Body hair to scalp transplant (BHT) - standardised education and results

Dear readers and fellow doctors,
I have recieved many messages from doctors who say that they understand the necessity of using body and beard hair to alleviate scalp baldness. But they are unsure about how to get good yield and even whether body hair will grow well on scalp.

Additionally, one is correctly worried about the scarring potential if very refined techniques and instruments are not used.

Therefore, in continuation of sharing my journey in BHT, I am tabulating some cases that show/prove excellent healing in the most exposed donor, i.e., beard donor including the hair on the chin and cheeks if correct methods are used.

Please let me know about your experiences. Doctors may contact me at poswalarvind@yahoo.co.in or whatsapp phone +919818201323 if you wish to further update your skills.

Standardised education and cooperation between veteran doctors is the need of the hour in this field.
Regards,
Dr A

Case 1
This patient required beard redesigning.
This surgery was performed in early 2014.
He did not like the hair too high up on his cheeks. The hair were removed using the FUSE technique and the “expanding needle concept”.
Please note the immaculate healing without any visible scars on the cheeks.

Case 2 -
Perfomed in 2014, this young patient desired a youthful hairline but had a family history of norwood 5 level hairloss.
So, body and beard hair grafts were used alongwith scalp hair, to fill the scalp.
His skin is brown. A question asked is whether there will be visible scarring in colored patients.
Results speak for themselves.
These are immediately after extraction and 5 months post extraction pictures.

I am surprised how well it heals on the chin. Are the beard supposed to grow back after extraction? The guy who had 1566 grafts extracted have a full beard in the after photo.

no, they do not grow back, the patient probably had very thick beard density to begin with.

@Dr_Arvind Good job with the donor healing Dr. A !! :+1: