Checkingin - 11 month hair transplant update

I finally got around to getting my wife to snap some pics.

Overall very pleased. My wife says the strip scars look “so much better”
than before.

To summarize that this is a “process” when dealing with body hair. Takes
several passes before effect starts to be seen. Not perfect, but is a
very good adjunct if expectations are realistic.

• checkingin

First pic is wide strip scar on right side. Completely barren before.
Skin color has addl pigmentation and looks much healthier. Can use another pass to make look even better.

Second/Third pic is of strip scar in back. Better coverage and additional
pigmentation.

BEFORE Any body hair December 2005. That is a lot of scalp to cover. Can you say NW6, knew you could :smiley:

11 months after 1st session (November 2006)

11 months after 2nd session (November 2007), Hair is thin, but much
progress has been made and looks very natural (in other words, not like a transplant). Before naysayers jump in,
take a look at original before picture.

Hey Chechin, I’ve been waiting for your update for a long time. Looking good but I have to say that one more round will make the BIG difference. That’s a lot of grafts you’ve had (7000 as I recall)and your body hair is very high calibre so if anyone can get good results it should be you. If I remember correctly the growth from the first procedure was not that good at one stage. Did it improve or did the second BHT make the larger difference? Anyway if you can afford one more round you’l be a heligboy hairyman. If not then the improvement is dramatic anyway. Good luck to you (and the wife).

» Hey Chechin, I’ve been waiting for your update for a long time. Looking
» good but I have to say that one more round will make the BIG difference.
» That’s a lot of grafts you’ve had (7000 as I recall)and your body hair is
» very high calibre so if anyone can get good results it should be you. If I
» remember correctly the growth from the first procedure was not that good at
» one stage. Did it improve or did the second BHT make the larger difference?
» Anyway if you can afford one more round you’l be a heligboy hairyman. If
» not then the improvement is dramatic anyway. Good luck to you (and the
» wife).

Marco, thanks. I’m scheduled for the next round in just under 2 weeks. The first round was 5,000 grafts and didn’t get very good growth. The 2nd trip was 7,400 grafts with 900+ being scalp although 400+ were single hair grafts. Over 5,000 of the grafts for the second session were leg or forearm hair (66%) and none of those is over 1".

My scalp and body hair are very fine. I have a ton of body hair in a lot of places, but it is very fine and not particularly long. Some of the Indians that Dr A operates on have chest hair that is 2+ inches long with hair as thick as my pubic region.

For this trip, I’m shooting for 3,000 to 3,500 utilizing much heartier hair. I’m shooting for 1,000 pubic, 1,000 chest, 500 neck and scalp (if possible) and either 500 or 1,000 beard hair. I’m hesitant to do the 1,000 beard hair as I’m not completely sold on keeping my hair shorter and am concerned that the thicker hair might overwhelm thinner scalp/body hair. I think I can be more selective this time around really concentrating on filling in the “gaps” as opposed to having to start from scratch.

That was a very bald crown/top that I had so it doesn’t take long to realize that BHT has played a major role in my coverage.

Checkin,
You are making excellent progress. Yours is another excellent example of what one can expect from the numbers needed when using BHT to provide coverage . It takes larger numbers but presents an excellent donor source when used appropriately and one is realistic about expectations .

19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

» Checkin,
» You are making excellent progress. Yours is another excellent example
» of what one can expect from the numbers needed when using BHT to provide
» coverage . It takes larger numbers but presents an excellent donor source
» when used appropriately and one is realistic about expectations .
»
»
» 19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
» www.myhairtransformation.com

Looking good Checkin, I assume you’ll still get more growth yet, and also w/ your upcoming procdedure it should fill it in and get you better coverage. Good luck.

Man, it’s gotta cost a fortune though.

» » Checkin,
» » You are making excellent progress. Yours is another excellent
» example
» » of what one can expect from the numbers needed when using BHT to
» provide
» » coverage . It takes larger numbers but presents an excellent donor
» source
» » when used appropriately and one is realistic about expectations .
» »
» »
» » 19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
» » www.myhairtransformation.com
»
» Looking good Checkin, I assume you’ll still get more growth yet, and also
» w/ your upcoming procdedure it should fill it in and get you better
» coverage. Good luck.
»
» Man, it’s gotta cost a fortune though.

Heliboy, thanks. It really is a process and setting realistic expectations.

Missmyhair, thanks. I remember pictures from a patient of Dr Cole’s that had subtle but significant addtional growth between year 1 and 2. I think a transplant takes a while to mature especially with body hair that has different cycles.

Fortunately for me, the finances are not the problem. This hasn’t hurt me one bit from a financial perspective. The biggest hurdles for me are very fine hair and very bad hair/skin contrast. The others are time away from family and work.

BTW, I’ve already set the stage for buzzing my hair again. It was a really windy day yesterday and I came back to the office and told my office manager that I was probably going to buzz my head again. She said that I should and it made me look younger and more handsome. She said I should do it for the holiday party which is the weekend before going for procedure.

I want the option to grow my hair longer 2-4 inches, but the buzzed look is good from a maintenance perspective. It will be interesting to see what head looks like buzzed now and how strip scars look when fully exposed.

One additional thing I think I have probably not ever said previously. When I started this, my main goal was to not be “slick bald” anywhere on my scalp. I think that original goal has been achieved.

The hair is thin, but there is pretty much hair everywhere on my scalp now. There was a ton of “slick bald” scalp on my before picture.

Checkin
Doesn’t it feel good to have that comfortable feeling at work which allows you to talk to your co=workers about what you are doing and not hide . The visible changes are wonderful with transplants but the changes it helps bring about in one;s head can not be understated.

