Boom !... Crisis in, Intercytex out! (... official news)

From Intercytex’s website, i guess it means -as everyone expected those days- that they’re pretty much dead at the moment:

Clarification regarding Strategic Review

23rd February 2009

Following the announcement of the negative trial results and initiation of a strategic review on 20 February 2009, Intercytex Group plc (LSE: ICX) (“Intercytex” or “the Company”) would like to clarify that the options under review include a possible merger or sale of the business.

Intercytex is therefore deemed to be in an Offer Period for the purposes of The Takeover Code.

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/news/releases/2009/2009-02-23a/

who’s next ?

» who’s next ?

come on Follica now ! ops, not now, but between 5 years

this is bad and good at the same time…the race for HM is on by many companies, these companies do not work together but they compeet, so the secrets of one do not pass through to the other one.

If these companies worked together the research would progress faster…if intercytex really had something good on the TRC protocol and the company is for sale the other companies on the HM race could buy it off and use its research as well

Everyone prefers to finish the HM race alone and first, but intercytex does not stand a chance on that due to financial problems…that doesnt mean that if the research was worthwhile that it will die.I expect a takeover from the other players…the bad news would be if an outsider goes and buys them so we are in the same progress as before…but if they merge with another player it will be very good news

The whole ‘failure’ thing just seems very odd to me. My friend’s sister is a research doctor and one of her professor aquaintances said that Kemp had a solid product based on solid science. He said it works.

Kemp himself was always very emphatic that he had found the solution.

And now this.

For me, all bets are off with both Follica and Histogen.

» The whole ‘failure’ thing just seems very odd to me. My friend’s sister is
» a research doctor and one of her professor aquaintances said that Kemp had
» a solid product based on solid science. He said it works.
»
» Kemp himself was always very emphatic that he had found the solution.
»
» And now this.
»
» For me, all bets are off with both Follica and Histogen.

I am pretty sure that if it is something worthwhile it wont just die because they have financial problems…but they will have to sell it to someone else or merge.Lets just hope that it will be one of the other players so that the research can be combined…

» The whole ‘failure’ thing just seems very odd to me. My friend’s sister is
» a research doctor and one of her professor aquaintances said that Kemp had
» a solid product based on solid science. He said it works.
»
» Kemp himself was always very emphatic that he had found the solution.
»
»
If that is true then expect Kemp to emerge with a new, slimmed down company after buying TRC from the receiver. Maybe that was the problem. Intercytex may have spread the cash and effort to thinly over too many products.

The biggest losers will be shareholders and employees. It’s hard to see some white knight riding to the rescue to buy the company. Bits and pieces of Intercytex will be picked over and bought on the cheap.

ICX hasn’t looked like the most promising HM effort for a couple years now.

IMHO they’ve just kept carrying so much weight in everyone’s minds because they’ve been in trials longest and with most repeated updates. But lots of published bad & ambiguous info doesn’t trump a small amount of published good info from some other HM effort.

» I am pretty sure that if it is something worthwhile it wont just die
» because they have financial problems…but they will have to sell it to
» someone else or merge.Lets just hope that it will be one of the other
» players so that the research can be combined…

I highly doubt that Dr.Kemp will sell TRC to anyone. Yes it maynot work to our expectations but it is a propriety technology, anyone who figures TRC out would definitely be a billionaire. The same can’t be said about ICX’s other products i.e. for leg ulcers, blindness etc. Those are good efforts but they just don’t have the potential market that TRC has, so while Intercytex may easily drop work on leg ulcer treatment I don’t think they’ll let go of TRC that easily.

Salut Fatal, tu peux m’aider sur ce coup! je ne comprends rien a leur charabia juridico-commercial! ils liquident la compagnie! merci a toi

» Salut Fatal, tu peux m’aider sur ce coup! je ne comprends rien a leur
» charabia juridico-commercial! ils liquident la compagnie! merci a toi

Desole pour mon francais, je n’ai pas l’occase de parler tous les jours. Ils cherchent a se faire racheter ou a negocier une eventuelle fusion avec un autre groupe (d’apres l’article).

LL.

» » Salut Fatal, tu peux m’aider sur ce coup! je ne comprends rien a leur
» » charabia juridico-commercial! ils liquident la compagnie! merci a toi
»
» Desole pour mon francais, je n’ai pas l’occase de parler tous les jours.
» Ils cherchent a se faire racheter ou a negocier une eventuelle fusion avec
» un autre groupe (d’apres l’article).
»
» LL.

Merci LL,
Ton français est parfait!,(il va falloir que je fasse attention!:-))
c’est bien ce que j’avais cru comprendre