Bigmacs HT #4 with Shapiro Medical Group

» at first i saw some of the recip photos, looks great, then i saw a huge
» stiched scar, i thought my god
»
» with the propensity of scars to stretch and all the horror stories, why
» would anyone do strip nowadays

My sentiment exactly. I really dont think I could find the courage to put myself through this. FUE and BHT are not perfect either, some pics are so-so at best, not to mention the price tag. This is a losing battle for us without HM :frowning:

» »
» » Bigmac,
» »
» » That was Triclosure that Dr. Shapiro did for you?
»
» Hi Hairsite
» It was triclosure with sutures and its looking great already.Will post
» some pics as soon as the sutures are out.

u r the first person i know who went back to strip after having both strip n fue done.

Hi guys
I wanted my HT documented as much as possible to show people exactly whats involved.

Steve78. I was in no pain whatsoever during surgery and a little discomfort with a mild ache after surgery.The pain meds take care of everything.

HanginInThere The scar looks worse than it is. Dr Ron and Dr Paul Shapiro are up there with the best HT doctors in the world and the trico closure they do is great.I had inner sutures which are dissolvable and the outer ones are nylon sutures.Horror stories usually occur when a poor choice in doctor is made but i done three years of research after my earlier mistakes.

Craig i can honestly say it was a walk in the park for me to have this done.
As for doing strip as opposed to fue,they both produce great results in the right hands.A lot of people including doctors believe there is a much higher graft survival rate with strip.

Mr Frodo,i know quite a few who have gone fue then strip but its all down to each patients individual needs and there donor supply etc.

I will be having my sutures removed tomorrow and will post before and after pictures of the scar.I am very confident in the ability of the doctor i chose and believe once healed my scar will be barely visible.

Thanks all Bri.

Gr8t documentation, I wish ppl post as much details as you did. Can you tell me how many grafts in total you have done so far (sorry if you already answered that) and did Shapiro say roughly how many more you can spare in your donor for the future?

Hi reiner
I`m trying to document it as clear as possible to show others what a strip HT entails and howgood the work is when done by a top doctor.

My donor is still good and i have plenty left if needed.I will ask howmuch i have left and let you know.
Here is my graft count as i forgot to add this.
Graft count

1-285

2-907

3-399

4-23

1614grafts =3388 hairs

I will hopefully add my scar pictures today as i had my sutures removed yesterday.

strip size was 1.3width by 16.5cm length

Here are some 10 day post op scar pictures.Hairsite if you want to convert these into pics that would be great.
The first two are just before the sutures were removed and the third just after.The scar is looking and feeling great.

» Here are some 10 day post op scar pictures.Hairsite if you want to convert
» these into pics that would be great.

All taken care of. Thanks for the CLEAR photos.

This is a strip, why are there red dots in the last pic?

» This is a strip, why are there red dots in the last pic?

Hi the red dots are the holes where the sutures/stitches were and when i post pictures in a few weeks after my haircut they will be gone.

I`m interested to see that none of the fue only clinics/doctors have commented on my scar.

» I`m interested to see that none of the fue only clinics/doctors have
» commented on my scar.

Still no comment

Hmmmmmmm

error please delete