Baldy calls Radio Stem Cell Show

During interview of a scientist on the subject of stem cell breakthrough, a bald guy called and asked if it could cure baldness.

The scientist said the FDA would not want to approve it for baldness until after it had been approved for more important problems!

The bald caller sheepishly said baldness was important to him, and then the show ended his call.

Had I been the caller, I would have ended by saying, "THE G0D D^MNED PIOUS FDA HAS NO DAMN BUSINESS TELLING ME WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO ME. I’LL BE THE JUDGE OF THAT!

Listen here (segment is titled, “Stem Cell Breakthrough”: http://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/episodes/2007/11/21

(This demonstrates what I’ve been saying: the FDA will be slow to approve any novel approach, like HM, for something it considers not a matter of life and death. Thank goodness other countries will be less self-righteous about it.)

What does the AMA have to do with anything? Who cares what they “approve”? They are not the FDA. Do you really believe that a US surgeon is going to adhere to an AMA “approval” when faced with making millions on stem cell baldness treatments? I doubt it. There is nothing that says that ALL scientists , working in the field of stem cell research, are working on fighting life-threatening diseases and spinal chord injuries. There is nothing that says that there are not scientists out there right now working on stem cell-related baldness treatments.

GRRRRR. Typo. I meant FDA.

» What does the AMA have to do with anything? Who cares what they “approve”?
» They are not the FDA. Do you really believe that a US surgeon is going to
» adhere to an AMA “approval” when faced with making millions on stem cell
» baldness treatments? I doubt it. There is nothing that says that ALL
» scientists , working in the field of stem cell research, are working on
» fighting life-threatening diseases and spinal chord injuries. There is
» nothing that says that there are not scientists out there right now
» working on stem cell-related baldness treatments.

Oh, that changes things. Sorry for the reply then…

since when was the AMA the gatekeeper for approving new traatments
isnt this just a shill organization of doctors scratching each others’ backs

this is not the same as the FDA, I think he means the FDA not the AMA

FDA

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week711/pics/p_perspectives_rickweiss.jpg Rick Weiss of Washington Post

The picture linked above of Rick Weiss explains why he laughed out loud when the caller asked if the new discovery could lead to a cure for BALDNESS.
He does not know what it’s like to be in the caller’s shoes. THen at the close of the call the interviewer mocked to that caller that he should go visit the Hair Club For Men . Asshole.

Apparently Rick Weiss feels the FDA would not want to consider human testing for hair-related applications FIRST, since it was not a “life threatening” condition. However, he did agree it would be likely to be one of the first marketed applications since the demand would be there.

I bet the FDA has blocked ARI’s efforts to test humans in the USA, and that is why ARI instead turned to the UK for their human trials. http://www.clinicalhairtrial.com/

i think its right what they say. baldness is not important. there are more important things which should be cured first. and i dont want a procedure which isnt completley save. its good that they have to test it until its save! you dont want any disease just coz you got more hair.

» i think its right what they say. baldness is not important. there are more
» important things which should be cured first. and i dont want a procedure
» which isnt completley save. its good that they have to test it until its
» save! you dont want any disease just coz you got more hair.

It’s because of people like you–the baldness is trivial crowd–that we’re still waiting for an effective treatment.

I would rather have gotten cancer and died forty years ago than have lost my hair as a young man.

I swear to god and the devil I mean that.

Not having been born would have been better still.

I had a risky operation some years ago–all I cared about was whether having that operation would make my hairloss worse or lessen the effectiveness of some future hairloss treatment.

If there had been any significant chance, I would have forgone the operation and happily died.

Ahab, good find. I think that the guest, which was a reporter from the Washington Post, is correct if there were no other human trials conducted in the world. I do think that the FDA will want to see that it is safe but I can’t see them denying the entrepreneurial hairloss movement in the US while Europe establishes it as a safe procedure after a few years. It could also be that a fatal disease is evaluated using this technology and evaluated by the FDA very soon and then the stage would be set for additional “less serious” diseases (aka. MPB) to be evaluated in humans using this new technology. This is gene therapy! I know that JTR has said that GT is along way off but IMHO it is only about 4-5yrs behind HM (in the US) which is a cell therapy.

Yeah the host was an obvious idiot. Hair Club for Men…what an ass!

»baldness is not important.

What a horrible thing to say helpme. How dare you.

» »baldness is not important.
»
»
» What a horrible thing to say helpme. How dare you.

You people should go duke it out with a heart disease patient waiting for a transplant donor, and knowing every day is bringing him or her closer to death. Go and show them your bald shiny head and say “My baldness is as important as your heart disease”. Yes we all want this sh!t to be cured but lets not get crazy here.

» i think its right what they say. baldness is not important. there are more
» important things which should be cured first. and i dont want a procedure
» which isnt completley save. its good that they have to test it until its
» save! you dont want any disease just coz you got more hair.

You are so full of sh*t helpme. You flip sides daily at one moment you want a cure now from Intercytex so fast otherwise your going to an HT butcher. Then the next your telling us to forget our baldness and its nothing to be concerned about. Why are you here then helpme seriously you proved no new insight to this website whatsoever and your English is horrible. I for one am here because I want to see new developments in hairloss to see an eventual cure or decent treatment.

» » »baldness is not important.
» »
» »
» » What a horrible thing to say helpme. How dare you.
»
» You people should go duke it out with a heart disease patient waiting for
» a transplant donor, and knowing every day is bringing him or her closer to
» death. Go and show them your bald shiny head and say “My baldness is as
» important as your heart disease”. Yes we all want this sh!t to be cured
» but lets not get crazy here.

If that heart disease patient got it from stuffing his face then I would definitely go show my balding head to them and say its more important. Honestly all those fat f*cks can easily stop there problem by not stuffing their face. Why do you think stapling someones gut is so successful? Cause they don’t eat as much. If I could stop baldness by running or eating healthy I would. I hate fat people they are consuming all the medical resources because so many diseases revolve around their fat ass. If hairloss consumed even a quarter of the resources fatness did we would have a cure.

» » i think its right what they say. baldness is not important. there are
» more
» » important things which should be cured first. and i dont want a
» procedure
» » which isnt completley save. its good that they have to test it until
» its
» » save! you dont want any disease just coz you got more hair.
»
» You are so full of sh*t helpme. You flip sides daily at one moment you
» want a cure now from Intercytex so fast otherwise your going to an HT
» butcher. Then the next your telling us to forget our baldness and its
» nothing to be concerned about. Why are you here then helpme seriously you
» proved no new insight to this website whatsoever and your English is
» horrible. I for one am here because I want to see new developments in
» hairloss to see an eventual cure or decent treatment.

troyo, i just say the truth what society thinks about baldness. and that is “it doesnt matter”. if you think the same way and that means dont take it that important, then you live happier. hair is only good for looks. but for nothing else. i care for my looks so i am in here. but latley mostly coz i enjoy reading how desperate you guys are.

it was a long time ago when i wanted HM to be here the day and would otherwise go to a HT butcher. i have learned much in 2007. and i have developed far. so dont compare to how i was in 2006.

anyway, hair is just something which matters for your looks and even if there is hollywood, still looks dont matter this much in this society. especially when you get older. maybe in your teens looks are number 1? but you arent a teenager anymore, neither am I and neither is anyone in here. ahab is nearly 60 and still thinks like a teenager who is just after good looks. in what world do you live? is the only thing you do watching hollywood movies? or do you maybe even think you are a hollywood actor yourself? oh no , mistake, you didnt have got hair…so no chance (at least your eyes). ahh, but when you get your hair back, you will have models as girlfriends and you will probably be actor for the next james bond movie. or you will become CEO of your company…or something like this. that is how you think and which is completley stupid. again hair is only a looks-thing and nothing more. so fuck it. do what you can (like treatments or a good HT) and hope for the best for new treatments…which are always 5 years away like you know. but hair wont give you better chicks or a better job.

you are so fucked…probably hair will change your life completley. but you could have a happy life and success with women already know if you would change your thoughts.

