Bill Gates is clueless

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20002817-56.html

Bill Gates believes researching a cure for baldness is a waste of waste of time and intellectual resources. He, of course, has a full head of hair.

» http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20002817-56.html
»
» Bill Gates believes researching a cure for baldness is a waste of waste of
» time and intellectual resources. He, of course, has a full head of hair.

That’s comparable to a white man using the N word.

»

That’s the problem with people who think curing baldness is useless. Bill Gates even has a slick-bald best friend…and he still thinks the same way.

Unfortunately, I think the problem is partly bald guys’ fault as well. They’re always pretending it doesn’t bother them and rather spend 20 grand on a bad HT…rather then think about pooling resources togethet to get something useful done.

» » http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20002817-56.html
» »
» » Bill Gates believes researching a cure for baldness is a waste of waste
» of
» » time and intellectual resources. He, of course, has a full head of
» hair.

»
» That’s the problem with people who think curing baldness is useless. Bill
» Gates even has a slick-bald best friend…and he still thinks the same
» way.
»
» Unfortunately, I think the problem is partly bald guys’ fault as well.
» They’re always pretending it doesn’t bother them and rather spend 20 grand
» on a bad HT…rather then think about pooling resources togethet to get
» something useful done.

I don’t think Bill Gates sees the bigger picture. What comes with the ability to use Stem Cells to regenerate human tissue come also with the ability to fix other problems with people. Think Skin Regrowth, Organ Regeneration. The ability to regenerate human tissue in any form is a good thing regardless what billy and his rich buddies think. Short sighted I’d say. They can’t see past the next windows patch. LOL

» » » http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20002817-56.html
» » »
» » » Bill Gates believes researching a cure for baldness is a waste of
» waste
» » of
» » » time and intellectual resources. He, of course, has a full head of
» » hair.

» »
» » That’s the problem with people who think curing baldness is useless.
» Bill
» » Gates even has a slick-bald best friend…and he still thinks the same
» » way.
» »
» » Unfortunately, I think the problem is partly bald guys’ fault as well.
» » They’re always pretending it doesn’t bother them and rather spend 20
» grand
» » on a bad HT…rather then think about pooling resources togethet to get
» » something useful done.
»
» I don’t think Bill Gates sees the bigger picture. What comes with the
» ability to use Stem Cells to regenerate human tissue come also with the
» ability to fix other problems with people. Think Skin Regrowth, Organ
» Regeneration. The ability to regenerate human tissue in any form is a good
» thing regardless what billy and his rich buddies think. Short sighted I’d
» say. They can’t see past the next windows patch. LOL

No breakthrough in science is a bad thing. Too bad he wouldn’t take his own advice and fix windows. Now that was a complete waste of time but he still got rich on it.

He needs to finance the cure for baldness if for no other reason than to improve the looks of that guy Steve Balmer who is one, ugly MF.

»

True for him.

With or without hair he looks like a nerdy dork and couldn’t get a girl if he couldn’t buy one.

So what does he get? Some lamebrain broad who invented Clippy.

» Unfortunately, I think the problem is partly bald guys’ fault as well.
» They’re always pretending it doesn’t bother them and rather spend 20 grand
» on a bad HT…rather then think about pooling resources togethet to get
» something useful done.

They even act that way here–even on this very thread someone typed that the big picture is stem cell research is good for other problems, too, implying that those “other” problems are the serious problems, unlike hairloss.

When you’re immersed in a society that constantly repeats a lie to you from all directions since the day you were born, a lie like, “baldness is not serious,” it takes an extraordinary human to be steadfast to his own opinion, and not absorb such lies like the rest of the sheep.

Such a one is Ahab, if you haven’t noticed.

» When you’re immersed in a society that constantly repeats a lie to you
» from all directions since the day you were born, a lie like, “baldness is
» not serious,” it takes an extraordinary human to be steadfast to his own
» opinion, and not absorb such lies like the rest of the sheep.

These guys are acting manly by pretending they are not bothered by this issue…they’d rather take drive-by bald jokes then do anything.

For me this is a major concern…even though I want to do something to help cure this disease…there is no support from the community within to get started - let alone from people with heads full of hair.

Most people who say this stuff are thinking about helping 45yo guys look better. (Which is still a decent thing to do IMHO.)

But they might sing a different tune if you confronted them with their own son going visibly bald at 15 or 16 years old. Young baldness is not really that unusual. Not compared to plenty of other truly rare genetic disorders being researched every day.

