Can anyone explain how Histogen works?

Leaving aside how well it works, let’s assume that it does at least grow some hair.

We know how Propecia works – it blocks DHT. We know how Rogaine works – mainly it dilates small blood vessels to better nourish the follicles. (Please don’t argue with these explanations, I know they’re generalities… but they do describe roughly the consensus explanation of how these FDA-approved hairloss meds work.)

How does Histogen work??? What is the science behind Histogen???

Could Dr. Gail Naughton, or some knowledgable person here, address this issue, please?

» let’s assume that it does at least grow some hair.
Assume?

» How does Histogen work??? What is the science behind Histogen???
www.histogen.com/products/hsc.htm

» Could Dr. Gail Naughton, or some knowledgable person here, address this
» issue, please?
No

» » let’s assume that it does at least grow some hair.
» Assume?
»
» » How does Histogen work??? What is the science behind Histogen???
» www.histogen.com/products/hsc.htm
»
» » Could Dr. Gail Naughton, or some knowledgable person here, address this
» » issue, please?
» No

We knew YOU couldn’t explain anything about it, “rev”.

Just like your predecessor here, “John the REVelator”, you cannot explain a thing.

» » » let’s assume that it does at least grow some hair.
» » Assume?
» »
» » » How does Histogen work??? What is the science behind Histogen???
» » www.histogen.com/products/hsc.htm
» »
» » » Could Dr. Gail Naughton, or some knowledgable person here, address
» this
» » » issue, please?
» » No
»
» We knew YOU couldn’t explain anything about it, “rev”.
»
» Just like your predecessor here, “John the REVelator”, you cannot explain
» a thing.

Hm i like Histogens approach, if it induces new hair with one application, then multiple applications could be giving you full hair in the long run.
2015 would be a good time for me to use it and fresh me up.

» » let’s assume that it does at least grow some hair.
» Assume?
»
» » How does Histogen work??? What is the science behind Histogen???
» www.histogen.com/products/hsc.htm
»
» » Could Dr. Gail Naughton, or some knowledgable person here, address this
» » issue, please?
» No

lmao

His-to-gen? Vat is Dat? :lookaround:

Thanks for starting the thraed, i have the same question too. Someone mentioned something about WNT signaling, but what the xxxx is wnt signaling?

Is the substance like a drug that needs fda approval, is it an all natural supplement type of substance that we inject into the scalp or is it more like hair cells culturing?

» Thanks for starting the thraed, i have the same question too. Someone
» mentioned something about WNT signaling, but what the xxxx is wnt
» signaling?

» Is the substance like a drug that needs fda approval, is it an all natural
» supplement type of substance that we inject into the scalp or is it more
» like hair cells culturing?

Seriously? WNT was discussed here countless times:
http://www.ascb.org/ibioseminars/includes/player.cfm?name=fuchs&num=2

» Seriously? WNT was discussed here countless times:
» http://www.ascb.org/ibioseminars/includes/player.cfm?name=fuchs&num=2

Just because the Histogen says they’re using “WNT signaling” to grow hair, doesn’t mean they (1) can prove that their particular exploitation of this technology is the optimum one; or (2) that they are actually growing significant amounts of hair, to create a cosmetically acceptable result that’s better than Propecia or Rogaine.

Just about anyone can SAY they’re using “WNT signaling”. But how do we know these people aren’t just latching onto the “flavor of the month” in hairloss research, to market a weak, first-generation product?

In other words, they may be implying that they’re offering us the Maserati of WNT signaling, when they’re really offering a Tata Nano.

But just because they label it a “WNT signaling” technology, they are able to milk the maximum amount of PR advantage and hype from it, while being held to a low standard for actual results.

Note: I’m not saying I know any of that to be true. But I am taking this with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Maybe their product really is revolutionary. But so far, even with the photos they’ve shown, they have a long way to go to prove that it’s revolutionary, or even something most people would want to shell out hard-earned money for.

Because their claims are exceptional, so also must their proof be exceptional, and so far, publicly at least, despite all the hype and fanfare, they have proven nothing to the public.