» »
» »
»

I wish i died in my twenties than have lived the forty years since as a bald man.

So take your heart disease and shove it.

» If that heart disease patient got it from stuffing his face then I would
» definitely go show my balding head to them and say its more important.
» Honestly all those fat f*cks can easily stop there problem by not stuffing
» their face. Why do you think stapling someones gut is so successful? Cause
» they don’t eat as much. If I could stop baldness by running or eating
» healthy I would. I hate fat people they are consuming all the medical
» resources because so many diseases revolve around their fat ass.

LOL. Excellent points.

If I could grow hair as easily as people can lose weight, I’d be one hairy guy.

Still, we must remember there’s likely many men and women who contracted heart disease from the stress of being bald.

» LOL. Excellent points.
»
» If I could grow hair as easily as people can lose weight, I’d be one hairy
» guy.
»
» Still, we must remember there’s likely many men and women who contracted
» heart disease from the stress of being bald.

I honestly have no sympathy for people that get sick from doing things they knowingly knew would cause them to get sick. Smoking and obesity are the two leading causes of heart disease, I see no reason in giving research money to these f*ckers. But the world is a messed up place were if you do these things you are still given the best health care. Mean while someone who is balding but keeps himself in good shape is given no sympathy or medical treatment. Smokers and obese people need to be cut off, they need to know that the medical system won’t be there for there poor choices. Choices which they fully know well are bad for you.

» »
» »
»

I Gladly would. I would tell him; “Do you know what it’s like to wake up one day, walk to the bathroom and stare at your freakish shiny head in the mirror as you take a leak? Do you know what’s it’s like to resist all urges to then grab your .357 Magnum and blow your brains out due to your circus freak reflection? Well I DO MOTHER**KER!!”

He has his prevention.(Diet and exercise) Where’s my cure? What about my disease? Even fat people can smile. I haven’t smiled since 1998.

» » » »baldness is not important.
» » »
» » »
» » » What a horrible thing to say helpme. How dare you.
» »
» » You people should go duke it out with a heart disease patient waiting
» for
» » a transplant donor, and knowing every day is bringing him or her closer
» to
» » death. Go and show them your bald shiny head and say “My baldness is as
» » important as your heart disease”. Yes we all want this sh!t to be cured
» » but lets not get crazy here.
»
» If that heart disease patient got it from stuffing his face then I would
» definitely go show my balding head to them and say its more important.
» Honestly all those fat f*cks can easily stop there problem by not stuffing
» their face. Why do you think stapling someones gut is so successful? Cause
» they don’t eat as much. If I could stop baldness by running or eating
» healthy I would. I hate fat people they are consuming all the medical
» resources because so many diseases revolve around their fat ass. If
» hairloss consumed even a quarter of the resources fatness did we would
» have a cure.

Surely your not being serious. Your brimming with bitterness and that anger is causing you to be illogical and make a sweeping generalization. You took my heart disease point and ran with it, but didn’t get very far. Heart disease is but one condition that is potentially fatal. There are countless diseases that have no known cures and not all of them have to do with 'stuffing" ones face.Even if were to use heart disease as an example, heredity cannot be underestimated as a contributing factor, not all heart diseases are caused by ‘stuffing’ ones face. My point being, baldness is important ONLY to the balding man or woman. The medical community’s first responsibility is to save lives, not make sure Bob or Larry wont be forced to put on a hat when leaving the house. I am very aware of the psychological trauma thinning hair can cause, however thats our own issue and it will always stay in the back burner when we take into account that its competing against diseases that KILL.