged tissue (scarring). These enriching interventions are PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma), the ACELL-MatriStem medicine, and micro-needling. We encouraged all CIT patients to take advantage of these newly available treatments.

PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is a component of blood shown to encourage faster healing, and which may promote quicker growth of transplanted hair. Our blood naturally has white blood cells to fight infection, and platelets to accommodate tissue regeneration. PRP is simply derived from each patient’s own blood, and involves separating the blood to form a significantly high concentration of platelets that contain over thirty growth factors to promote faster healing, collagen synthesis, and new blood vessels. Platelets are activated by growth factor thrombin, a necessary ingredient in promoting healthy, resilient skin. The three primary benefits of PRP are stem cell binding, growth factor concentration, and tissue regeneration. Stem cells are stimulated to regenerate new tissue. The more growth factors released sequestered into the damaged cells, the more stem cells stimulated to produce new host tissue. This process is popular with patients who desire to improve the overall aesthetics of their skin, or scalp. Our application of PRP involves injecting it into the recipient area as well as the donor area. We have positive feedback with this treatment, but in time, we may observe that the treatment helps reduce the evidence from the CIT procedure, promote new hair growth, and a better yield from a hair transplant.

ACELL - MatriStem regenerative medicine is a product that is primarily used to treat damaged tissue, and minimizes scar tissue formation. This FDA approved technology attracts human stem cells which produce new tissue formation at the location of the damaged tissue (wound/physical injury). ACELL - MatriStem supports growth of new blood vessels and production of connective tissue cells formation. The ability to produce new tissue can benefit hair transplant patients or individuals who generally don’t heal well from surgery. Although non-strip hair transplant methods typically involve less noticeable scarring, we will look toward achieving even less noticeable donor scarring than before applying the ACELL treatment. We plan to use this treatment to significantly reduce patients’ post-op recovery period, permitting a swift return to their daily activities. We are hopeful and confident that this product will be invaluable to each new patient, veteran patient, and repair patients.

Micro-needling
is a form of collagen induction treatment to smooth and improve the appearance of scars. The micro-needling process involves the use tiny needles to stimulate collagen production in the dermis layer (2nd layer of skin). Micro-needling utilizes a hand-held roller with hundreds of tiny surgical needles. By piercing the skin, and a small number of blood vessels, the roller causes collagen and elastin to be produced in the dermis. These proteins directly improve the appearance of skin. The treatment does not typically cause swelling, and trauma to the skin is minimal. Results from this process vary from patient to patient, but the treatment may be beneficial for all patients with minor or extensive scarring in the donor area. This process offers a less expensive and invasive form of skin rejuvenation versus alternative measures, such as laser treatment.

We are hopeful to further improve our surgical procedure, increase the overall quality of each patient’s aesthetic results, and yield of growth. Our minimally invasive procedure has long maintained its cutting edge results and advancement in the hair transplant industry.

CIT has Dr. Cole done any tests using Acell on his patients? do you think if it has the potential to grow unlimited donor hair ?

Do i have to pay extra to have Acell included in my fue procedure?

Well, if it makes things better that’s good, but frankly, it all looks a bit gimmicky to me - I don’t think any of this stuff has any credible evidence that it really makes a major difference.

» Well, if it makes things better that’s good, but frankly, it all looks a
» bit gimmicky to me - I don’t think any of this stuff has any credible
» evidence that it really makes a major difference.

I think the problem is that with these novel techniques, it is hard to prove one way or another whether they really work or not.

How do you PROMOTE, IMPLEMENT, and CHARGE for unproven techniques???

Anything to make a quick buck these days, eh? :ok:

» How do you PROMOTE, IMPLEMENT, and CHARGE for unproven techniques???
»
» Anything to make a quick buck these days, eh? :ok:

Nothing is really proven these days, if you think about it, doctors shouldn’t even be charging for beard hair transplant too because it is still largely experimental. It would be nice if doctors offer all these for free but the reality is that it’s not gonna happen. My approach is to wait and see, if something really does work, the prices will come down in the future. Basically I have no problem if doctors want to experiment on willing patients who do not mind paying to be guinea pig :slight_smile:

» » How do you PROMOTE, IMPLEMENT, and CHARGE for unproven techniques???
» »
» » Anything to make a quick buck these days, eh? :ok:
»
» Nothing is really proven these days, if you think about it, doctors
» shouldn’t even be charging for beard hair transplant too because it is
» still largely experimental. It would be nice if doctors offer all these
» for free but the reality is that it’s not gonna happen. My approach is to
» wait and see, if something really does work, the prices will come down in
» the future. Basically I have no problem if doctors want to experiment on
» willing patients who do not mind paying to be guinea pig :slight_smile:

Touche. I still can’t believe scavangers like some of these surgeons find one way or another to strip you naked of of every fabric on your back and your hair.