19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

» Checkin
» Doesn’t it feel good to have that comfortable feeling at work which allows
» you to talk to your co=workers about what you are doing and not hide . The
» visible changes are wonderful with transplants but the changes it helps
» bring about in one;s head can not be understated.
»
Heliboy, I actually haven’t told anyone at work about getting work done (family and close friends), just about buzzing the head. I told people last year that my 3 year old niece got gum in my hair. They all seemed to buy that excuse for buzzing my hair. For the strip scars, I told them I was in a car accident when I was younger and got a lot of glass in my scalp (I actually was in a car accident and did get a small scar at the back of my head).

The other thing about this taking several sessions is that it isn’t like I was bald one day and 6 months later, I had a full head of hair. This is a case of very gradual improvement over a period of 2.5 years (3rd session).

I still remember your situation very clearly and I was one (hate to admit) of the group that didn’t think you would ever be able to rid yourself of the hair piece because of the density issue. That took kahunas and courage my friend.

I also think I am like you in that I know this works and it can cause one to get “greedy” in terms of hair. Prior to body hair, I can’t imagine you thinking you were actually going to be able to “lower” your hairline. With me, I resolved the main goal and now want additional density.

» I finally got around to getting my wife to snap some pics.
»
» Overall very pleased. My wife says the strip scars look “so much better”
» than before.
»
» To summarize that this is a “process” when dealing with body hair. Takes
» several passes before effect starts to be seen. Not perfect, but is a
» very good adjunct if expectations are realistic.
»
» - checkingin
»
» First pic is wide strip scar on right side. Completely barren before.
»
» Skin color has addl pigmentation and looks much healthier. Can use
» another pass to make look even better.

»
»

»
» Second/Third pic is of strip scar in back. Better coverage and
» additional
» pigmentation.

»
»
»
»
»
» BEFORE Any body hair December 2005. That is a lot of scalp to cover.
» Can you say NW6, knew you could :smiley:

»
»
»
» 11 months after 1st session (November 2006)
»
»
»
» 11 months after 2nd session (November 2007), Hair is thin, but much
» progress has been made and looks very natural (in other words, not like a
» transplant). Before naysayers jump in,
» take a look at original before picture.

»
»
»

There is some growth, not a whole lot. Hopefully you will continue to see growth in the near future, i know body hair is a bit slower.

» There is some growth, not a whole lot. Hopefully you will continue to see
» growth in the near future, i know body hair is a bit slower.

JohnnyE, it is perfectly fine for you personally to think that if that is all there is to Body hair, then this is just not worth it. However, how can anyone look at these two pictures and say “there is some growth, not a whole lot”? Take another good look at the before picture with the few and isolated grafts standing out in the desert by themself and the after picture where there isn’t a single CM without hair. There is a ton of hair there it just doesn’t make as big an impact because if is not “scalp quality”. It looks like scalp hair in the process of miniaturization IMHO.

» » There is some growth, not a whole lot. Hopefully you will continue to
» see
» » growth in the near future, i know body hair is a bit slower.
»
» JohnnyE, it is perfectly fine for you personally to think that if that is
» all there is to Body hair, then this is just not worth it. However, how
» can anyone look at these two pictures and say “there is some growth, not a
» whole lot”? Take another good look at the before picture with the few and
» isolated grafts standing out in the desert by themself and the after
» picture where there isn’t a single CM without hair. There is a ton of
» hair there it just doesn’t make as big an impact because if is not “scalp
» quality”. It looks like scalp hair in the process of miniaturization
» IMHO.

It looks very natural to me in the pics, I would never have guessed they are body hair. What do you mean when you say they are not scalp quality? I want to use only body hair to fill in my hairline so that I can preserve my scalp hair. Everything thinks thisis a a bad idea.

» » » There is some growth, not a whole lot. Hopefully you will continue to
» » see
» » » growth in the near future, i know body hair is a bit slower.
» »
» » JohnnyE, it is perfectly fine for you personally to think that if that
» is
» » all there is to Body hair, then this is just not worth it. However,
» how
» » can anyone look at these two pictures and say “there is some growth, not
» a
» » whole lot”? Take another good look at the before picture with the few
» and
» » isolated grafts standing out in the desert by themself and the after
» » picture where there isn’t a single CM without hair. There is a ton of
» » hair there it just doesn’t make as big an impact because if is not
» “scalp
» » quality”. It looks like scalp hair in the process of miniaturization
» » IMHO.
»
» It looks very natural to me in the pics, I would never have guessed they
» are body hair. What do you mean when you say they are not scalp quality?
» I want to use only body hair to fill in my hairline so that I can preserve
» my scalp hair. Everything thinks thisis a a bad idea.

Body hair is perfect for filling in “gaps” in the hairline. What I mean by they are not “scalp quality” is that scalp hair has a longer Anagen cycle and the hairs are usually in follicular units of 2,3 or more where body hair is more single follicular units. That coupled with a hair that may only grow to 1 to 1.5 inches vice a hair that grows to 6+ inches (scalp) means the coverage isn’t going to be as great.

Thank for the photoupdate.

I searched for the pictures from your last visit.
These show the strip scar before and immediately after graft placement.

good update and a definitive growth in the scar!

» Thank for the photoupdate.
»
» I searched for the pictures from your last visit.
» These show the strip scar before and immediately after graft placement.
»
»

»
»
»
»

V, hope things are going well!!

Boy, if you took the ears out of the pictures, I would swear that is a plucked chicken that had been injured in some kind of farm machinery accident!!:smiley: