Best Hairloss treatment until and after HT

Hey guys, what is the best hairloss regimine? I’m currently taking 1mg finasteride (propecia), saw palmetto, and a multi vitamin daily. What else can I do? When I used rogaine a couple years ago it really dried my scalp and was uncomfortable, but that was the liquid, so I might try the foam now. Anything else I can do??? Any other pills, etc? Thanks

» Hey guys, what is the best hairloss regimine? I’m currently taking 1mg
» finasteride (propecia), saw palmetto, and a multi vitamin daily. What else
» can I do? When I used rogaine a couple years ago it really dried my scalp
» and was uncomfortable, but that was the liquid, so I might try the foam
» now. Anything else I can do??? Any other pills, etc? Thanks

definately give the foam a try, it’s the best thing I have used so far, the longer I use it the moreI like it, no itch whatsoever. it’s nite and day compared to regular Rogaine.

»
» definately give the foam a try, it’s the best thing I have used so far,
» the longer I use it the moreI like it, no itch whatsoever. it’s nite and
» day compared to regular Rogaine.

I have heard good things about the foam being better as far as not causing irritation and itching, but are the results better as far as hairgrowth?

Peter25,

The purpose of using as many hair loss products is that you want to sustain or maybe regrow areas that currently have low density. Please keep taking the Finasteride for at least 6 to 12 months to see the results. If you are experiencing side-effects then you should cease use of the product. Finasteride can only work over the long term if you committed to taking it. If you stop taking Finasteride, you will likely lose any hair you have gained within 12 months of stopping treatment Make sure you take clear photos of your case to before and during your treatment. In the past, (Minoxidil) was used orally and is now used as a topical application that has proven results. Taking multi-vitamins is also a good part of your regimen when you take them as directed. There is also an oral medication called Dutesteride A.K.A. Avodart which blocks many more DHT producing enzymes than Finasteride. You could also try using shapoos with anagen stimulators to elongate the anagen phase (actively growing phase) of your hair. Also, simply washing your hair helps reduce the DHT throughout the balding areas. Some patients try laser combs but we have not seen significant data to suggest that it is highly effective in combating hair loss. There are also other changes that you can make to your hair that will give your hair a fuller appearence.

You must do in-depth research to make you are aware of the possible long-term effects of each medication. There are several possible side effects that can cause side-effects. Generally speaking, these medication should be prescribed by a health care physician and can be dangerous in the wrong hands!

Let me know if you need help regarding any other non-surgical hair loss solutions. Good luck.

My advice is not medical advice.

Everybody is raving about the foam, am I the only who is shedding beacuse of the foam?

I used rogaine for 18 years before the foam came out. I went from a Norwood 2 to a Norwood 5/6 in that time. Did it work? I balded slower than my older brother, probably 10 years behind him. But alas, the result in the end is the same. I switched to foam 2 years ago and saw quite a few hairs on my crown appear. Over the last 2 years they have dwindled. I also had increased shedding for the first few months followed by improved hair counts when I switched to 5% and years later when I switched to foam.

The shedding means it is working as counterintuitive as that is. Stick with it, but it isn’t the solution, just a reprieve. Why do I still use it? It keeps my fuzz alive… and I strongly believe that science WILL figure out how to turn the fuzz back to terminal hairs one of these days.

Best of luck!

MSM, it is supposed to help the skin heal better or something like that.

Aside from minox and fin (over 15 years now), I take MSM and Fishoil plus one hairmax vitamin daily (about 3+ years).

Now, here’s the kicker and I’m sure I’ll get some flack for this but I also am a believer in the right laserbomb(brush). I bought the amazinglasercomb (really a brush) for about $80.00.

Been using it for over two years for 15 or 20 minutes every few days.
I don’t have proof or before and after pix to show so take my comments as you will.
But I have no plans on putting it down.

My scalp health seems excellent and my hair diameter is well above average.
Having grown my hair very long over the last wo years, I have a good sense of the “quality” of my hair.

However, please note my HT doc isn’t convinced it is doing much, if anything.

That’s my routine.

Best of luck to all.

I don’t think there is anything special other than the usual that most people use anyway whether with or without a hair transplant, Rogaine, Propecia, Nizoral and perhaps some supplements.

The FDA did approve the comb, no?

The only other treatments they have approved, that I am aware of, are minox and fin.

I think it helps the hair you have but won’t regrow any hair on a bald scalp.

Could be wishful thinking though.

hey people … i was wondering about the foam thing
i used minoxidol for 6 months . stopped cause it was too itchy and made my scalp greasy.
does the foam dry quickly after u apply it? and what prodduct is it?

» Aside from minox and fin (over 15 years now), I take MSM and Fishoil plus
» one hairmax vitamin daily (about 3+ years).
»
» Now, here’s the kicker and I’m sure I’ll get some flack for this but I
» also am a believer in the right laserbomb(brush). I bought the
» amazinglasercomb (really a brush) for about $80.00.
»
» Been using it for over two years for 15 or 20 minutes every few days.
» I don’t have proof or before and after pix to show so take my comments as
» you will.
» But I have no plans on putting it down.
»
» My scalp health seems excellent and my hair diameter is well above
» average.
» Having grown my hair very long over the last wo years, I have a good sense
» of the “quality” of my hair.
»
» However, please note my HT doc isn’t convinced it is doing much, if
» anything.
»
» That’s my routine.
»
» Best of luck to all.

Glad to see you are getting results with the brush. Ill have to tell my friend the company you use as hes planning to try a laser comb company based in Australia that that charges well over a thousand dollers. Ive bought just about everything else so whats another 80 dollers towards my getting more expensive everyday head.))
Thanks for the info