PRP? Acell? Is this the lowest of low?

No problem in using the technique(s), see if it works ofcourse, but charging for them? WoW :surprised:

» Well, if it makes things better that’s good, but frankly, it all looks a
» bit gimmicky to me - I don’t think any of this stuff has any credible
» evidence that it really makes a major difference.

Well! Its food for thought. If we could just get something to’ go, it Will be worth something. Whats it cost???

» CIT has Dr. Cole done any tests using Acell on his patients? do you think
» if it has the potential to grow unlimited donor hair ?

HMorHT,

Hi,

In the past month, we have begun applying the ACELL matristem treatment into donor areas of a number of individuals. We have seen that this treatment has regenerated new tissue at the location of the wounds. We are hopeful that it will decrease chances of white spotting or visual evidence of the procedure. Today, we applied the treatment into a local patient’s very large wound. Our plan is to study how effective this treatment will be based on what information we currently have. In regard to hair transplant, we will focus on how to deliver the ACELL Matri-stem treatment simultaneous with CIT, and find the most effective way to use it in hair transplant surgery.

» Do i have to pay extra to have Acell included in my fue procedure?

Hair101,

We are charging for cost and time. There is no intention of offering these treatments for more than the value of the cost. The reason is that we don’t have results with the ACELL medicine, but we have seen a result with using PRP and micro-needling. Basically, we just cover the cost of the product (ACELL), but we are offering it in hopes of achieving any positive progress. I will maintain a positive outlook for the next few months. Stay tuned to FORHAIR for frequent updates.

» How do you PROMOTE, IMPLEMENT, and CHARGE for unproven techniques???
»
» Anything to make a quick buck these days, eh? :ok:

Hi mj2003,

The set tone does not encourage meaningful discussion. Let’s see… When will the HT industry advance toward an even better method of harvesting donor follicles and achieve even less invasiveness than current hair transplant techniques offer??? Will we do nothing and make no positive progress in our lifetime? Before I address your concerns, I’m not so sure that it is a great idea to assume that you have absolute factual knowledge of the aforementioned treatments. It may not be the best of ideas to mention or discuss anything outside of what most individuals would consider to be useful and unknown information. Fellow forum viewers either want to read and understand the information being discussed here, or they read this information because they are compelled to be made aware of useful knowledge. To refer to all of these three treatments as “unproven techniques” is certainly inaccurate. In fact, I am extending an offer to you to discuss how we are seeing positive effects from PRP along with micro-needling, and are offering them all at the minimum (cost). I have personally seen better wound healing and wound contraction in an operating room. So considering the fact that we offer all three treatments at “cost”, and there is no “Quick Buck”, we maintain a high level of integrity and trust with ALL of our patients. I would be happy to offer you free information and in-depth discussion via telephone, email, or live chat. I definitely look forward to hearing from you.

» I have
» personally seen better wound healing and wound contraction in an operating
» room.

Blimey it must be good if you actually see the wound healing and contraction during the operation! To avoid ambiguity, I am being sarcastic should there be any doubt.

» » How do you PROMOTE, IMPLEMENT, and CHARGE for unproven techniques???
» »
» » Anything to make a quick buck these days, eh? :ok:
»
» Hi mj2003,
»
» The set tone does not encourage meaningful discussion. Let’s see… When
» will the HT industry advance toward an even better method of harvesting
» donor follicles and achieve even less invasiveness than current hair
» transplant techniques offer???

Don’t change the topic. The issue was not pushing the envelope forward to see how far we can progress and better the procedures themselves, but it was for charging for a magical white powder, ACell, when even you admit it may or may not work.

Will we do nothing and make no positive
» progress in our lifetime? Before I address your concerns, I’m not so sure
» that it is a great idea to assume that you have absolute factual knowledge
» of the aforementioned treatments. It may not be the best of ideas to
» mention or discuss anything outside of what most individuals would consider
» to be useful and unknown information. Fellow forum viewers either want to
» read and understand the information being discussed here, or they read this
» information because they are compelled to be made aware of useful
» knowledge.

