BHT and the term "Robust" Shady... Hairtech

The thing that bothers me in this field of medicine(BHT) is the term “robust” hairs… coined by Dr. Woods, used by a few doctors as a gauge to determine good quality BHT hair that would be provide a significant growth result.

Yet there are no clinical diagnostic tools to provide a quantitative/qualitative test to give definitive results if a patient has “robust” hairs.

The “robust” diagnosis relies upon the doctor… who has significant financial interest in the “robust” attributes of ones body hairs. The more patients I (the doctor) deem as having “robust” body hairs, that translates into more cash.

What are other posters thoughts.

I probably would not trust anyone other than Dr. Woods himself telling me that I do or do not have robust hairs.

I take that back. I would trust my own judgment also in my own mind of course because I am not a doctor… And that is based on the hundreds of BHT candidates I have seen and worked on in the past and developed a “gut” perception by just looking at a guy.

See where I am getting at. It is scary.

» The thing that bothers me in this field of medicine(BHT) is the term
» “robust” hairs… coined by Dr. Woods, used by a few doctors as a gauge to
» determine good quality BHT hair that would be provide a significant growth
» result.
»
» Yet there are no clinical diagnostic tools to provide a
» quantitative/qualitative test to give definitive results if a patient has
» “robust” hairs.

Couldn’t you just measure the caliber in micrometers?

That would be a start…

Robust = ?? micrometers?

:slight_smile:

» That would be a start…
»
» Robust = ?? micrometers?

Depends on who you ask; there are several different scales that have been around for over 10 years. I would guess greater than 75-80 micrometers?

If you want to know what Dr. Woods means by “robust”, just ask him. After studying hair for so long, he is probably very capable of “eyeballing” donor hair and gauging the average caliber.

There have been several articles published on caliber and hair shaft diameter, and not from just the hair transplant industry. You’ll find something.

I thank you for your input Jessica… This is something that is not all well known. You and I know this but believe you me, I see less of hard diagnostics and just blatant misuse of BHT extracting for cash.

Than you again.:slight_smile:

Woods said that what one sees on their body was the caliber of hair diameter they can expect when it grows on the head.

In other words, not to expect “so-so” body hair to transform into head hair circumferential shafts. All one has to do is cut some body hair and trim a little head hair and compare the hairs for “size”.

Getting on DHT inhibitors AFTER getting a BHT might obviously also effect the size in a negative way.

I kind of think body hair has been a bit dissapointing generally speaking. There just have not been a ton of “wow” results. Sofarsogoods’ hairline looks good, that old Cole hairline, Heliboy’s, a couple of Dr. A’s guys, and three or four of Woods patients look like they really have improvement…but for the most part for the money spent one just does not seem to get much bang at all for the buck. Just my opinion.

» Depends on who you ask; there are several different scales that have been
» around for over 10 years. I would guess greater than 75-80 micrometers?

Not in BHT which was the point of this thread.

» Getting on DHT inhibitors AFTER getting a BHT might obviously also effect
» the size in a negative way.
»

I remember when this was a huge debate here years back…

»
» I kind of think body hair has been a bit dissapointing generally speaking.
» There just have not been a ton of “wow” results. Sofarsogoods’ hairline
» looks good, that old Cole hairline, Heliboy’s, a couple of Dr. A’s guys,
» and three or four of Woods patients look like they really have
» improvement…but for the most part for the money spent one just
» does not seem to get much bang at all for the buck. Just my opinion.

I agree and I would go further. I have heard of quite a few disapointments some from the board. What has surprised me is that some of them have been people with very very good calibre hair. Just as surprisingly one or two of the better results have been from people with weaker looking hair. I can’t think of forum names but who was that guy who had two BHTs. He had great charicteristics. The first BHT didn’t take and then another that did take. Another poster recently had weak leg hair transplanted that looked good and Dr. Woods said this was the worst area. I met a guy that had 2000 BHT by a respected surgeon and after 7 months there was nothing growing.

Predictibility= in a scientific context, a prediction is a rigorous (often quantitative) statement forecasting what will happen under specific conditions, typically expressed in the form If A is true, then B will also be true. The scientific method is built on testing assertions which are logical consequences of scientific theories. This is done through repeatable experiments or observational studies.*****

**** Thus far in BHT BODY HAIR TRANSPLANTS OR BODY HAIR TRANSFERS… I don’t care what anyone says. It is unpredictable. No one said that it means no growth at all. It just means that no one knows what will happen in any one given case thus far. :frowning: