Been on minoxidil for about a year!

Been on minoxidil for about a year and a half and have not seen even the smallest amount of regrowth.

I can’t afford a transplant and i am thinking to try the natural techniques to stop hair loss and regrow hair .

Any advice ?

» Been on minoxidil for about a year and a half and have not seen even the
» smallest amount of regrowth.
»
» I can’t afford a transplant and i am thinking to try the natural
» techniques to stop hair loss and regrow hair .
»
» Any advice ?

Yes. keep on with minox if you don 't want to see what you retained fall out in its turn. All minox dropouts have regretted it, confessing “they had not understood that minox had helped them that much”. Unless your hairloss has not been the least halted either…

» Been on minoxidil for about a year and a half and have not seen even the
» smallest amount of regrowth.
»
» I can’t afford a transplant and i am thinking to try the natural
» techniques to stop hair loss and regrow hair .
»
» Any advice ?

Nizoral cream, only thing I have seen lately that does anything
i have tons of regrowth after only a month, maybe Im strange but gc1961 did too, plus the japanese study participants had amazing regrowth in less than 6 months

r u sure about nizoral cream. cause i have sheboric dermatisis and the dermatologist gave me the nizoral cream to use for only a week . he said its bad for the hair and the scalp.

» r u sure about nizoral cream. cause i have sheboric dermatisis and the
» dermatologist gave me the nizoral cream to use for only a week . he said
» its bad for the hair and the scalp.

i would be more hesitant to use the shampoo, since it has hydrochloric acid,

i have seen way more positive than negative press on the niz cream as relates to hair and hairloss
my hair is a bit sensitive and certainly to topical i get red itchy rashes
so far with niz cream no negs like that and lots of regrowth, what does it hurt to try it if you get itching or redness u can stop

“…and lots of regrowth”

This is getting to be ridiculous!

And I am speaking only to you, Hang ups. I want to know exactly:

1. How long you have been using Nizoral?

2. How much “regrowth” you have achieved?

Let me start out by saying that If I wanted to exaggerate my results, since I am posting no pics, It would be easy to do, all I would have to do is say, hey im getting terminal dark hairs all over my crown, you can hardly notice my crown was even thin before, its amazing , blah blah blah
im not saying that, Im saying the crown is nearly the same, a scattered layer of peach fuzz, which does not impress most people

I had predicted before, about a month ago that my thinning area on top in the front, would be the first to respond and I was right, not only is there a ton of baby hairs in the temple and hairline, but the hair that is there is grownng much more quickly and is more healthy
I predicted that since my area in my crown was bald, and I mean bald, not even some baby hairs, that it more than likely wont respond at all, or it would take a LONG time to respond

6 weeks into this nizoral. and a lot of babies in the thinning hair, in the top front and below the back of the crown
the area of the crown that has no hair, is slower going, will take , in my opinion 6 months to show significant visible change, although scattered peach fuzz is sprouting

both temples are lots of baby hairs also

even though i am happy with it, and it sure beats the response I have had to any other program, the new growth is not significant or visible enough that a camera shot would be all that impressive, at this point, maybe in 5 or 6 months the results will be dramatic enough

nonetheless im happy and thats all that matters

i am getting terminal half inch long dark hairs in the area BELOW the crown, in the back , where there was a thin area two inches below the crown, i did not expect to see growth there, well i hoped for it but was pleasantly surprised to see this

even though I am thrilled the regrowth in the thinning areas, i wish i had this cream 20 yrs ago, it sure beats anything I have ever tried

if i dont get significant regrowth in the crown, I will be disappointed , i wish it would respond like Gc1961, or the guys in the japanese study

Now to ME, the peach fuzz in the crown is definitely great, since that is way better than I have ever seen any other regimen accomplish, but to most other guys, that peach fuzz is a big yawn in the crown.

I hope that within 5 to 6 months I will have something exciting happen in the crown, but even if the thin hair on my head is the only hair to really respond, hey some response is better than nothing.

If you are experiencing some regrowth in those areas, I think that’s great.

But I was alluding to your August 17th thread, Update Nizoral, where you said, “I have noticed no improvement and possibly a slight deterioration since last week, might try staying off it for a week.” Then you go on to post something entirely different. To me, this is confusing.

How often are you using Nizoral cream?

Sorry hanging, what’s your procedure again with this cream? Daily use in the morning and then wash and rinse off how long after? Only in the crown area or frontal area as well? Thin layer or what?