Then it would be a good idea to practice what you preach. Because you made an announcement as if it were groundbreaking news that “WE NOW USE ACELL IN OUR HAIRTRANSPLANT PROCEDURES!”. Knowing majority of the readers will think acell is actually working wonders and here you are offering it to them. You should have been more clearer and inform them as you stated above that “it may or may not work, theres no evidence that it works to date, but we want to charge you anyway”.

To refer to all of these three treatments as “unproven
» techniques” is certainly inaccurate.

Inaccurate? if they were so accurate I wonder why every single HT surgeon isn’t using them??? Where are your photos? Your research? Studies to back up that they are PROVEN TECHNIQUES?

In fact, I am extending an offer to
» you to discuss how we are seeing positive effects from PRP along with
» micro-needling, and are offering them all at the minimum (cost).

Forget PRP, thats a hit and miss and the photos we’ve seen to date are amognst the funniest, shwing many signs of being tampered with and different combings from before and after shots. PRP shouldn’t even be discussed, let’s talk about the use of ACell.

I have
» personally seen better wound healing and wound contraction in an operating
» room.

Really??? In the operating room??? You have actually seen better wound healing and wound contraction in the operating room??? You might want to change that statement. It’s &#%^$&# and you know it. Seeing wounds heal and contract in the operating room… bahahaha, Is this a joke?

So considering the fact that we offer all three treatments at
» “cost”, and there is no “Quick Buck”, we maintain a high level of integrity
» and trust with ALL of our patients.

A very high level integrity I must admit. I mean, you see wounds
healing and wounds contracting in the operating room. You are the king of clinics. :wink:

I would be happy to offer you free
» information and in-depth discussion via telephone, email, or live chat. I
» definitely look forward to hearing from you.

No thanks.

» » I have
» » personally seen better wound healing and wound contraction in an
» operating
» » room.
»
»
» Blimey it must be good if you actually see the wound healing and
» contraction during the operation! To avoid ambiguity, I am being sarcastic
» should there be any doubt.

Sure. No doubt. Surgery involves wounds. When wounds occur in mammals, a series of events also occur. First there is hemorrhage, then clotting, followed by inflammatory cell infiltration. CIT involves wounds that are treated throughout the surgery. My experience involved observing and monitoring the status of each wound made during the procedure. With studying these particular wounds, the changes between the treated wounds and the untreated wounds could be seen. As time expired over multiple days, the differences between these particular wounds became more apparent.

» » » How do you PROMOTE, IMPLEMENT, and CHARGE for unproven techniques???
» » »
» » » Anything to make a quick buck these days, eh? :ok:
» »
» » Hi mj2003,
» »
» » The set tone does not encourage meaningful discussion. Let’s see…
» When
» » will the HT industry advance toward an even better method of harvesting
» » donor follicles and achieve even less invasiveness than current hair
» » transplant techniques offer???
»
» Don’t change the topic. The issue was not pushing the envelope forward to
» see how far we can progress and better the procedures themselves, but it
» was for charging for a magical white powder, ACell, when even you admit it
» may or may not work.
»
» Will we do nothing and make no positive
» » progress in our lifetime? Before I address your concerns, I’m not so
» sure
» » that it is a great idea to assume that you have absolute factual
» knowledge
» » of the aforementioned treatments. It may not be the best of ideas to
» » mention or discuss anything outside of what most individuals would
» consider
» » to be useful and unknown information. Fellow forum viewers either want
» to
» » read and understand the information being discussed here, or they read
» this
» » information because they are compelled to be made aware of useful
» » knowledge.
»
» Then it would be a good idea to practice what you preach. Because you
» made an announcement as if it were groundbreaking news that “WE NOW USE
» ACELL IN OUR HAIRTRANSPLANT PROCEDURES!”. Knowing majority of the readers
» will think acell is actually working wonders and here you are offering it
» to them. You should have been more clearer and inform them as you stated
» above that “it may or may not work, theres no evidence that it works to
» date, but we want to charge you anyway”.
»
» To refer to all of these three treatments as “unproven
» » techniques” is certainly inaccurate.
»
» Inaccurate? if they were so accurate I wonder why every single HT surgeon
» isn’t using them??? Where are your photos? Your research? Studies to back
» up that they are PROVEN TECHNIQUES?
»
» In fact, I am extending an offer to
» » you to discuss how we are seeing positive effects from PRP along with
» » micro-needling, and are offering them all at the minimum (cost).
»
» Forget PRP, thats a hit and miss and the photos we’ve seen to date are
» amognst the funniest, shwing many signs of being tampered with and
» different combings from before and after shots. PRP shouldn’t even be
» discussed, let’s talk about the use of ACell.
»
» I have
» » personally seen better wound healing and wound contraction in an
» operating
» » room.
»
» Really??? In the operating room??? You have actually seen better wound
» healing and wound contraction in the operating room??? You might want to
» change that statement. It’s &#%^$&# and you know it. Seeing wounds heal
» and contract in the operating room… bahahaha, Is this a joke?
»
» So considering the fact that we offer all three treatments at
» » “cost”, and there is no “Quick Buck”, we maintain a high level of
» integrity
» » and trust with ALL of our patients.
»
» A very high level integrity I must admit. I mean, you see wounds
» healing and wounds contracting in the operating room. You are the king of
» clinics. :wink:
»
» I would be happy to offer you free
» » information and in-depth discussion via telephone, email, or live chat.
» I
» » definitely look forward to hearing from you.
»
» No thanks.

