Bad news for dNovo hair stem cells cure?

Bad news for dNovo hair loss cure?

“YCombinator advises founders to plan for the worst amid market teardown”

"For those who don’t have the runway to “reach default alive,” YC is strongly suggesting that they consider raising money. If your plan is to raise money in the next 6-12 months, you might be raising at the peak of the downturn. Remember that your chances of success are extremely low even if your company is doing well. We recommend you change your plan,”

Why could this be bad news for dNovo hair loss cure?

@jarjarbinx Y Combinator is the VC firm that invested in dNovo and is now feeling a financial slowdown due to the shaky economy and inflation. I don’t this will be a huge problem for dNovo because:

1. dNovo already got their money and incubated successfully

2. I think YC mainly invests in startups at the very early, seed or first round stages which tells me they might not have invested much more in dNovo anyway

3. subsequent rounds of investment in dNovo will probably come from different sources like the biotech or pharma industry (like Allergan’s investment in Stemson), not silicon valley tech VC firms like YC that are so sensitive to hiccups in the economy

Now I could be wrong but this is the way I see it

@helpmeout @roger_that it does not bode well for dnovo, let’s not forget they were only able to raised $2.7M and now YC openly states that additional funding will be hard to come by in the near future.

To put this in perspective, Stemson raised $15M and they are still nowhere near human trials.

Aren’t you comparing apples and oranges? As I understand it dNovo is saying that their technology is ready for human trials whereas Stemson is saying their tech is not ready for human trials. The reason Stemson is not ready for human trials has nothing to do with money, it has to do with them still working on getting consistent results with pigs.

it looks like Ycombinator is issuing a warning to all startups that if they don’t already have all the funding they need for their projects, then their chances of success are very low because of the anticipated downturn in the economy? that’s how i interpreted it.

@jarjarbinx yes it is bad news for dNovo. We are currently in a high interest rate environment and that makes it very difficult for startups to raise money. Do you think $2.7M is all it takes for dNovo to bring their technology to the market?