And let’s not even mention the cruelty of young baldness for girls.

Why does he even have an opinion on this? There is no governmental funding for HM research. Everything is privately funded.
In a capitalist market, innovation is driven by profit. There is obviously a gigantic demand for a hair multiplication product, and there are individual and institutional investors who feel that it’s a good investment in a market with such explosive potential.

If Gates wants to play the humanitarian game, he should redirect all R&D funding for the XBox into disease research.

I agree that there are other diseases out there that are much worse than hairloss…no doubt…but hairloss research is not preventing researching cures for these other diseases…whats his point…should we develop a list of diseases in order of importance and only work on one at a time???

And I am not sure about this, but didnt Bill Gates quit college? He is the wrong one to be talking about how important education is when he quit school himself…from what somebody explained to me (because its not important enough for me to look up)…Bill Gates developed windows and made computers more user friendly (probably most idiots believe he invented the computer) and that the company deciding on which system to use went with Gates’ windows over another form of windows mostly out of convience…Had this gone the other way we would never know Bill Gates name…Shut up Bill Gates…your opinion doesn’t matter and you’ve got too much to say.

Bill Gates can go f**k himself.

» Bill Gates can go f**k himself.

Why is Hair Follicle Research very important?

Recently, researchers (AntiCancer, Inc., California & Kitasato University School of Medicine, Japan) found out and confirmed once and for all, that Hair Follicle Research, in general, is therefore VERY IMPORTANT, because in contrast to embryonic stem (ES) cells and induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells,

hair follicle pluripotent stem (hfPS) cells

• do not require any genetic manipulation,
  • are readily and easy accessible from any patient (simple biopsy),
  • do not form tumors,
  • and can be used for e.g. nerve and spinal cord generation,

resp. have VERY IMPORTANT potential for regenerative medicine in general and provide an advantageous and attractive alternative to ES and iPS cells.”

CONCLUSION

@Bill Gates, your comment sucks!!

» I don’t think Bill Gates sees the bigger picture. What comes with the
» ability to use Stem Cells to regenerate human tissue come also with the
» ability to fix other problems with people. Think Skin Regrowth, Organ
» Regeneration. The ability to regenerate human tissue in any form is a good
» thing regardless what billy and his rich buddies think. Short sighted I’d
» say. They can’t see past the next windows patch. LOL

Which is why Stenn, Washenik, and others point out that this research is Nobel prize level research.

Gates’ daddy bought him an operating system to sell to IBM, whom Gates originally turned away with the admission that he lacked the skills to program an OS. Fortunately, IBM was insistent, and Gates had a rich daddy. After that, Bill had the money too buy whatever new technology he needed. I see no insight or innovation coming from Gates’ mind. OTOH, he has a high level of ability to buy, rebrand, market, and sell. I suppose when HM gets here, he’ll try to buy it out and monopolize it as well.

» » Unfortunately, I think the problem is partly bald guys’ fault as well.
» » They’re always pretending it doesn’t bother them and rather spend 20
» grand
» » on a bad HT…rather then think about pooling resources togethet to get
» » something useful done.
»
» They even act that way here–even on this very thread someone typed that
» the big picture is stem cell research is good for other problems, too,
» implying that those “other” problems are the serious problems, unlike
» hairloss.
»
» When you’re immersed in a society that constantly repeats a lie to you
» from all directions since the day you were born, a lie like, “baldness is
» not serious,” it takes an extraordinary human to be steadfast to his own
» opinion, and not absorb such lies like the rest of the sheep.
»
» Such a one is Ahab, if you haven’t noticed.

sorry but even if i have quite some trouble with my balding… i too do not consider it a “serious” issue… those who claim baldness is a serious issue would have to say “being ugly” is a serious issue as well… because thats what it all comes down to… its about becoming less attractive… thats something we really should acknowldge… a zillion people are born every day who are simply buttugly… they have to face very similar problems and suffer just as we do - even with a full head of hair…

fighting baldness could also be a fight against our own insecurity and vanity… because there are alot of bald men out there who have absolutely no trouble with their hairloss and no trouble getting laid… its all about how you cope and deal with your situation.

1. Bill Gates is a moron. The fact that he is very rich in this corrupted World doesn’t say anything good about him. He made a fortune out of qdos (quick and dirty operating system) that he bought for $50.000 and renamed it to ms-dos. The worst operating system in history. Don’t say commercial genius but suspect foul play as the owner of Digital couldn’t be found when IBM was looking for CP/M operating system which was the best one at that time. Everything micrsofot has done has been an abomination.