Excellent post. “CIT” is ridiculous. Making claims based on ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE. The “doctors” have supposedly been to med school, so they have some familiarity with the scientific method (you know, that process we learn about in 9th grade and is the standard, universally accepted process used to objectively evaluate phenomena), and yet they offer no real data for the crap they sell. Its reprehensible. If I ever have a HT, I know who I WONT be going to.

» » » How do you PROMOTE, IMPLEMENT, and CHARGE for unproven techniques???
» » »
» » » Anything to make a quick buck these days, eh? :ok:
» Don’t change the topic. The issue was not pushing the envelope forward to
» see how far we can progress and better the procedures themselves, but it
» was for charging for a magical white powder, ACell, when even you admit it
» may or may not work.

Mj2003,

Ok. Let’s not change the topic. This is my earlier post within this thread, verbatim:

“We are charging for cost and time. There is no intention of offering these treatments for more than the value of the cost. The reason is that we don’t have results with the ACELL medicine, but we have seen a result with using PRP and micro-needling." As previously stated, my experience involved observing and monitoring the status of each wound made during the procedure. This case was in progress over multiple days.

» Blimey it must be good if you actually see the wound healing and
» contraction during the operation! To avoid ambiguity, I am being sarcastic
» should there be any doubt.

Sure. Surgery involves wounds. When wounds occur in mammals, a series of events also occur. First there is hemorrhage then clotting, followed by inflammatory cell infiltration. CIT involves wounds that are treated throughout the surgery. With studying these particular wounds over multiple days, the changes between the treated wounds and the untreated wounds could be seen. As time expired over multiple days, the differences between these particular wounds became more apparent.

Remember that we just want to charge patients the cost of the matri-stem medicine (ACELL), and we are offering it in hopes of achieving any positive progress. I will maintain a positive outlook for the next few months. Stay tuned to FORHAIR for frequent updates.” NOW, I am going to stay on topic as we further discuss ACELL’s matristem medicine. Would you prefer to let the “patients” buy the product and HT doctors foot the time they have to spend to perform the process. No, mj2003, surely you know that nothing is free? In accordance with this theory, let’s allow the ACELL corperation to charge nothing for giving “patients” the magical white powder. But let’s stay on topic… Maybe there could even be an established U.S. health department that charges nothing, but tax payers dollars?”. mj2003, if you are still offering your in-depth discussion, I don’t have your telephone number. Could you email it to me?

»
» Mj2003,
»
» Ok. Let’s not change the topic. This is my earlier post within this
» thread, verbatim:

Hi Emilie, I’m not changing the topic. I’m actually the one that reeled you back in.

»We are charging for cost and time.

You can charge $2,500 for anything and say it only covered your “cost” and “time”. Come on, you’re not the only one running a business here.

»There is no intention of
» offering these treatments for more than the value of the cost.

But you just stated above that you are only charging for cost AND time. But now you’re saying you’re charging for cost. Let us know what you decide please.

»The reason
» is that we don’t have results with the ACELL medicine, but we have seen a
» result with using PRP and micro-needling. As previously stated,
» my experience involved observing and monitoring the status of each
» wound made during the procedure. This case was in progress over multiple
» days.

Why are we referring to PRP again? Come back to the topic :slight_smile:

»
» » Blimey it must be good if you actually see the wound healing and
» » contraction during the operation! To avoid ambiguity, I am being
» sarcastic
» » should there be any doubt.

No problem. You worded it wrong for sensationlizing purposes. But I’m glad it’s corrected now.