» Sorry hanging, what’s your procedure again with this cream? Daily use in
» the morning and then wash and rinse off how long after? Only in the crown
» area or frontal area as well? Thin layer or what?

just nightly after shower
I think i was actually leaving it on too long because, if you think about it most of us shower only one time a day, and thats what I was doing , so now I try to wash this off the scalp separate from the shower times, about 8 hours later after i put it on

i put it sometimes all over the top of the head, and also beneath the crown in the thin area, i mean the top of my head not the sides which dont need it
i just put a layer and rub it around like you would do any cream, its not a thick layer just so that it evenly covers the area

crown is easy to put on since no hair there
the front top with hair is hard to put it on, have to part the hair, then put it inside the part , then move over, part the hair, repeat

» If you are experiencing some regrowth in those areas, I think that’s great.
»
»
» But I was alluding to your August 17th thread, Update Nizoral,
» where you said, “I have noticed no improvement and possibly a slight
» deterioration since last week, might try staying off it for a week.” Then
» you go on to post something entirely different. To me, this is confusing.
»
» How often are you using Nizoral cream?

well that day was strange, i was in a weird mood doubting my progress, then i noticed for the first time later the area beneath the crown had a lot of half inch long dark hairs sprouting which i had not noticed before

when your hair is thin, like mine is in the top front, some days it looks different than others depending if you have shampooed yet, if its sweaty, etc etc etc
I did notice that the area on the top front that day looked noticeably see through and I thought WTF, is it getting worse?
but I think my hair was greasy because i was leaving the niz cream on basically 23 hours a day, and then when i shampooed i would wash it out and then apply more

so now i either skip a day, in between applications , or if i do apply it i wash it off separately 8 to 10 hours later

I still think the crown wont respond much more than peach fuzz, but , I am cautiously optimistic because i have NEVER seen my front top hair, and temples get so many baby hairs, and the top front hair has changed remarkably in appearance and combing/styling ability in just a short time

You would be surprised how much it will change your appearance if just the thin hair you have on top, starts filling in and GROWING, somewhat normally
most of our remaining hair, most guys it is sickly thin and doesnt grow normally,

Even though my top front hair is still there and about 50 percent density, it sure as heck does not look like it did in its prime and it can use all the help i can give it, which the niz cream seems capable of doing a lot

Im not saying this cream is a miracle worker, but there is definitely something in it that is like nothing I have ever seen as far as hair response

The guys in the japanese study that got such good growth were all in their early to mid 20s so i dont expect that in my crown, but it sure would be nice

good growth to us all

Nizoral contains small amounts of sodium hydroxide (lye) and/or hydrochloric acid which are added to adjust the pH of the shampoo so that it is not too acidic or not too basic. This is a VERY common practice in manufacturing although it might not be stated clearly on the bottle. Although the addition of these likely pose zero health risk, each person should determine whether or not it is right for them.

» Nizoral contains small amounts of sodium hydroxide (lye) and/or
» hydrochloric acid which are added to adjust the pH of the shampoo so that
» it is not too basic or not too acidic. This is a VERY common practice in
» manufacturing although it might not be stated clearly on the bottle.
» Although the addition of these likely pose zero health risk, each person
» should determine whether or not it is right for them.

the shampoo for me was way too harsh, it left my scalp feeling scoured,
and the hair was parched dry horrible condition, like it had been dipped in acid
and in fact it had been washed in a shampoo with hydrochloric acid
perhaps this is good for dandruff but i dont think the shampoo is good for your hair in general
the cream has no HCL in it and thats why i switched to it

The harshness and drying effects are likely due to the detergents (i.e., cocamidopropyl betaine, etc.)

» The harshness and drying effects are likely due to the detergents (i.e.,
» cocamidopropyl betaine, etc.)

since the basic active ingredient that affects hairloss is the keto, I think the cream having keto in it is a nice alternative, without the bad things that are in the shampoo

Hangin in their, our eyes can be deceiving … its very hard to see small improvement or worsening over short periods of time.

I have done the same confusion… only after looking back at my photos over 10 years can i see what was going on… in fact looking in the mirror was very hard to tell what was going on at all !!

Photos dont lie so i think it would be good for you take take photos every 2 months to monitor and confirm your results.

by the sound of it you will get good regrowth from nizral cream if ur already seeing peach fuzz.

I have now switched to REvita shampoo instead of Nizoral as my main KETO product. i still have a lot of hair so i can only use shampoos and KetoMouse topcial.

its a really good shampoo.

good luck !

» » The harshness and drying effects are likely due to the detergents (i.e.,
» » cocamidopropyl betaine, etc.)
»
» since the basic active ingredient that affects hairloss is the keto, I
» think the cream having keto in it is a nice alternative, without the bad
» things that are in the shampoo

By the way, the original post (since edited by either the original poster or Hairsite) was more or less an advertisement for a “Regrow your hair by using stuff from the grocery store” scheme. The original poster likely has never used minoxidil and was just trying to sell the scheme/scam. The post originally contained a link to the scam’s website, which was removed shortly after the original posting.