2. Getting bald is not the same as being ugly or similar. A part of your body is decaying. Something is very wrong even though you don’t directly die because of that. But something is very wrong with your health.
    Our immune system is attacking ourselves and that is not a cosmetic issue.

3. If we can spend $3.000.000.000 in such a scientific nonsense as the CERN particle collider we can spend some money in fixing what is wrong with our immune system.

4. If one is so so happy cause he got bald and is so so mature that he doesn’t mind what the hell is doing in this forum?

» 1. Bill Gates is a moron. The fact that he is very rich in this corrupted
» World doesn’t say anything good about him. He made a fortune out of qdos
» (quick and dirty operating system) that he bought for $50.000 and renamed
» it to ms-dos. The worst operating system in history. Don’t say commercial
» genius but suspect foul play as the owner of Digital couldn’t be found when
» IBM was looking for CP/M operating system which was the best one at that
» time. Everything micrsofot has done has been an abomination.
»
»
» 2. Getting bald is not the same as being ugly or similar. A part of your
» body is decaying. Something is very wrong even though you don’t directly
» die because of that. But something is very wrong with your health.
» Our immune system is attacking ourselves and that is not a cosmetic
» issue.
»
» 3. If we can spend $3.000.000.000 in such a scientific nonsense as the
» CERN particle collider we can spend some money in fixing what is wrong with
» our immune system.
»
» 4. If one is so so happy cause he got bald and is so so mature that he
» doesn’t mind what the hell is doing in this forum?

1. bill gates succeeded in bringing a pc in to every house hold in the first world at a time when most operating systems and pcs were too complicated and unaffordable to the average Joe. I’ve been using *nix (linux and freebsd) for most of my life now and yet i am not a windows hater… without windows my mother would never be able to operate a pc. The fact that bill gates bought a product and marketed it is not in itself something bad. I rather condemn that he stole sources and knowledge from when he was working for apple.

2. getting bald is NOT a medical issue and u know that… it is an evolutionary variation of appearance. If every male adult would go bald im sure none of us would have a problem with it… because it is a PURELY COSMETIC ISSUE… if u claim otherwise you are lying to yourself.

3. CERN is a nonsense experiment? Lol… as i have said several times i am in the field of physics and i know of what use CERN is for the understanding of quantum mechanics… just because you dont understand its use doesnt make it useless… do you really think they would find investors for 3.000.000.000 if it were a nonsense experiment? it can lead to greater understanding of fusion for example resulting in virtually limitless energy supply for humanity… we could create little stars on earth which convert matter to energy using einsteins mass defect equation (E=m*c^2)… feel free to calculate how much energy is in 1 gramm of rock…

4. i never claimed to be mature enough that i dont mind… but i am reasonable enough to know that its not a serious health issue… it is purely psychological… and i wish i were “mature enough” to not mind going bald… sadly i am not.

Baldness, in itself, is not a serious illness. It’s the psychological damage that can really put the hurt on. The question, therefore, is whether or not the psychological damage is controllable by the affected individual.

Can you make yourself get over your hair loss? If so, can everyone else? I’m sure baldness affects everyone differently, and there’s really no way to compare someone who is mildly upset by his vanish do’ and someone who is thrust into major depression by it. And according to DSM-IV, unipolar major depression is as debilitating as having complete blindness.

Now, I know some people that have gotten over (or at least gotten better) their hair loss, and I also know some people that have been devastated for multiple decades. It’s easy to discredit the latter as being psychologically weaker, but that’s a hurried assumption at best. There are far too many confounding factors for a judgment to be made.

All in all, Bill Gates is really just spouting idle philosophical musings. In the free capitalist market that he took advantage of, everything is based on profit potential. Innovation, especially in the case of privately funded ventures, are driven entirely by profit - not by some humanitarian idealism. There is an expansive market for hair loss treatments, thus investments will be made to tap the market potential. Rambling about whether or not the money should be spent is about as irrelevant as … well, Bill Gates talking about hair loss.

Am I missing something here? I can’t find a quote anywhere of Bill Gates speaking out against HM research. He was talking about Silvio Berlusconi’s hair transplant when he said that some people spent more money on hair than on research to find a cure for malaria.

Not that it’s any of his business how much money Berlusconi spends on a hair transplant… (Judging by how it looks he probably didn’t spend that much money on it in the first place…)