»
» Sure. Surgery involves wounds. When wounds occur in mammals, a series of
» events also occur. First there is hemorrhage then clotting, followed by
» inflammatory cell infiltration. CIT involves wounds that are treated
» throughout the surgery. With studying these particular wounds over
» multiple days, the changes between the treated wounds and the untreated
» wounds
could be seen. As time expired over multiple days, the
» differences between these particular wounds became more apparent.
»
»
» Remember that we just want to charge patients the cost of the matri-stem
» medicine (ACELL), and we are offering it in hopes of achieving any
» positive progress.

If you are ony charging for the cost alone, what is the price?

»I will maintain a positive outlook for the next few
» months. Stay tuned to FORHAIR for frequent updates.” NOW, I am going to
» stay on topic as we further discuss ACELL’s matristem medicine. Would you
» prefer to let the “patients” buy the product and HT doctors foot the time
» they have to spend to perform the process. No, mj2003, surely you know
» that nothing is free?

Ofcourse nothing is free. That’s why guinnea pig patients get paid for being part of an experiment. This is an experiment, isn’t it? it’s written all over your post, you’re trying ACELL out, i.e. experimenting. Correct?

But we’re not asking to get paid. We’re saying we are happy you are using ACELL. But being it’s an experiment, why not use it on a small number of patients at no charge? Come on, patients undergoing 10’s of thousands of dollars worth of HT procedures and you can’t throw in the ACELL when it’s beign conducted as an experiment? Surgeons make TONS of money off each hair transplant. I’ve done the calculations if you wish to see. $1,000 less to see whether or not a ground breaking outcome will surface will not be the end of the world. It’s only ethical and right to do so.

»In accordance with this theory, let’s allow the
» ACELL corperation to charge nothing for giving “patients” the magical white
» powder. But let’s stay on topic… Maybe there could even be an established
» U.S. health department that charges nothing, but tax payers dollars?”.
» mj2003, if you are still offering your in-depth discussion, I don’t have
» your telephone number. Could you email it to webmaster@forhair.com?

Emilie I’d be more than happy to speak with you on the phone, even take you out to lunch sometime! but I’ve spend every penny I had on a Hair transplant and can’t afford to pay my phone bill anymore. Afterall, this started on the forum for the public to read, so maybe its best for everyone to read this discussion as well.

By the way, out of curiosity, what is your medical or educational background? or are you only a rep for Dr. Cole’s clinic? if you’re only a rep, do you spend a lot of time in the operating room? Doing what?

Mj2003: CIT and I are not the same person (I can understand the confusion, though). You’re welcome to take CIT to dinner but I don’t think he’ll look very cute in a dress! :wink:

To jump in to this discussion: as CIT pointed out, ACell treatment is costly and time-consuming to administer and, yes, we do typically pass that cost along to those patients who wish to try it. However, ACell is not a revenue generator for our practice. In actuality, we are just trying to help all of our hair transplant patients. Dr. Cole is currently participating in many projects to produce better surgical instruments, further perfect our surgical processes and also explore non-surgical solutions.

Just to note, Dr. Cole has just finished his second CIT procedure of the day. Earlier today, the first CIT patient was very interested in ACell, but could not afford the “cost” price, so Dr. Cole provided the treatment for free. Our second patient is a veteran (long-time hair transplant) patient whose donor supply is fairly depleted. Dr. Cole also offered him complimentary ACell treatment in hopes that we can maximize what donor hair is left. Dr. Cole has no incentive in offering ACell other than his desire to explore new, and much needed, possibilities in this field.

» Mj2003: CIT and I are not the same person (I can understand the
» confusion, though). You’re welcome to take CIT to dinner but I don’t think
» he’ll look very cute in a dress! :wink:

I know you’re not the same person. “Emilie” gave it away. I’d never offer a man to dinner. Lunch, maybe. Never dinner.

But so many questions were left unanswered from previous post.

» Just to note, Dr. Cole has just finished his second CIT procedure of the
» day. Earlier today, the first CIT patient was very interested in ACell,
» but could not afford the “cost” price, so Dr. Cole provided the treatment
» for free. Our second patient is a veteran (long-time hair transplant)
» patient whose donor supply is fairly depleted. Dr. Cole also offered him
» complimentary ACell treatment in hopes that we can maximize what donor hair
» is left. Dr. Cole has no incentive in offering ACell other than his desire
» to explore new, and much needed, possibilities in this field.

See, NOW we’re talking! I knew we’d get through to you eventually. Now, to keep it consistent…