Best news in a while

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/morning_roundup/2016/03/malvern-aclaris-acquires-vixen-pharma-baldness.html

Finally, some good news!

RT et al,

What is your take on this? Many of us were dissuaded by Christopher1’s lack of positive results with JAK inhibitors.

Although, I read on another site someone had positive results combining JAK with minoxidil…

ESP

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by ESP2[/postedby]
RT et al,

What is your take on this? Many of us were dissuaded by Christopher1’s lack of positive results with JAK inhibitors.

Although, I read on another site someone had positive results combining JAK with minoxidil…

ESP[/quote]

You’re right, Christopher1 seemed to get zero results from Janus Kinase inhibitors (specifically tocafitinib), but his explanation of how he formulated it, applied it, etc. was pretty sparse. There are so many variables that could have affected his test – like concentration (maybe his solution was too dilute?), the vehicle (maybe the vehicle he used didn’t allow for absorption of the product), and even whether what he was using was the real thing, or a fake formulation provided by some sketchy chemist or website. Where did he get it from?

Also, maybe tocafitinib isn’t the ideal JK inhibitor to use. I don’t believe Dr. Christiano said she was using toc when she got those positive results in mice.

Whenever someone does self-testing I’m a bit skeptical. Some people seem to do all these tests just to get attention on forums. I am NOT saying Christopher1 is one of these people, but having seen so many of these self-experiments go nowhere, we should all be a bit skeptical of their methods.